Djibouti Reunification with Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it not upset anyone that the Western powers have carved up historical Somali territory and handed them out to neighbouring countries as political gifts?

Djibouti is the worst manifestation of this, they literally carved up this strategic territory and set up a government they could control. Now every military power has a military base located there. Ethiopia has already built a port over there. International telecoms have set up internet peer exchange networks over there. Somalia should be benefiting from all of this.

I really hope to see a strong Somalia one day with economic power that could buy an election in Djibouti and call for a referendum :cool:

Ogaden, NFD, Somaliland, Djibouti..............they will all one day be ruled from Mogadishu (hopefully this capital is moved).

Djibouti can stay independent and Ethiopia and Kenya can have those territories we don't need anymore confused people. Let's just make Somali great again

Djibouti can stay independent and Ethiopia and Kenya can have those territories we don't need anymore confused people. Let's just make Somali great again

How can you say let Ethiopia "have those territories"? How can you look at the map of Somalia and not feel a rush of shame at how artificially carved up it is?

f*ck no. Right to self determination is a human right. I believe with a strong Somali government and decent propaganda campaign, all those territories can be reclaimed.

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
How can you say let Ethiopia "have those territories"? How can you look at the map of Somalia and not feel a rush of shame at how artificially carved up it is?

f*ck no. Right to self determination is a human right. I believe with a strong Somali government and decent propaganda campaign, all those territories can be reclaimed.
"grab what's yours"
Cll4fMcXIAARKlF.jpg
Cll4g1HWIAEbN_g.jpg
Cll4gK_WIAAiHZx.jpg
Cll4fjjWEAAFRUg.jpg

Hey a lot of the people in those areas don't consider themselves just Somali. Why bring more confusion into Somalia. Also the international community would be against us.. why start a war ?

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Even if 100% of Djibouti's population voted in a referendum to join Somalia...

The international community would prevent it all costs.

They're even trying to split up Yemen so they could get a 2nd Djibouti across the Red Sea.

Why would they hand over a crucial choke point of the global economy to crazy expansionist geeljire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts