Did the romans ever try to conquer geeljires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just occurred to me why didn't the mighty roman empire try to march south of africa? They probably heard legends of the mighty geeljires who lived in the south. Who would devour them and all their legion if their white asses ever tried marching south. I mean even scipio africanus called himself "Africanus" when he had only defeated carthage in the north, thinking he had conquered africa. I would have love to see the mighty romans try and march south into geeljire land like the persian king tried to.

shutterstock-203589544-1.jpg

tumal

hyde
Somalis only became "mighty" and "brave" after Islam before that we was meaningless waaq worshipping nomads
and what's wrong with being Pagan? Islam didn't do much for Somalia stop projecting I'm sure Somalis weren't naked and living in huts when Islam came to Somalia. The Kingdom of Punt easily disproves the theory of saying Islam made Somalis """great""" All Islam did was take away traditions and customs from Somalis

and what's wrong with being Pagan? Islam didn't do much for Somalia stop projecting I'm sure Somalis weren't naked and living in huts when Islam came to Somalia. The Kingdom of Punt easily disproves the theory of saying Islam made Somalis """great""" All Islam did was take away traditions and customs from Somalis
All great achievements of Somalia came after Islam kingdom of punt was not even in Somalia it was mostly in eretria

Somalis only became "mighty" and "brave" after Islam before that we was meaningless waaq worshipping nomads
Perhaps but if that was the case why couldn't anyone conquer us like Egypt, which was taken multiple times by everyone? hell even the bantus were enslaved in africa but no one ever enslaved somalis.

:kanyeshrug:

Correction!!! all islam does is take away individuality from ppl so that they may sympathise with the poor and Madows of the world, who otherwise naturally would have been the lowest in the world. Religion was designed by god to tame the mighty so that they wouldn't kill the weakest.

Somalia was part of the Roman Empire if you count modern Italy as Roman.
Even in modern times sxib, geeljires gave them a hell of a fight. They barely had time to put us in chains and take us to america like some ppl. All jokes aside i've never heard any account of somalis being taken away en masse in chains after a defeat. I believe our forefathers could have been conquerors had they not chosen the nomadic lifestyle.

:mjlol::cosbyhmm::hmm:

Romans and somalis had contact . Way Before italian colonists also. They use to trade with the many Somali coastal trading hubs. The Roman's dominated the Mediterranean and traveled far beyond it

I assume the Roman's came because a lot of old Roman coins have been found across coastal areas of the Somali horn. It could also be that the somalis sailed to them in the middle East and brought the coins back. At the end of the day it doesn't matter who went where, the only thing that matters is that Somali merchants had a very profitable business and they did trade with the Roman's

Mali Mo

I still dont give a f*ck
Supposedly back then we were known as Berbers, even the city in Somaliland bears the name Berbera, and we do know they conquered our Northern Berber cousins in Egypt.
1280px-Periplous_of_the_Erythraean_Sea.svg.png

Why would the mighty Roman Empire try to conquere a place like Somalia? Not even the Ajuran attempted to do such a thing
Why did they conquer north africa or anywhere really? some roman emperors conquered just to make their mark on the world and only cease attempting to take over difficult land. They either struggled with the terrain or the land.

It just occurred to me why didn't the mighty roman empire try to march south of africa? They probably heard legends of the mighty geeljires who lived in the south. Who would devour them and all their legion if their white asses ever tried marching south. I mean even scipio africanus called himself "Africanus" when he had only defeated carthage in the north, thinking he had conquered africa. I would have love to see the mighty romans try and march south into geeljire land like the persian king tried to.

shutterstock-203589544-1.jpg

When you conquer an area its usually for material wealth, i don't see what pastoral nomads could of provided...its strange that even till this day a large part of the country is nomadic while you have countries like the Netherlands exporting food grown in greenhouses, we import sesame and chicken feed from the the Netherlands.:gucciwhat:

NotAjnabi

Somalilander
When you conquer an area its usually for material wealth, i don't see what pastoral nomads could of provided...its strange that even till this day a large part of the country is nomadic while you have countries like the Netherlands exporting food grown in greenhouses, we import sesame and chicken feed from the the Netherlands.:gucciwhat:
If you knew, then you'd know that they used to think the source of spices was in somalia due the secrets kept by somali traders.

The Romans were too scared after they lost to the powerful Nubian Queens.
Black women beat the socks off the Romans and they were forced to stay in the North with the batty Egyptians.

Little secret is that the horn is filled with gold if the romans are bothered to dig it out. Plus why did they conquer armenia? they sometimes conquered just to show how powerful they were. Take alexander the great why did he want the shithole that is india? because he wanted to do what no man did before and conquer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts