Deqa Dhalac becomes the first Somali Mayor of an American city

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I can feel it, the racist comments coming!

It’s amazing the turn of events.
It was in Lewiston that their mayor publicly published a letter in their newspaper saying “we can’t take anymore Somalis. Please stop coming here”. This was 18 years ago.
Today, the bigger city of Portland has a Somali mayor. Indeed, incredible.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
No comment. I am trying to be Good today. :)

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
25,000 people. That's a tuulo. But impressed either way. Somalis are a weirdly visible community for such a small population compared to other minorities in places like the US.

25,000 people. That's a tuulo. But impressed either way. Somalis are a weirdly visible community for such a small population compared to other minorities in places like the US.
our population is only projected up to 150,000 in the entire United States. A country of 329 million people.

We really do have some accomplishments of having a Somali mayor, congresswoman, and several local politicians in Minnesota/Ohio. I think we have a natural talent for politics.

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
our population is only projected up to 150,000 in the entire United States. A country of 329 million people.

We really do have some accomplishments of having a Somali mayor, congresswoman, and several local politicians in Minnesota/Ohio. I think we have a natural talent for politics.

I think there is some truth to the fact that we are a nation of extroverts. A lot of Somalis generally ooze loudness, opinionated-ness and charisma, and merchantry is engrained in the culture hence all the business people. The only place this backfires on us is that the xoolo of our society are about as loud as the exemplars so you get a lot of stories like those girls recently alongside this commendable eedo.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I think there is some truth to the fact that we are a nation of extroverts. A lot of Somalis generally ooze loudness, opinionated-ness and charisma, and merchantry is engrained in the culture hence all the business people. The only place this backfires on us is that the xoolo of our society are about as loud as the exemplars so you get a lot of stories like those girls recently alongside this commendable eedo.

Somali introverts are a rarity. A special breed called Suufis

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Maine is one of the prettiest US states by far:

Augusta-Maine.jpg

maine-in-pictures-beautiful-places-to-photograph-grafton-notch-state-park.jpg

most-beautiful-places-in-maine-moose.jpg

The-most-beautiful-places-to-visit-in-Maine.jpg

acadia-national-park-camping-e1487169993589.jpg

shutterstock_238052104.jpg
15937-maine-fall-scenery.jpg

Nimankan cad know how to steal good land, wallahi.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You

Not really. 120,000 Somali nationals were living in the US some years ago according to a government website ( don't know if that figure has changed) and it doesn't include American-born somalis. The estimated Somali American population when you account the children of Somali immigrants born in the state can be anywhere between 220,000--280,000.

Trending

Latest posts