Disaster in Saudi Arabia! MBS arrests rival princes; King Salman rumored to be dead

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/07/world/middleeast/saudi-arabia-mohammed-bin-salman.html

The scope of a new roundup of Saudi royals widened on Saturday with word that a fourth senior prince has been detained under orders from Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, according to two Saudis close to the royal family, in a sign that he is determined to crack down on even whispers of dissent.

The wave of arrests has ensnared a former head of army intelligence, Prince Nayef bin Ahmed, as well as at least three other senior princes, all detained on Friday. The full extent of the roundup is still not clear.

Crown Prince Mohammed, 34, has already consolidated his power as the de facto ruler of the kingdom in the name of his aging father, King Salman, 84. But the arrests offered new evidence of how far the crown prince would go to lock down potential opponents within his family, stirring new fear within its ranks, according to several people close to the family.

The most senior family member detained was Prince Ahmed bin Abdulaziz, the father of Prince Nayef and the last surviving full brother of King Salman. The arrests of both father and son stunned the royal family because Prince Ahmed’s closeness to the king had so far appeared to provide him a measure of immunity against the wrath of the crown prince, even when he came down on others.

The detentions also raised questions about whether the crown prince might have feared a plot against him within the family, or that he might be seeking to shut down potential opponents as he prepares to take full power from the aging king.

“It is surprising he would move on Prince Ahmed with the king’s authority still there,” said Kristin Smith Diwan, a scholar at the Arab Gulf States Institute in Washington, D.C.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
The most senior family member detained was Prince Ahmed bin Abdulaziz, the father of Prince Nayef and the last surviving full brother of King Salman. The arrests of both father and son stunned the royal family because Prince Ahmed’s closeness to the king had so far appeared to provide him a measure of immunity against the wrath of the crown prince, even when he came down on others.
:gucciwhat:
Bal waxaan inkaar bu qaba. I hope the other princes manage to kill him.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
MBS waa yahuud yahuud dhashay
ZNlOvfi.jpg

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Arresting his own aging uncle :gucciwhat: waa caasi xayawaanka

Ayrabs gonna Ayrab. Maybe they will face a similar fate to their princess and her commoner lover and get executed in a parking lot for the crime of forbidden love.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
He even took his spot in line as the next king:noneck:

He's messing up this stable power rotation they had going since the founding king.

Then again Saudi Arabia is in need of some drastic change.

You guys I think this event relates to a hadith on the emergence of the Mahdi:

Three will fight one another for your treasure, each one of them the son of a caliph, but none of them will gain it. Then the black banners will come from the east, and they will kill you in an unprecedented manner.” Then he mentioned something that I do not remember, then he said: “When you see him, then pledge your allegiance to him even if you have to crawl over the snow, for that is the caliph of Allah, the Mahdi.”

Narrated by Ibn Maajah in as-Sunan (no. 4084); al-Bazzaar in al-Musnad (2/120); ar-Rooyaani (no. 619); al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak (4/510) – and via him by al-Bayhaqi in Dalaa’il an-Nubuwwah (6/515).

I posted about this on Ummah Forum too, and added this:

"I am assuming, that three of them, like in the news report, may have been involved in some power struggles against the Saudi ruler Muhammad Bin Salman.

1) There could be some hidden wealth, maybe the Petroleum or the authority in the Kingdom itself, that could be the source of this dispute. The Kingdom also owns lots of sovereign wealth and investments, so idk if there is tension from there.

2) Perhaps there arrest means they will not gain such wealth.

3) Black Banners refers to the Mahdi's following or army, it always has referred to that in hadiths and is used as a popular symbol to represent Muslims in struggles against dictators especially recently.

4) I am not sure about this part, 'they will kill you', perhaps I will research it more (in sha Allah)

4) When we see the Mahdi, we are supposed to give our allegiance to him at once, its a command from Prophet Muhammad PBUH who speaks truthfully from being a Prophet, chosen by Allah, who Created all of us and the universe."

Trending

Latest posts