Discrimination between hair types in our community

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
Wallahi there is a big discrimination going on in our community when it comes to hair types. I was at the shop and a Somali lady with her three sons tells one of them with the hard Somali hair to go cut his hair today but his hair was not much and it looks like he cut it weeks ago. There was nothing to cut. But her other sons had much more hair than him but they had timo jileec hair. Their hair was 5x longer than the other boy's hair and the mother said nothing to them. There is discrimination going on

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
Hairism??? The only bad thing about Madow hair is combing it
I hate my “jilleec” hair

Apollo

VIP
Somalis do not treat* other Somalis differently based on hair type alone.

*(when it comes to daily interpersonal interaction)

Only when it comes to dating and/or marriage may this become an issue and why is that any different than judging based on looks like physical fitness or symmetry. If a person has a hair type preference for spouses it is not an illegitimate one to have.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
hair is just hair, whether jileec, Madow or in between, rock it with style and grace because you look good either way :)

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Timo Hindi is nice laakin you will get Bidaar early for certain.
Yeah I’ve noticed Somalis with Madow hair keep their hairlines much longer than the ones with curly hair

my awoowe was timo Madow he’s in his 60s and it’s only beginning to gray now....he has no bald spot or receding hairline

Bidar first hits the jileec kids hard in their late 20s

I'm jileec when my hair is saturated with oil/cream or whilstwashing but after shampooing lot of frizz comes.
Before puberty my hair was soft but now I don't know what my hair is thinking.

Apollo

VIP
I was in San Diego not to long ago. If you want to see Somalis with timo adeeg hair, go there. They also don't look Somali anymore. It must be the 366 day summer.

Lol, heat or sunshine does not turn your hair Madow. India is extremely hot. It is ancestry related.

Trending