Deadbeat abo begs to be allowed back into Maya Jama's life & uses nationwide media outlets to do the tuugsi

Happy_

Laa ta aamin nin wa law kaana ninkaaga- bom!
Now that she‘s an adult he wants to crawl back into her life after being absent all her life. War ninku indho adakaa. Typical somali behaviour, they wanna reap all the fruits of someone else’s hard labour now that the child is established and makes good money. How embarrassing.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Are you on good terms with your dad?

i have a confession to make.

I AM HER FATHER!
giphy.gif

That makes sense. I have some relatives that were in Cardiff for several decades.

Since he was born and raised there and followed that destructive lifestyle I'm not surprised about the outcome. I feel sorry for some Somali parents especially those who aren't familiar with outside influences on their children. There is less of a tight grip and in some families the carte blanche for boys to do as they please is a huge issue. Especially when the kid is more exploratory and sensation seeking than others which attracts them to that life and sort of people. They need to be just as guarded and enforcing with their sons as they are their daughters.
This is not the attitude to have when raising kids in the west it’s not that the kids can do whatever they want. Somali parents just still think they’re in Somalia it’s not that the child has wild tendencies and sensation seeking behaviour they- the parents have a naturally lackadaisical, irresponsible and naive approach to parenting and they’re their child’s first bully. Furthermore the majority of the kids that go ‘bad’ are the more sensitive ones they become so hardened because of their parents and by living in the west that they go off the rails. I’ve worked with plenty of Somali families and they make the same mistake over and over again it’s as if all their parenting styles are identical and whilst somewhat good for one child it’s destructive to another. Put the blame where it lies it’s ignorant parenting.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
This is not the attitude to have when raising kids in the west it’s not that the kids can do whatever they want. Somali parents just still think they’re in Somalia it’s not that the child has wild tendencies and sensation seeking behaviour they- the parents have a naturally lackadaisical, irresponsible and naive approach to parenting and they’re their child’s first bully. Furthermore the majority of the kids that go ‘bad’ are the more sensitive ones they become so hardened because of their parents and by living in the west that they go off the rails. I’ve worked with plenty of Somali families and they make the same mistake over and over again it’s as if all their parenting styles are identical and whilst somewhat good for one child it’s destructive to another. Put the blame where it lies it’s ignorant parenting.

So, you think it has something to do with flaws in parenting style/how they relate to their children? Interesting. What are your recommendations for them.

Lol yeah he was attempting a subtle dig, but I get it bc I know lot of people here incorrectly assume because I criticize Somali fathers/men in general that I must have volatile relationship with my dad or I must have had bad experiences with faraxs. They don’t realize that I can have impartial view despite my own experiences. In my life so far, I have had way way more terrible experiences with xalimos than I ever did with Somali men Alx. But when I look at the community overall I can see where we lack and that’s men not taking responsibility or leadership seriously.

You claim that the relationship with your Father is so good, you're closer to him than your mum, and you also claim that the majority of your terrible experiences are with other Xalimo's by far.

Yet here you are blaming the Fathers and you can't even see the great irony and contradiction in your statements.

This message alone should send shivers down the spine of the diaspora male's, because she can have a good Father that she publicly praises and boasts she is closer to than her own mother, but she still despises you as a Somali male.

So, you think it has something to do with flaws in parenting style/how they relate to their children? Interesting. What are your recommendations for them.
I’m sure maya mentioned in her documentary something about her dads parenting and his relationship with his mum and sister and how that affected him.
It’s small stuff that makes the difference
- Don’t give the eldest childest too much responsibilities; a child cannot parent another child they’ll have a power trip and this will build resentment.
-Listen; each child is different they’ll have different needs wants and capabilities.
- Improper use of force; Whilst xoog might work on one it might not work on the other.
-Refrain from bad mouthing fathers and all men and acting like you don’t need them this will definitely affect a child’s attitude towards the opposite gender and cause low self esteem in his manhood and the daughter will develop a Cinderella complex.
Sometimes its not what you do but how you do it. How is the parents circumstances affecting their own emotional health and their response to their children. There’s too many factors to name but just being mindful will take you a long way.
These will give you some insight
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You claim that the relationship with your Father is so good, you're closer to him than your mum, and you also claim that the majority of your terrible experiences are with other Xalimo's by far.

Yet here you are blaming the Fathers and you can't even see the great irony and contradiction in your statements.

This message alone should send shivers down the spine of the diaspora male's, because she can have a good Father that she publicly praises and boasts she is closer to than her own mother, but she still despises you as a Somali male.

giphy.gif