Deaf person doing AMA - interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
where in the uk? how old is he? is he interested in meeting up? when is the ama?
His answer:

Somewhere in the UK (don't want to reveal my location). I'm in my twenties. Meeting up isn't really my thing but I may be able to point you in a direction if you're interested in meeting deaf Somalis.

Malcolm X

Does he have tinnitus?
How does he communicate with hearing people that don't know sign language,for example at the store, doctor etc?
His answer:

Pen & paper always works :)

For doctors or places where I need to communicate a lot, I book an interpreter. Alhamdulillah, UK has a law stating all business must provide an interpreter if it is needed.

Malcolm X

How is it being deaf in the Somali community?
His answer:

It is tough. I could write an essay on this topic but long story short is that there is lack of deaf awareness in Somali communities that make our lives particularly tough.

My biggest challenge is that there is no way for me to learn Somali culture. I cannot participate in family events because only my parents and siblings know the sign language. Every time I go to a wedding or any other event, I sit and look around for an hour. I then leave without learning anything.

Learning Somali is hard, I have a dictionary but it is not enough. Deaf Somalis back home usually cannot speak fluent Somali either.

His answer:

Somewhere in the UK (don't want to reveal my location). I'm in my twenties. Meeting up isn't really my thing but I may be able to point you in a direction if you're interested in meeting deaf Somalis.
tell him i dont want to meet random somalis wtf tell him im pregnant with his baby thank u

His answer:

Pen & paper always works :)

For doctors or places where I need to communicate a lot, I book an interpreter. Alhamdulillah, UK has a law stating all business must provide an interpreter if it is needed.
Did he say anything about the tinnitus part?

I hope you do find someone insha'Allah, and I'm sorry about the struggles and discrimination you go through :it0tdo8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts