Did YOU Workout Today?

Keep it a boqol

La Ilaha Illallah
This is a thread I want to make to help fellow Somalis reach their fitness goals.

To kick things off, did YOU workout today
2EF43CAF-0069-46DB-A1C0-C61539AEF898.gif

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
When i bench, is it more beneficial for me to do a higher weight at 8 reps, or a lower weight at 12 reps for each set

When i bench, is it more beneficial for me to do a higher weight at 8 reps, or a lower weight at 12 reps for each set
Bench Press is a compound movement which means you use multiple muscles and joints to perform the lift. It is better to go heavy for your compound movements since that is how you build your overall strength it is best to do 5 sets of 5 reps for bench.

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي
Bench Press is a compound movement which means you use multiple muscles and joints to perform the lift. It is better to go heavy for your compound movements since that is how you build your overall strength it is best to do 5 sets of 5 reps for bench.
I've been using 10x3 for my lifts, shoukd I switch?

Keep it a boqol

La Ilaha Illallah
If your able to do the 12 reps with no issue it’s time to move up a weight.

What I do is I keep working out with the same bench weight and once 12-15 reps are easier for me, I load up. This is called progressive overload.

You are able to tell if your growing/losing muscle depending if it’s easier or harder to do. At that point either keep working out with a decent resistance weight or look at your diet.

Are you eating enough calories /protein? Am I actually resistance training for my muscles to grow? These are things to consider if your lifts are stagnant or declining.

seldiboy

so what are your goals? trying to cut weight and get stronger?

If your goal is to bench more, I strongly recommend this program by Omar Isuf

Ideally I'm trying to cut and just retain as much of the muscle I have already. My face holds a lot of weight so I look obese at anything above 75kg

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Ideally I'm trying to cut and just retain as much of the muscle I have already. My face holds a lot of weight so I look obese at anything above 75kg
then cut to 165lbs(75kg) and make sure you're lifting heavy. I prefer full body 3x a week.

You should get on a caloric deficit and hit your macros.

Do you know how to count calories?

seldiboy

then cut to 165lbs(75kg) and make sure you're lifting heavy. I prefer full body 3x a week.

You should get on a caloric deficit and hit your macros.

Do you know how to count calories?
Yeah I'm currently in a deficit. I started off at 110kg. I found that using insoluble fibre to fill up in the morning (psyllium husk powder) helps to stave off my appetite during cutting

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Yeah I'm currently in a deficit. I started off at 110kg. I found that using insoluble fibre to fill up in the morning (psyllium husk powder) helps to stave off my appetite during cutting
oh alright, then you're good to go. Focus on finishing your cut and lift as heavy as you can.

Once you start your lean bulk, you can focus on getting your bench numbers up.

You can technically get stronger even during a cut, but it'll be harder to do

Good luck

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
What workouts do you guys suggest to grow your wrists ? I tried the roll up dumbell with light weights but it don't work

Trending