Did Adam and Eve share a common ancestor with apes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axmed Xaji

Your non-biological father
Op do you know that all humans come from single woman called mitochondrial Eve if evolution was true why do we all come from single woman and man
Mitochondrial eve is a maternal ancestor of all humans that lived 200,000 years ago in Africa. This says nothing about a paternal ancestor and is perfectly in line with evolution.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
No. This question is why I left Islam.
You left Islam for a theory that is not substantiated by the one thing that makes it substantiable and that is the paleontogical record.
:mjlol:
I hope you know the intermediate species fossil record is close to non existent the Wikipedia page for it is sparse and many of the 'intermediate' fossils are questionable. Good luck answering important questions such as: "What is the meaning of life?", "Is the meaning for my life worth living for?", "Why do we fight for good causes if Earth and all its inhabitants will be destroyed by cosmic particles in about 100k years?", "Why are there moral absolutes across cultures regarldess of religion?".

I pray the best for you. I know modern science goes against religion but that is because people decided to bring politics where it should not be. A creationist geologist should not be persecuted simply because they are a geologist.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
please watch whole thing.
If Adam and Eve are not part of evolution, how do you explain the evolution of everything else?
I do know the story of Adam and Eve. There's too much evidence for evolution and if you can't fit them into what we know about evolution, it falls apart.
That's exactly what religious people are saying. You either accept the whole truth or none of it. Adam and Eve just weren't a part of the equation if evolution were true because it would mean that there were 5000 Eves and 5000 Adams since the source population for humans was 10,000.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
You'd be surprised about the simplicity and compatibility of science and the Quran. If you think the Quran denies evolution, think again. I am not qualified to give you an authoritative answer but do check with your nearest Islamic learning center.
If you believe in Islam and evolution simultaneously please tell me: What was the source population of humans? Two as God has mentioned in the Quran or 10,000 as the evolutionary accounts mention?

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
If you believe in Islam and evolution simultaneously please tell me: What was the source population of humans? Two as God has mentioned in the Quran or 10,000 as the evolutionary accounts mention?

I shall get you few links later when I have access to my laptop, meanwhile, as I explained before, explore the option of talking to uleema oo diin at your nearest mosque.

One thing you should be aware of is the different schools of thought. I believe in dialogue between the three monotheistic religions. I profess not to be an expert on this subject and do not want to give you a misleading answer. Seek the knowledge from the source -the mosque.

No. This question is why I left Islam.
Most Ethiopian anthropologists who study the remains of hominids and such still believe in God. They believe that evolution was created by Him just as you and me were as well. Do you really believe that somehow the dust from the universe just swirled around until we eventually came to being?

Axmed Xaji

Some Muslims claim that god was referring to the 10,000 and that he picked two out of them. It's comical but it's out there.

Axmed Xaji

f*ck me.
upload_2017-6-23_23-19-15.png

Axmed Xaji

Most Ethiopian anthropologists who study the remains of hominids and such still believe in God. They believe that evolution was created by Him just as you and me were as well. Do you really believe that somehow the dust from the universe just swirled around until we eventually came to being?
The fossils they find point to a different version of human ancestry than we're led to believe by Islam. Islam says that Adam and Eve were the first HUMANS, that there were TWO of them CREATED (meaning they didn't evolve from other things and were born). The evidence for evolution doesn't point to the creation of two human beings but millions of years of evolution.

The people studying the fossils do believe in god. They don't know any better. They are suffering from cognitive dissonance and have never asked themselves the question: "if god created the first humans, why do we keep finding evidence that this isn't true?"

And before you tell me "god creates through evolution", he explicitly says he created two people out of clay and would be appalled by the idea that Adam and Eve had something to do with monkeys or whales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending