Diplomatic row breaks out between SouthSudan & Ethiopia

Status
Not open for further replies.
desalegn%20and%20kiir%20-%20Copy_3_0.JPG

Diplomatic row breaks out between South Sudan and Ethiopia
JUBA (23 Jan.)

A diplomatic row has broken out between South Sudan and neighbouring Ethiopia following rumours on social media that President Salva Kiir accepted to allow Ethiopian rebels to open their office in the capital Juba.

“Rumours have been circulating on social media that when President Kiir visited Egypt, he discussed important issues with the Egyptian officials so that Ethiopian rebels can open an office in Juba, “a senior government official who preferred anonymity told Radio Tamazuj today.

“The rumours circulated that the President has accepted to allow the Ethiopian rebels to open their office in Juba and Egypt will support the Ethiopian rebels with guns, because Egypt is having differences with Ethiopia over the issue of Renaissance Dam, so this is what happened on social media,” he added.

The official accused the SPLM-IO faction allied to former First Vice President Riek Machar of circulating the rumour in neighbouring Ethiopia.”The rebels now took advantage of that, and this information has already reached the government of Ethiopia,” he said.

He pointed out that the government of Ethiopia has decided to cut diplomatic ties with the government of South Sudan and expel South Sudan’s Ambassador to Addis Ababa.

“Even if there are differences between us, Ethiopia cannot expel our ambassador, because the ambassador is the ambassador of South Sudan to Ethiopia and at the same time he is representing us in the African Union. So, Ethiopia cannot expel our ambassador,” he said.

According to the official, South Sudan government will issue a statement to deny the rumour.

File photo: Ethiopian Prime Minister during his visit to the capital Juba in October, 2016 (Radio Tamazuj)

It is their lifeline, they will never stop. Last time I checked it they were being accused of funding Oromos to destroy assets like farms.

And what is our lifeline? They've been told it will not affect their share of the Nile anyway and it'll be done by mid-2017, so they are going to have to stop eventually and start discussing how they can benefit from it.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
i'm kinda happy that there is unrest going on with our neighbour. Hope it continues and our cushtic oromo brothers achieve freedom from these raw-meat eating cunts.
ETHIOPIA HA BUR BURTO:fittytousand:

And what is our lifeline? They've been told it will not affect their share of the Nile anyway and it'll be done by mid-2017, so they are going to have to stop eventually and start discussing how they can benefit from it.

80+mil people living in a desert country that has only 1 river. They are never going to stop.

80+mil people living in a desert country that has only 1 river. They are never going to stop.

Well that's up to them. Water has already been diverted and they are yet to see any changes. If it doesn't affect them, life will carry on as normal like nothing's happened.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
I remember the day south sudan got their independence.I was at footscray with my mom doing some atheeg and all these south sudanese people were celebrating and waving their flags around like crazy.It was around july 2011 and the people seemed soo optimistic,it's such a shame that they have been plagued with the same disease as us.:bell:

I remember the day south sudan got their independence.I was at footscray with my mom doing some atheeg and all these south sudanese people were celebrating and waving their flags around like crazy.It was around july 2011 and the people seemed soo optimistic,it's such a shame that they have been plagued with the same disease as us.:bell:

It is war between china and American oil companies. As usual the Ethiopia and Kenya are benefiting all these Sudanese leaders live in Kenya.

Honestly building the dam in Ethiopia was best thing happened to us. Egypt is 95 million in desert area will never allow their only source of life to be cut. BTW Allah had send rains /flooding to them last 2 years but the water was cut from them.

latest

Ethiopia ha bur burto :mugshotman:

Gib Ogaden back.

Actually Ethiopia is doing the same to us through their new dam to cut shebelle river water like last year. When the river shabelle was dried. The Ethiopians are very evil people and don't listen to this habashi probably he is working for his government.

Actually Ethiopia is doing the same to us through their new dam to cut shebelle river water like last year. When the river shabelle was dried. The Ethiopians are very evil people and don't listen to this habashi probably is working for his government.

I heard about this. They play with our water supply and then try and sell us the electricity.

I saw photos on Twitter yesterday, it was the shebelle I think. Wasn't sure if it was real, in a particular place the water level was so low. Are they related, and is it true?

I heard about this. They play with our water supply and then try and sell us the electricity.

I saw photos on Twitter yesterday, it was the shebelle I think. Wasn't sure if it was real, in a particular place the water level was so low. Are they related, and is it true?

It is true ask @Thegoodshepherd about the new dam in Ethiopia which will cut the water from shebelle. I had to go now but later I will post all info about this dam and shebelle.

The Shabelle naturally dries up nearly every year anyway.

Dams can have a positive impact on water flow anyway, hence why there are always flood risks associated with it, depending on how the water is controlled and released. I don't expect you to know much about it^.

http://goobjoog.com/english/38286-2/
Unless it rains, water in river Shabelle River, which is the main sources of irrigation water, farmers fear that there will be no harvests in the current season.

There's currently a drought which another thread in this forum states.

waraabe

Your superior
Ethiopia should do whatever they want with the nile, Africa is with them. The Arab wannabes can cry all they like

Ethiopia should do whatever they want with the nile, Africa is with them. The Arab wannabes can cry all they like
Exactly, it's been all of these Sub-Saharan rivers that have been feeding them all this time:
FMmxyqS.png

They should invest and do some reading on coastal hydropower, regardless the expense. S-Saharan Africa doesn't need to stop and go when the Arabs say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts