Devil's Trill Sonata

i'n sure many of you heard this story before.

Tartini allegedly told the French astronomer Jérôme Lalande that he had dreamed that the devil had appeared to him and had asked to be Tartini's servant and teacher. At the end of the music lesson, Tartini handed the devil his violin to test his skill, which the devil began to play with virtuosity, delivering an intense and magnificent performance. So singularly beautiful and executed with such superior taste and precision was the Devil's performance, that the composer felt his breath taken away.

Mesmerized by the devil's brilliant and awe-inspiring playing, Tartini attempted to recreate what he had heard. However, despite having said that the sonata was his favorite, Tartini later wrote that it was "so inferior to what I had heard, that if I could have subsisted on other means, I would have broken my violin and abandoned music forever."[5] While he claimed he composed the sonata in 1713, scholars think it was likely composed as late as the 1740s, due to its stylistic maturity. It was not published until 1798 or 1799, almost thirty years after the composer's death

290px-Le_Songe_de_Tartini_par_Louis-L%C3%A9opold_Boilly_1824_%28color%29.jpg

0:04 -Larghetto affettuoso
4:03 - Allegro mederato
7:17 - Andante
8:36 -Allegro ... assai (devil's trill)

i just stumbled upon it after a long time, and it really is something else entirely :banderas:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
i'n sure many of you heard this story before.

Tartini allegedly told the French astronomer Jérôme Lalande that he had dreamed that the devil had appeared to him and had asked to be Tartini's servant and teacher. At the end of the music lesson, Tartini handed the devil his violin to test his skill, which the devil began to play with virtuosity, delivering an intense and magnificent performance. So singularly beautiful and executed with such superior taste and precision was the Devil's performance, that the composer felt his breath taken away.

Mesmerized by the devil's brilliant and awe-inspiring playing, Tartini attempted to recreate what he had heard. However, despite having said that the sonata was his favorite, Tartini later wrote that it was "so inferior to what I had heard, that if I could have subsisted on other means, I would have broken my violin and abandoned music forever."[5] While he claimed he composed the sonata in 1713, scholars think it was likely composed as late as the 1740s, due to its stylistic maturity. It was not published until 1798 or 1799, almost thirty years after the composer's death

290px-Le_Songe_de_Tartini_par_Louis-L%C3%A9opold_Boilly_1824_%28color%29.jpg

0:04 -Larghetto affettuoso
4:03 - Allegro mederato
7:17 - Andante
8:36 -Allegro ... assai (devil's trill)

i just stumbled upon it after a long time, and it really is something else entirely :banderas:
very strange tune. I ran into sometime ago and felt very weird listening to it and stopped

Trending

Latest posts