Djibouti should be "well off" but it is in poverty.

Djibouti should currently be the only successful country that is majorly inhabited by Somalis but it is not. There is no threat of war, or bombings, politically it seems stable so WHY THE HELL is 79% of Djibouti in POVERTY?

I am puzzled. What is going on there?

Because their dictator is too busy embezzling himself and his family from the money other countries give him to use Djibouti's strategic location for military bases and the people living do not give a shit and does not pressure their government to make reforms

Because their dictator is too busy embezzling himself and his family from the money other countries give him to use Djibouti's strategic location for military bases and the people living do not give a shit and does not pressure their government to make reforms
Rule number 1: Never trust an overweight ruler.

Edit: Are the Somalis in Djibouti different? i.e. their temperament, etc?

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
I'm curious why you think it should be better off than it is right now?

Countries are largely determined by their neighbours. Djibouti is between the African North Korea, the other African North Korea, and an Ethiopian shithole.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. I think Somalis there have had their sprits destroyed.

They should charge huge premiums for those military base locations, this can easily lift poverty of of the country.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
I'm curious why you think it should be better off than it is right now?

Countries are largely determined by their neighbours. Djibouti is between the African North Korea, the other African North Korea, and an Ethiopian shithole.
Somaliland is a North Korea. Come to Loyada sxb.:dead:

@QabiilNobel You would think the Somalis in Somalia would feel that way. Djibouti did not have a civil war or unrest, so why would their spirits be destroyed?
Somalis in Somalia do feel that way. That is why Al-Shaabab's days are numbered.

however, In Djibouti's case when it was trying to join with Somalia, The French has rigged the votes numerous times so it looked like they wanted to be with France and expelled thousands of Somalis from Djibouti.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Somalis in Somalia do feel that way. That is why Al-Shaabab's days are numbered.

however, In Djibouti's case when it was trying to join with Somalia, The French has rigged the votes numerous times so it looked like they wanted to be with France and expelled thousands of Somalis from Djibouti.
Nope. Hassan Aptidon the first president was anti-Somali union. Check out Somaliland rn. Would you really give up their freedoms to a capital far away from them?

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Always blaming everything on external factors.

The truth is that there are plenty of fat dictators out there but their people are doing much better than Djiboutis.

They have a direct rail line to one of the biggest population centres in Africa, a modern port, plenty of revenue coming in from expats and foreign soldiers.

They have so many pluses but still seem to be struggling.

Either the government is preventing the creation of any business or no one is building shit in Djibouti.

The truth is that there are plenty of fat dictators out there but their people are doing much better than Djiboutis.

They have a direct rail line to one of the biggest population centres in Africa, a modern port, plenty of revenue coming in from expats and foreign soldiers.

Either the government is preventing the creation of any business or no one is building shit in Djibouti.
My hunch is that they feel they're better than Somalia because its a stable country. Complacency is at play me thinks.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
The reason for Djibouti's poverty is corruption. Unfortunately, the Horn is a shit hole where every country has a system that only serves the top. The lower class and the poor are surviving on the own by en large. Djibouti is a prime example.

"Either the government is preventing the creation of any business or no one is building shit in Djibouti."
It 1000% comes down to one of those two factors. I pick the that "nobody is building shit" part.

The evidence I have is this: Djibouti's most expensive hotel. It is owned by the Germans.

53534387.jpg

D2.jpg

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Free djibooty from foreign powers. Nothing called "it should be the only successful country". It has more opportunities to success than the neighboring countries but corruption isn't letting that happen.

Free djibooty from foreign powers. Nothing called "it should be the only successful country". It has more opportunities to success than the neighboring countries but corruption isn't letting that happen.
Always blaming foreign powers. Djibouti is in a very strategic place where foreign powers pay to operate and train their troops. This fat f*ck Omar Gelle and his family are stealing the money. the port alone could help them get out of poverty.

Ngl you cant really build an economy solely on hosting foreign powers and being a re-export hub . Djibouti is a condom state that has the same functions as a petrol station

The day Omar Guelleh and his cu.nt wife drop dead, wallahi I'm paying a couple 100 in zakat after Friday payers. Naahallah tuallah ealayk :pacspit::pacspit:

That man and the RBB are the reason Djibouti's a dilapidated shit hole to this day

Trending