Define Reer Xamar

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Benadiri people (Somali: Reer Benaadir, Arabic: بناديري‎), also known as Reer Xamar(pronounced "Hamar") or "people of Xamar",[1]are a multiracial confederation of clans. Members largely inhabit the Banadir region in south-central Somalia.
Reer Xamar means anyone from Xamar or has spent a good portion of their lives living their. Plus has picked up on their culture.
Not benadirs exclusively. Most reer Xamar are Hawiye

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
Reer Xamar means anyone from Xamar or has spent a good portion of their lives living their. Plus has picked up on their culture.
Not benadirs exclusively. Most reer Xamar are Hawiye
both are right. in mogadishu reer xamar are reffered to as the cad cads. but in the west or in puntland or in somaliland reer xamar means someone from xxamar

To someone in the North, 'Reer Xamar' means someone who's family are from Xamar/Mogadishu. This is normal in the North, for example you'll hear Reer Borama/Hargeysa/Burco/Cerigaabo/Laascaanood/Boosaaso.

Imo, The only people who get angry about being called "Reer Xamar" by Northerners are the Somalis who are NOT cad cad but live in Xamar, as they think we're labelling them incorrectly.

To them(non cadcad Somalis), 'Reer Xamar' means those 'cad cad' /Benaadiiri clans who are mixed with other groups.

Gambar

VIP
To someone in the North, 'Reer Xamar' means someone who's family are from Xamar/Mogadishu. This is normal in the North, for example you'll hear Reer Borama/Hargeysa/Burco/Cerigaabo/Laascaanood/Boosaaso.

Imo, The only people who get angry about being called "Reer Xamar" by Northerners are the Somalis who are NOT cad cad but live in Xamar, as they think we're labelling them incorrectly.

To them(non cadcad Somalis), 'Reer Xamar' means those 'cad cad' /Benaadiiri clans who are mixed with other groups.
No, some reer Waqooyi refer to anyone not from somaliland as reer Xamar which obviously people get annoyed with.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I consider light skin people typically when referring to reer Xamar

I think they are light skin because they are descendants of Portoguese/Carab traders

No, some reer Waqooyi refer to anyone not from somaliland as reer Xamar which obviously people get annoyed with.

Reer waqooyi are so racist we often use reer xamar as synonymous for reer koonfur.

Anyway i have nothing against reer koonfur they are our muslim brothers and i admire that they as non-somalis assimilated very well into the somali culture which must have been difficult for them. Respect !

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
In the south people think of reer xamar as the benaadiri clans aka cad cads but northerners call anyone who is from the south ‘reer xamar’ .

Gambar

VIP
Reer waqooyi are so racist we often use reer xamar as synonymous for reer koonfur.

Anyway i have nothing against reer koonfur they are our muslim brothers and i admire that they as non-somalis assimilated very well into the somali culture which must have been difficult for them. Respect !
They are as Somali as anyone else. In Xamar they played an important role as judges, businessmen, and the educated class.
Reer Xamar = anyone south of border between SL and PL.

Except @Gambar whos got one foot on each side
Ceeb waryaa. I’m not a lander.

Waaba runtaa, laakiin I was tryna be PC.

:chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::mjlol::lolbron:

They're all speaking "Af Qaloocan" to me, maana fahmi kara.
:russ:
Same goes for y’all aboow.

They are as Somali as anyone else. In Xamar they played an important role as judges, businessmen, and the educated class.

You didn't get my point right. I didn't talked about cad cad, i said reer koonfur.

I made a joke about the somali tribes in the south (Hawiye, D&M and ect) and said that they are our muslim brothers and not somalis but assimilated well to our somali culture.

It was just a joke tough we are all somalis.

Where are you from by the way ?

Gambar

VIP
You didn't get my point right. I didn't talked about cad cad, i said reer koonfur.

I made a joke about the somali tribes in the south (Hawiye, D&M and ect) and said that they are our muslim brothers and not somalis but assimilated well to our somali culture.

It was just a joke tough we are all somalis.

Where are you from by the way ?
They are no more reer Xamar than you since it’s the capital, everyone lived there at one point. Certain neighbourhoods had certain clan demographics, but it was a mixed city until the civil war and people were kicked out or ran for their lives.

They are no more reer Xamar than you since it’s the capital, everyone lived there are one point. Certain neighbourhoods had certain clan demographics, but it was a mixed city until the civil war and people were kicked out or ran for their lives.

1) ma kasaayo waxaad sheegi, Sl wey go'dey abaayo noh ? caasimadeydi wa hargeysa
2) still where are you from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts