Defensive and Offensive Jihad

One of the greatest myths about Islam which unfortunately many modern Muslims believe is that there’s no such thing as offensive Jihad and all the battles the Sahabah رضي الله عنهم and early Muslims fought were “defensive” or “pre emptive”, this is of course not true when one examines the history in detail. Its also completely laughable when you hear this myth since the Muslims conquered land from Arabia to Spain and created a massive empire. To believe they did all that in self defence is just laughable and ludicrous. As Muslims, we shouldn’t be ashamed of our history, we should take pride in the fact that they did this all for the sake of Allah. We should be unapologetic in our religion. All forms of imperialism and colonialism is bad except for Islamic conquest and imperialism, since Islam is the truth and it had every right in the pre modern Era to conquer lands for Allah’s sake.

There’s 2 types of Jihads; Defensive Jihad and Offensive Jihad (Jihad al-Talab):

What is Defensive Jihad?
Defensive Jihad is very simple, when a disbelieving army comes and invades your home or country, you fight back in self defence and the details of defensive Jihad are found in the books of fiqh.

What is Offensive Jihad? Offensive jihad is when the Muslim caliph invites the kuffar to Islam and gives them 2 choices, they can accept Islam, if they refuse then they pay the Jizyah, if they refuse to accept Islam or pay the Jizyah, the caliph fights them. Offensive jihad can only take place when the Muslims are a superpower and there’s a legitimate caliphate and only the caliph can declare offensive Jihad. This is haram in our times since there’s no legitimate Caliphate and even if there was, it would be dangerous since there’s nuclear bombs and sophisticated weaponry that can destroy the whole world. You have to be insane to declare offensive warfare in our times, however, this was applicable in the past as imperial conquest was the norm. There was nothing wrong with the Ottomans or the Ummayads waging offensive Jihad as imperial conquest was the environment and the Muslims were powerful enough. Jihad Al-Talab according to Ahl al-Sunnah is in order to conquer new lands so that the people of those lands have a chance to become Muslim and save their Ākhirah.

I’ll post on here which explains this way better than me 👇

I know many of you don’t like Yasir Qadhi but I recommend you to watch this video here where he eloquently explains and contextualizes Islamic conquests:

Daniel Haqiqatjou has a brief video explaining it:

Sheikh Al Sharawi explains offensive Jihad:

Assim Al Hakeem: "Jihad Al Talab cannot take place unless the state of the Muslims is strong and Muslims are Islamic oriented, Muslim are weak so forget this"

Last edited:
Damn for once we agree. I never understood this reimagining of Islamic history to fit the fairytale image of Islam the modern Muslim has conducted. Islam throughout history is/was a political tool used for conquest. It's funny because niggas will shit on western or "white" imperialism yet Islam through a historic lens is a form of Arab imperialism. Some would even consider jihad the 6th pillar of Islam.

All forms of imperialism and colonialism is bad except for Islamic conquest and imperialism, since Islam is the truth and it had every right in the pre modern Era to conquer lands for Allah’s sake.
Quick question do you not see the irony in this btw.

Quick question do you not see the irony in this btw.
I don’t see the irony?

Conquests were a normal part of the pre modern world and the Muslims had every right to expand their borders and wage offensive Jihad. We ask Allah to bless our noble predecessors for their Jihad and grant them with the highest level of paradise.

I don’t see the irony?

Conquests were a normal part of the pre modern world and the Muslims had every right to expand their borders and wage offensive Jihad. We ask Allah to bless our noble predecessors for their Jihad and grant them with the highest level of paradise.
I meant the irony that it is Arab imperialism as the way you are speaking is the same tone that right-wingers use when they talk about the glory days of the empire etc... Instead, just switch the western imperialism for Arab imperialism.

Hue_Man

(Alkebulan mother of mankind)
It’s why I’ve always said that following Islam to its core you will be labelled a terrorist or put in prison.

you can’t be a true Muslim in the west because you are not living under a caliph. We are all faking it ,nobody really knows what true Islam is but hey let’s preach about being kind to your neighbors and letting your daughters marry a good Muslim man regardless of his ethnicity because of “muh ummah”.

I meant the irony that it is Arab imperialism as the way you are speaking is the same tone that right-wingers use when they talk about the glory days of the empire etc... Instead, just switch the western imperialism for Arab imperialism.
The virtuous Sahabah رضي الله عنهم didn’t conquer lands for “Arab imperialism”, they conquered lands and waged offensive Jihad for the sake of Allah and to spread his religion (Islam).

I have a problem with Western imperialism since what they do is against Allah and they’re criminals. I have no problem with (pre modern) Islamic imperialism because Islam is the truth and all other ideologies and religions are false. They spread Islam to many parts of the world and if it weren’t for their conquests and efforts, many Muslims wouldn’t be Muslims today.

We should take pride in their efforts and be unapologetic about this.

The virtuous Sahabah رضي الله عنهم didn’t conquer lands for “Arab imperialism”, they conquered lands and waged offensive Jihad for the sake of Allah and to spread his religion (Islam).

I have a problem with Western imperialism since what they do is against Allah and they’re criminals. I have no problem with (pre modern) Islamic imperialism because Islam is the truth and all other ideologies and religions are false. They spread Islam to many parts of the world and if it weren’t for their conquests and efforts, many Muslims wouldn’t be Muslims today.

We should take pride in their efforts and be unapologetic about this.
You missed my point. I meant one could argue that the places before Islam came had their own cultures and religions etc... Which got replaced due to arab imperialism. The reconquista is an example of reversal of arabization. Could they not argue the same thing you have argued and say all other ideologies are false and Christianity is the truth. Just trying to show you the other side of the coin thats all.

You missed my point. I meant one could argue that the places before Islam came had their own cultures and religions etc... Which got replaced due to arab imperialism. The reconquista is an example of reversal of arabization. Could they not argue the same thing you have argued and say all other ideologies are false and Christianity is the truth. Just trying to show you the other side of the coin thats all.

Are you calling islam a arab religion? You do know persians and turks spread islam into europe, central asia and south asia while amazighi berbers spread islam into spain and west africa even west africans like the fulani and hausa spread islam to other african groups.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
It’s why I’ve always said that following Islam to its core you will be labelled a terrorist or put in prison.

you can’t be a true Muslim in the west because you are not living under a caliph. We are all faking it ,nobody really knows what true Islam is but hey let’s preach about being kind to your neighbors and letting your daughters marry a good Muslim man regardless of his ethnicity because of “muh ummah”.
Not being true muslims because there is not a caliph? Do you even know what Islam is ?

Wallahi the west are hyprocrites they want to make us "apologise" or call islam a "violent belief" for this but they brush under the carpet their history of colonial massacres against native populations.

The massacres are still going on both in psychological and physical formats, they are drone striking muslim countries on daily basis and are trying to promote a liberal version of islam which is restricted to saum and salah.

Anyone that talks about sharia or justice is an alleged radical who should be monitored according to them.

But this period of humiliation will end but we as individuals should expose them and their double standards rather than being slient since at least when we go to the akhirah we can say to Allah aza wajal we spoke up and didn't sit idle.

This is why i am a big fan of Daniel Haqiqatjou he brings a no nonsense unapologetic refutation of all the "isms" that these gaalo try to poison muslims with.

Last edited:

Muzaffer

𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝕲𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑
we are the true inheritors of this world.
سورة البقرة
إِنِّي جَاعِلٌ فِي الْأَرْضِ خَلِيفَةً ۖ​

Are you calling islam a arab religion? You do know persians and turks spread islam into europe, central asia and south asia while amazighi berbers spread islam into spain and west africa even west africans like the fulani and hausa spread islam to other african groups.
It can be seen as a form of arabization. You missed my point. When an empire takes over another empire, one of the aspects that gets replaced is the culture and traditions of before, either that or they get absorbed. All these places had their own religions and cultures e.g Zoroastrianism before it was replaced with another in this case Islam. Thats how empires work. To this day there are still amazinghs who have their own beliefs and language and even traditions e.g tribal tattoos etc.. that are rejected because it is not part of the religion. You are mistaking Islam for just a religion it is not as the OP mentioned that its a political tool that was used as history has shown to wage offensive empire building. One of the consequences of that is arabization of places that had their own cultures etc.. all of the places you mentioned had their own identity before Islam remember Islam is quite a new religion compared to others. Their history is not only 1400 years old.

Wallahi the west are hyprocrites they want to make us "apologise" or call islam a "violent belief" for this but they brush under the carpet their history of colonial massacres against native populations.

The massacres are still going on both in psychological and physical formats, they are drone striking muslim countries on daily basis and are trying to promote a liberal version of islam which is restricted to saum and salah.

Anyone that talks about sharia or justice is an alleged radical who should be monitored according to them.

But this period of humiliation will end but we as individuals should expose them and their double standards rather than being slient since at least when we go to the akhirah we can say to Allah aza wajal we spoke up and didn't sit idle.

This is why i am a big fan of Daniel Haqiqatjou he brings a no nonsense unapologetic refutation of all the "isms" that these gaalo try to poison muslims with.
You are also being a hypocrite as all the massacres and slavery issues you mention that western imperialism commited were also issues that the arab/islamic conquest done. Even for longer when its comes to slavery e.g only ending as recently as the 70s due to UN pressure. If you can clearly see one is wrong why is the other not? Divinity? Perhaps you should ask Saudi why they are in a proxy war with others and killing fellow Muslims in yemen?

It can be seen as a form of arabization. You missed my point. When an empire takes over another empire, one of the aspects that gets replaced is the culture and traditions of before, either that or they get absorbed. All these places had their own religions and cultures e.g Zoroastrianism before it was replaced with another in this case Islam. Thats how empires work. To this day there are still amazinghs who have their own beliefs and language and even traditions e.g tribal tattoos etc.. that are rejected because it is not part of the religion. You are mistaking Islam for just a religion it is not as the OP mentioned that its a political tool that was used as history has shown to wage offensive empire building. One of the consequences of that is arabization of places that had their own cultures etc.. all of the places you mentioned had their own identity before Islam remember Islam is quite a new religion compared to others. Their history is not only 1400 years old.
Its only arabization if the leaders are arab and actively promote arab culture like how south asian muslims were persianized under mughal rule even there words like prayer, fast and ramadhan are that of what persians say like namaz, rozah and ramazan.

Somalis kept there culture because arabs didn't rule you guys while amzighis kept there culture but kind of also assimilated towards the arab identity because both arabs and amazighi ruled that land while egypt got arabized because no native egyptian ruled that land same with sham while persians also were not controlled by arabs besides the abbasid and ummayd empires after that they have been ruled by there own.

Same with the turks they kept there culture as they were not controlled by arabs saying islam is arabizing religion is false and a disguting claim islam is for everyone.

You are also being a hypocrite as all the massacres and slavery issues you mention that western imperialism commited were also issues that the arab/islamic conquest done. Even for longer when its comes to slavery e.g only ending as recently as the 70s due to UN pressure. If you can clearly see one is wrong why is the other not? Divinity? Perhaps you should ask Saudi why they are in a proxy war with others and killing fellow Muslims in yemen?
Whose supplying the weapons and funds to saudi they sanction iran but won't for saudi arabia?

Its only arabization if the leaders are arab and actively promote arab culture like how south asian muslims were persianized under mughal rule even there words like prayer, fast and ramadhan are that of what persians say like namaz, rozah and ramazan.

Somalis kept there culture because arabs didn't rule you guys while amzighis kept there culture but kind of also assimilated towards the arab identity because both arabs and amazighi ruled that land while egypt got arabized because no native egyptian ruled that land same with sham while persians also were not controlled by arabs besides the abbasid and ummayd empires after that they have been ruled by there own.

Same with the turks they kept there culture as they were not controlled by arabs saying islam is arabizing religion is false and a disguting claim islam is for everyone.
I dont think you know how empires work. You have made a bunch of claims that dont follow islamic history whatsoever. You don't have to be insecure in replying to everything saying no they just took the religion and we're not ruled and only accepted the language and they were not ruled by arabs and ruled themselves etc.. islam is a political tool and not just a religion. There are laws, theological schools etc... Yes some practices like I mentioned are absorbed into the empire e.g persians who contributed heavily to the islamic golden age brought in Greek philosophy although it didn't last for long as they were seen as heretics. Even to this the amazinghs ancient language and traditions that existed before is frowned upon because some of those traditions goes against key Islamic doctrines. Basically what you are saying is oh they just accepted Islam and that was it. First understand how Islam works before being insecure. All I do is give you islamic historical conquest.

You're a troll so i am only going to respond once.

Another user already explained to you the difference between western imperialism and jihad.

One calls to tawheed the other calls to batil, injustice and shirk.

When islam was spread for jihad most of it gaalo paid jizyah or became muslim only the stubborn were fought and most people kept their traditions why do you think the muslim world is so diverse today and many cultures are still intact ?

lol saudi is a taghut pan arab nationalist state who are far away from islam the fact you associate islam with their acts show you no nothing

I dont think you know how empires work. You have made a bunch of claims that dont follow islamic history whatsoever. You don't have to be insecure in replying to everything saying no they just took the religion and we're not ruled and only accepted the language and they were not ruled by arabs and ruled themselves etc.. islam is a political tool and not just a religion. There are laws, theological schools etc... Yes some practices like I mentioned are absorbed into the empire e.g persians who contributed heavily to the islamic golden age brought in Greek philosophy although it didn't last for long as they were seen as heretics. Even to this the amazinghs ancient language and traditions that existed before is frowned upon because some of those traditions goes against key Islamic doctrines. Basically what you are saying is oh they just accepted Islam and that was it. First understand how Islam works before being insecure. All I do is give you islamic historical conquest.
This a forum I will reply to who I want you make dumb claims I will correct you and you ignored by previous comment using islam as a casus belli is fine and it justified but your point about how islam is arabizing is false you gave no actual refutations it was the persians who compiled the madhabs and hadith books and they were not all regarded as heretics either another false claim brush up on your islamic history.

The only thing amzighis do that go against islam is tattoos which was also prevalent among the arabs and bedouins in syria and iraq can you mention anymore?

Trending

Latest posts