Deaf person doing AMA - interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuldaanGuled

Rag waa shaah dumarna waa sheeko.
AMA is scheduled for next weekend or Monday after next weekend.

I don't speak Somali :meleshame:

No worries lift thou head up as thou have noble samaale blood running thy veins.

Tell him his welcome and that he should give the suldaan his due rights

Stand strong :salute:

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
Post your questions right now, my mate will come along and answer them in the evening (6-8 hours from this post)

I just gotta figure how to send receipts to mods without DM...

1.Is there slang in sign language ?
2. Does your friend have Hearing family members with whom he cannot communicate.
3. Does he have a Deaf spouse?
4. Did he go to a Deaf residential school or a normal school?
5. Can he read lips?
6. Has he been discriminated against due to Deafness?

Does he have tinnitus?
How does he communicate with hearing people that don't know sign language,for example at the store, doctor etc?

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
1.Is there slang in sign language ?
2. Does your friend have Hearing family members with whom he cannot communicate.
3. Does he have a Deaf spouse?
4. Did he go to a Deaf residential school or a normal school?
5. Can he read lips?
6. Has he been discriminated against due to Deafness?

Apologies for being late, he should've created an account but decided against it and had me to write down his answers

This is what he has answered:

1. Yeah, there's slang in the sign language (I use British Sign Language). There's even dialects in the sign language. I can't think of a language where dialects and slangs don't exist.

2. Alhamdulillah all of them can communicate with me. It's actually quite sad thinking about it, more than 3/4 of my deaf friends cannot communicate with their family beyond basic gestures.

3. I'm unmarried :( It's a struggle finding a spouse who are willing to love me for who I am. I'm worried I will not be able to find somebody to settle down with.

4. I went to a deaf school (not a residential).

5. Not really. I mean, I can lipread some words but it's not useful to rely on it. Not many rely on lipreading alone anymore those days.

6. Unfortunately yes. A lot more than I've been discriminated because of my ethnicity/colour. I feel sad when people treat me differently because I never did anything wrong to deserve that treatment. It often happens in situation where I'm stuck with them, I can't just dump them and find another friends, people or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending