Did anyone else got chained up in dugsi?

I was never beaten because I always came prepared. Memorization only took like 30 minutes the night before. Children can easily memorize and have no excuse to not be prepared.

I have seen many kids get bruises and bleed. One time, the macalin gave this troublemaker the Shawn Michael's Sweet Chin Music Kick to the face. He got knocked out and was on the cold basement floor motionless. The macalin just left him there and carried on with his instruction. He woke up like 10 minutes later and ran home.
sometimes i think these people are sadistic, they their wwe techniques on kids

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Somalis especially males are not meant to be teachers, too extreme/violent, lack patience and empathy. 0 common sense, You're supposed to magically get everything right away otherwise you're getting abused. So backwards but they don't know any other way, that's how they were "taught" and think it's the right way + who's gonna stop them? They're treated like saviours.

I would never take my kids to one.
Somalis put anyone whose a macalin or Sheekh on a pedestal and don't question their actions and will defend them wether they get accused for sexually molesting they're students or beating them

Just cause someone has alot of knowledge about the deen and Islam doesn't make them a good person half of these sheekhs they be grooming their female students and next thing you know when shes 18 you see the same dugsi macalin marry her

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Please don't remind me of my Dugsi abuse days and all the trauma I inherited from those filthy narcissistic sheikhs, Luckily me and my friends burned the punishment chamber to the ground and I honestly don't even regret it lol.
:drakelaugh:

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
nah i just hit by ruler for not paying attention to class. i do feel sorry for people who legit got abused.

also nearly half of the people in that subreddit aren't exmuslims.

Subhanallah some sad stories in this thread. My most traumatic experience was hearing a Nigerian sheikh pronouncing SAW name as Mohammadu.

My dugsi macaliin hit one time, my dad found out about it and basically threatened him in the car park. Absolutely cucked him infront of the habaryars. Love my aabo so much wallhahi :pachah1:

teacher use to leave the student there while he and the other student go eat and take nap.

you can't tell me kids won't go kids being Hunger in empty big room for 4 hours.
I am sorry your went through what you went through and I hope you have someone to talk to about your unjust treatment and understand it was wrong and mean. Reaching out to a therapist can be very helpful too.

Our people can be emotionally immature and backwards thinking. They do not understand the impact the adults have on a child’s education, development, and overall well being. Children can be treated worse then animals at times.

As a kid I used to run away from dugsi because it was too rough for me. Watching kids get whooped at Somali dugsi and occasionally getting swiped with sticks kids picked out didn’t sit well with me. I haven’t witnessed chains but I do remember a aunt tying her children’s legs to the couch.

Some of my siblings would run around my moms car when we needed to go to Dugsi. I went to a Cham or Indonesian dugsi for a bit and I loved it. They showed me the compassion and mercy of Islam and I liked how this Islam felt, although it was the same thing being taught, it felt like night and day.

I briefly took my kids to Somali dugsi in the states and they complained. I took them to a more diverse locations and they enjoyed it much more. Are there great Somalis macaliins; yes, I had several whom were kind and just may Allah have mercy on their souls and grant them janatul Fardose.

Psychologist

Changemaker
I am sorry your went through what you went through and I hope you have someone to talk to about your unjust treatment and understand it was wrong and mean. Reaching out to a therapist can be very helpful too.

Our people can be emotionally immature and backwards thinking. They do not understand the impact the adults have on a child’s education, development, and overall well being. Children can be treated worse then animals at times.

As a kid I used to run away from dugsi because it was too rough for me. Watching kids get whooped at Somali dugsi and occasionally getting swiped with sticks kids picked out didn’t sit well with me. I haven’t witnessed chains but I do remember a aunt tying her children’s legs to the couch.

Some of my siblings would run around my moms car when we needed to go to Dugsi. I went to a Cham or Indonesian dugsi for a bit and I loved it. They showed me the compassion and mercy of Islam and I liked how this Islam felt, although it was the same thing being taught, it felt like night and day.

I briefly took my kids to Somali dugsi in the states and they complained. I took them to a more diverse locations and they enjoyed it much more. Are there great Somalis macaliins; yes, I had several whom were kind and just may Allah have mercy on their souls and grant them janatul Fardose.
Same here, the one in America was the best one i went to. it made me understand that kids weren't the problem but teachers were.

we need more people like you who listen to their kids instead of shutting them down. Glad they found a safe place. I had a good Somali teacher too. he only came to dugsi as sub tho, so we rarely see him. Everyone in the dugsi loved him, he use not beat kids but help them understand what they are learning

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Lucky you, its very common in back home and other places somalis live in too. i use to have nightmares when i was 6-7 because of shit like this. the fucked thing is parents encourages shit like this.

Teachers are mostly lonely so they take their angry on the kids, after he got married he chilled out a little I heard. he even has a kid now 2 or 1 idk.
I and almost every other kid would get beat lmao. But it was never enough to give you nightmares, you get used to it.

But it’s too jokes 😂

luckily my macalins were all chill and weren’t miserable and would only beat you if you were misbehaving. Even if you missed your cashr they might give you a chance, but no second chances for sure.

but wtf this kid looks 6 at best and he’s chained to a bench? That’s beyond barbaric. Just look at his face he seems completely out of it, god knows what they did to him.

At my dugsi younger kids wouldn’t even be hit hard and there was a lot of leniency too. Sad what goes on in many places.

Psychologist

Changemaker
I and almost every other kid would get beat lmao. But it was never enough to give you nightmares, you get used to it.

But it’s too jokes 😂

luckily my macalins were all chill and weren’t miserable and would only beat you if you were misbehaving. Even if you missed your cashr they might give you a chance, but no second chances for sure.

but wtf this kid looks 6 at best and he’s chained to a bench? That’s beyond barbaric. Just look at his face he seems completely out of it, god knows what they did to him.

At my dugsi younger kids wouldn’t even be hit hard and there was a lot of leniency too. Sad what goes on in many places.
it has been a while but i'm sure ours was if you didn't pass the Cashr you had to stay while everyone else went home and took a nap.

We started going to dugsi at 4 or 5 i think or even younger.

Nigga was miserable, I remember he use to abuse this guy who he was something to (uncle or season cousin i think but they were relate somewhere) the kid actually didn't come to the place with a parent but aunt or uncle so they rarely care about kid (and they allowed it since they know each other and are relate) . it was like he had a personal thing for that kid the way he use to beat him. it felt like we were watching a slave and master.

the teacher abuses kids with a wire or a stick that was cut a day ago while its cold in the morning. I don't know what was going through parents head while letting all that shit happen.

Hope that kid is doing well cause that abuse he went through will prolly haunt him forever.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
What part of diaspora do you guys live btw. hitting a child can seriously get dugsi teachers in trouble with the feds in western countries. Somalis are usually very afraid of the Police or putting their western sharci in jeopardy.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I was excellent in Dugsi and never had any problems, I was the genius kid who learned many surahs. I still keep in contact with my macalin today he gave me great memories sucks for you guys to have an abusive one

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
I was never beaten because I always came prepared. Memorization only took like 30 minutes the night before. Children can easily memorize and have no excuse to not be prepared.

I have seen many kids get bruises and bleed. One time, the macalin gave this troublemaker the Shawn Michael's Sweet Chin Music Kick to the face. He got knocked out and was on the cold basement floor motionless. The macalin just left him there and carried on with his instruction. He woke up like 10 minutes later and ran home.
:deadrose:

Not really no.
Our dugsi used to be categorized in two classes, morning and afternoon. Morning dugsi was where the en masse would go, the teachers couldn't teach and students were either ghetto and or dumb so nobody knew shit.
The afternoon classes were slightly more costly, it was where the educated (ie sheikh's, board directors) would put their children. I knew kids who learned almost half of the Quran within a year being in those classes.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
No I never got chained up in dugsi, maybe it's cause I went to dugsi in America and not in Somalia.

I've heard many horror stories about dugsis in Somalia