Did Cushitics migrate down via Nile or Red Sea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find anything talking about removing the cousins. And you haven't shown either the autosomal study or how this chart doesn't relate to the issue.

Mota Man is the standard for pre-Cushitic Ethiopian genetics. What this shows is the African component in Somalis, which it shows as Nilo-Saharan and Ethiopic and which is far older than Mota. Compare Somalis to the Wolayta and the two Aris. If this isn't the African component in Somalis, then what is?

Apollo

VIP
I don't find anything talking about removing the cousins. And you haven't shown either the autosomal study or how this chart doesn't relate to the issue.

Mota Man is the standard for pre-Cushitic Ethiopian genetics. What this shows is the African component in Somalis, which it shows as Nilo-Saharan and Ethiopic and which is far older than Mota. Compare Somalis to the Wolayta and the two Aris. If this isn't the African component in Somalis, then what is?

Clusters become unstable and fake when first cousins are included.

Somalis carry 0% Omotic if you download that database, remove the first cousins, and run the same test.

Also, formal D-statistics yield 0% Omotic affinity.

E-M329 is never found in Somalis, but all the time in Amharas and Oromos. Hence, why this result is more accurate:

1YzKdqC.png

I already told you, it isn't present when one does a proper test with those first cousins removed. Also, in the Sudanese autosomal study it isn't present:

http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1006976

Some people have compared Mota man to Somalis and found them to be completely unrelated.

True Omotic levels:

1YzKdqC.png

OP:

"These analyses suggested that there might be distinct, differentiated African and non-African ancestries in the HOA. After partitioning the SNP data into African and non-African origin chromosome segments, we found support for a distinct African (Ethiopic) ancestry and a distinct non-African (Ethio-Somali) ancestry in HOA populations. The African Ethiopic ancestry is tightly restricted to HOA populations and likely represents an autochthonous HOA population. "

The one study did find "Ari-like" features in "sedentary" south Somalis.

So.... What is the African component in Somalis if it is not Ethiopic or Nilo-Saharan?

Apollo

VIP
It is from Sudan, nothing from Ethiopia.

The Omotic population never lived in Somalia. Those Negroid looking individuals in Somalia are mere Bantus. Studies already confirmed Niger-Congo outliers in Somalia. Nothing else has been found.

You bore me. I'm out.

It is from Sudan, nothing from Ethiopia.

The Omotic population never lived in Somalia. Those Negroid looking individuals in Somalia are mere Bantus. Studies already confirmed Niger-Congo outliers in Somalia. Nothing else has been found.

You bore me. I'm out.

You still haven/t identified the African in Somalis. :gaasdrink:

The genome isn't all Asiatic, but you knew that.....

It is from Sudan, are you illiterate?

Somalis have no ancestry from Mota man type of people.

2D36930C00000578-3265390-image-a-30_1444342969679.jpg

No, I am not illiterate. As I said above, Nilo-Saharan and Ethiopic long precede Mota. I agree the African component is from the Sudan. So what is it? I am not talking here now about the folks you say are "Bantu". Just regular V-32.

Enlarge this in the OP to read. Somalis are at the bottom right. Pale blue is Nilo-Saharan and purple is Ethiopic.

Last edited:

samaalewarrior

Cushitic general
No, I am not illiterate. As I said above, Nilo-Saharan and Ethiopic long precede Mota. I agree the African component is from the Sudan. So what is it? I am not talking here now about the folks you say are "Bantu". Just regular V-32.

Enlarge this in the OP to read. Somalis are at the bottom right. Pale blue is Nilo-Saharan and purple is Ethiopic.

Here’s a clearer photo of it
0mVL73u.png

pre-Islam ancient middle east was Cushitic, we see it today in the ancient architects built it Yemen and Arabia. the Ishmaelites are Semitic and Hamitic. Abraham's wife couldn't conceive a child so Abraham had kids with Egyptian women(Hagar). In ancient yemen, women would rule, cuz it was a Cushitic kingdom, it was a Cushitic culture to let women rule(an example is the many queens in Ethiopia), the concept of letting women rule goes back to the SEMBRITES of ancient Ethiopia. In Egypt, there was the ROYAL SON and in Ethiopia it was female. Son of Kish(kush) was the nimrod. the ancient Babylonians spoke of Ethiopia many times in their writings, that anthropologists believe that they could actually be from there. Ancient south Yemen was SEBA(lion). They worshipped the 3 headed lion god. The 3 headed lion worship started in meroe, the people of meroe are said to be also the Sabaeans. Lions are still used as symbolic in Ethiopia today.
The Ancient Egyptian spoke a whole different language called Egyptian, which has maybe 5% relation to Somali but that is pretty bias. Although they hold e1b1b majority from northern morocco to Tanzania have this group.

The Nubians although worshipped Apedemak, lion headed god of war, not be embarrassed the Nubians were not Cushitic they were related to the south Sudanese. Look at the painting during the time Ahmose, these people are pitch black.

575BA816-89EE-4BFA-9339-AA60E944F515-1730-0000027C8C12A414.jpeg

The description of the Nubians are clear
9BD1A622-6CD3-4F6B-9F7E-DBFAD17440BD-1730-0000027D1BD2FA0B.jpeg

They show Nilotic features, why the ancient Egyptian look similar to us and most Afro Asaitics apart from Ethiopians is we came from same origin. The languages of Cushitic and Egyptian are pretty distant, excluding some words like Aar, biyo, Ush, guunti, and more.

Coptic Egyptian is 50% Greek and mostly demotic vocabulary and Arabic.

pre-Islam ancient middle east was Cushitic, we see it today in the ancient architects built it Yemen and Arabia. the Ishmaelites are Semitic and Hamitic. Abraham's wife couldn't conceive a child so Abraham had kids with Egyptian women(Hagar). In ancient yemen, women would rule, cuz it was a Cushitic kingdom, it was a Cushitic culture to let women rule(an example is the many queens in Ethiopia), the concept of letting women rule goes back to the SEMBRITES of ancient Ethiopia. In Egypt, there was the ROYAL SON and in Ethiopia it was female. Son of Kish(kush) was the nimrod. the ancient Babylonians spoke of Ethiopia many times in their writings, that anthropologists believe that they could actually be from there. Ancient south Yemen was SEBA(lion). They worshipped the 3 headed lion god. The 3 headed lion worship started in meroe, the people of meroe are said to be also the Sabaeans. Lions are still used as symbolic in Ethiopia today.
Wow, I knew about some of this but you know a lot. Do you think the Queen of Sheba was Cushitic or Semetic?
Nimrod was also the founder of Babylon and Mesopotamia as a whole, right? So one could say that ancient Cushites are the founders of civilization!

Wow, I knew about some of this but you know a lot. Do you think the Queen of Sheba was Cushitic or Semetic?
Nimrod was also the founder of Babylon and Mesopotamia as a whole, right? So one could say that ancient Cushites are the founders of civilization!

yes she was cush.

Sheba was sometimes called Saba, meaning "Host of Heaven," and "peace," and is thought to be what is now the country of Yemen in the South West corner of Arabia where the Red Sea meets the Indian Ocean. The people who lived in Sheba were called Sabaeans. The Sabaeans have been described as a tall and commanding people, both woolly-haired and straight-haired. Semitic origin story says, they are believed to have been descendants of the land of Cush in the Bible. The Sabaean people inhabited most of NW and SW Arabia, some 483,000 square miles of mountains, valley and deserts. Some historians claim that Ethiopia, on the western end of the Red Sea, was also part of Sheba’s territory. The Sebaeans conquered all of the other South Arabian countries at the start of the Christian era.

Last edited:

Kushites didn't start civilizations, civilizations started in ancient Lemuria(sunken continent)

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
If we're looking at the truth here, then the first humans of Cushite origin were probably around the southern Great Lakes region moving further along the Nile as territory for civilizing expands.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen

Cushitic. Yes, that is correct.

There is a lot of discussion over Sheba. One line of descent is Cushitic, and the other Semitic. "Muslim scholars, including Ibn Kathir, related that the people of Sheba were Arabs from South Arabia.[21" ] The Cushitic claim is Ethiopian, although the Ethiopians do distinguish between Cushites and the descendants of Joktan. Here is the Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheba

In the Quran, Sheba is mentioned in surat an-Naml in a section that speaks of the visit of the Queen of Sheba to Solomon.[14] The Quran mentions this ancient community along with other communities that were destroyed by God.[15]

Bilqis reclining in a garden, Persian miniature (ca. 1595), tinted drawing on paper

Illustration in a Hafez Frontispiece Depicting Queen Sheba, Walters manuscript W.631, around 1539
In the Quran, the story essentially follows the Bible and other Jewish sources.[16] Solomon commanded the Queen of Sheba to come to him as a subject, whereupon she appeared before him (an-Naml, 30–31, 45). Before the queen had arrived, Solomon had moved her throne to his place with the help of a jinn. She recognized the throne, which had been disguised, and finally accepted the faith of Solomon.

Muslim commentators such as al-Tabari, al-Zamakhshari, al-Baydawi supplement the story at various points. The Queen's name is given as Bilqis, probably derived from Greek παλλακίς or the Hebraised pilegesh, "concubine".[17]According to some he then married the Queen, while other traditions assert that he gave her in marriage to a tubba of Hamdan.[18] According to the Islamic tradition as represented by al-Hamdani, the queen of Sheba was the daughter of Ilsharah Yahdib, the Himyarite king of Najran.[19]

Although the Quran and its commentators have preserved the earliest literary reflection of the complete Bilqis legend, there is little doubt among scholars that the narrative is derived from a Jewish Midrash.[18]

Bible stories of the Queen of Sheba and the ships of Ophir served as a basis for legends about the Israelites traveling in the Queen of Sheba's entourage when she returned to her country to bring up her child by Solomon.[20] There is a Muslim tradition that the first Jews arrived in Yemen at the time of King Solomon, following the politico-economic alliance between him and the Queen of Sheba. However, that tradition is suspected to be an apologetic fabrication of Jews in Yemen later transferred to Islam, just like many other traditions.[16]

Muslim scholars, including Ibn Kathir, related that the people of Sheba were Arabs from South Arabia.[21]

Ethiopian and Yemenite tradition[edit]
Main article: Orthodox Tewahedo
In Ethiopian tradition, the Sheba (Saba in Ethiopic) who was Joktan's son is considered their primary ancestor, while Sabtah and Sabtechah, sons of Cush, are considered the ancestors of the Cushites.

Traditional Yemenite genealogies also mention Saba, son of Qahtan; however, they claim Sabaean descent not from him, but from yet another Saba not mentioned in scripture who was said to be a grandson of Ya'rub and a great-grandson of Qahtan.

In the medieval Ethiopian Kebra Nagast, Sheba was located in Ethiopia.[22] Some scholars therefore point to a region in the northern Tigray Region and Eritrea, which was once called Saba (later called Meroë), as a possible link with the biblical Sheba.[23] Donald N. Levine links Sheba with Shewa (the province where modern Addis Ababa is located) in Ethiopia.[24]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending