Djibouti should be "well off" but it is in poverty.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Always blaming foreign powers. Djibouti is in a very strategic place where foreign powers pay to operate and train their troops. This fat f*ck Omar Gelle and his family are stealing the money. the port alone could help them get out of poverty.
you're proving my point that corruption is undermining progress in Djibouti
Not really blaming foreign powers(was a joke) ..Djibouti has made it self like that, taken advantage of by foreigners. Strategic yeah so is Somalia. It seems like Djibooty attracts foreigners because of its name:wow1:

These bad bad politicians are literally a reflection of the societies they came from.
If one goes there are 10 waiting in line ready to take his place , who will do the same thing .
corruption musuq-maasuq iyo nepotism is part of our culture ,sadly .

Although, their's Corruption in Djibouti, lets give our Brothers credit for building one of the largest
Ports Infrastructure in Africa. I have been following all their Development news for many years

And remember, they have Vision 2040 Program and they are following it. In this 21st Century, post
Cold War and Globalization, Strategic location only is not enough to become rich and attract foreign
investment.

Djibouti has four out of many International Investment Requirements:

1- Political stability.
2- Location.
3- Currency stability.
4- A large Landlocked neighbors that needs its Port Services.

Note: Ethiopia although a large Population, is very poor and does not import that much.
as some other Countries. Compare that to Uganda/Rwanda/Burundi/South Sudan/Congo
using Mombasa Ports.

Djibouti disadvantages for International Investment:

1- Being one of the most expensive Country in the World by any Standard.
2- Lack of adequate domestic market.
3- Lack of rich neighbors to trade with.
4- Expensive power and Water.

And to Compare. what has our Country built in the last 10 years.

I wish our Djibouti Brothers a happy Vision 2040.

OffTheDome

Proud American
IOG's hospitality and extended leases for military bases to superpowers have meant that he's not subject to the same scrutiny as other dictators.

disclaimer:

l love all Somalis to Develop and Prosper. I love all Somali Regions and States to become
rich and successful. I am in to Development and History.

Alluring

Sayonara
Corruption, bad politics, uneducated and unskilled civilians, untapped resources and endeavors, human right issues, etc.

Djibouti is what Somalia would be without the civil war, still a failed state.

Good to Know:

Did you guys know, how big of a game changer the Somali state Gas Exports are going to

be. Its going to be worth 10 billion in exports, that's more than all the total exports of Ethiopia

and kenya compbined,

1604973445264.png

Check this African Countries Export list:

Horn/East-Africa Exports are low for by even African standard:

Ethiopia #30 total exports:
$2,561,584,000
Pop:
Over 80 million.

Kenya #19 total exports:
$6,050,421,000
Pop:
Over 40 million.

Compare to small Botswana.
#15 total exports:
$6,573,001,000
Pop:
Just over 2.5 million.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
My hunch is that they feel they're better than Somalia because its a stable country. Complacency is at play me thinks.

Imo that's the same mentality in North Somalia. Somaliland and Puntland are content as long as they're slightly better than Xamar.

This dynamic isn't unique to us but unfortunately we don't have any competent neighbors to compete against.

Imo that's the same mentality in North Somalia. Somaliland and Puntland are content as long as they're slightly better than Xamar.

This dynamic isn't unique to us but unfortunately we don't have any competent neighbors to compete against.
I am a Northerner and this is false saxib. Only the old useless odays that control the region think like this.

I have spoken to Local Uni graduates in Hargeisa.

They smell the corruption, the lies and the division. They are active on Social Media. Everyone is quiet about it in fear of punishment. as soon as I say, "I am Somaliwayne" you can see the relief wash over their eyes and we talk on a real level.

I want power to be with the young and educated. The reason why we are failures is that old heads with old evil agendas are in control of every sector.

Although, their's Corruption in Djibouti, lets give our Brothers credit for building one of the largest
Ports Infrastructure in Africa. I have been following all their Development news for many years

And remember, they have Vision 2040 Program and they are following it. In this 21st Century, post
Cold War and Globalization, Strategic location only is not enough to become rich and attract foreign
investment.

Djibouti has four out of many International Investment Requirements:

1- Political stability.
2- Location.
3- Currency stability.
4- A large Landlocked neighbors that needs its Port Services.

Note: Ethiopia although a large Population, is very poor and does not import that much.
as some other Countries. Compare that to Uganda/Rwanda/Burundi/South Sudan/Congo
using Mombasa Ports.

Djibouti disadvantages for International Investment:

1- Being one of the most expensive Country in the World by any Standard.
2- Lack of adequate domestic market.
3- Lack of rich neighbors to trade with.
4- Expensive power and Water.

And to Compare. what has our Country built in the last 10 years.

I wish our Djibouti Brothers a happy Vision 2040.

On your disadvantage section, you talk about how the country is "expensive" and has expensive power and water. The thing is being an "expensive" country is usually a sign of immense prosperity and wealth for example Switzerland & Norway.

So that is is not a disadvantage and it will never deter an investor. The issue is that Djibouti cannot even take care of it's basic needs and necessities to even allow success to happen, how do you know "Vision 2040" will be achieved and it is not just a pathetic marketing ploy

@QabiilNobel That's not a good example. Norway and Switzerland are very rich Countries.
There is no reason, for a poor Country to be expensive unless they have oil and gas exports,
like South Sudan and Angola, or you are an island in the middle of nowhere without resources.

Djibouti does not have any reason to be very expensive. Its not an Industrial Economy and
does not have oil and gas exports.

Trending