Dark skin vs light skin, colourism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
How? :dwill::dwill: did I miss something

You can download people's genetic shit from Gedmatch I think. It's semi-private.

Hundreds of years from now people can still identify who you are based on Gedmatch.

Not that wise to post genetic data on teh interwebz.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
No, I don't have any goddamn Arab blood I'm not sure how y'all misinterpreted that truly horrific slip up

Still

:whew::whew::whew::whew::whew:

Merca

Inactive.
You can download people's genetic shit from Gedmatch I think. It's semi-private.

Hundreds of years from now people can still identify who you are based on Gedmatch.

Not that wise to post genetic data on teh interwebz.
Oh, close one then

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Don't worry it's all good now

Sheesh

:chrisfreshhah:

Anyway from what I gather I'm pretty average.

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
Someone should create a Somali genetics thread.I have a bunch of Isaaqs/Dir/Harti results I can post.

Also something interesting popped up on my 23andme DNA relative list.A couple guys who had E1b1bc(Semitic E1b1b) and I thought maybe they were just Habesha or Oromo with Habesha dhiig but it turns out both individuals were Sheekhal from K5.

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
Sheekhaals have the weirdest lineages. There's also some with R1a.
They don't seem to be paternally Somali, but their autosomal shit is almost completely Somali.
Somalis might have had much greater Y-DNA diversity such as A,J1,E1b1b1c(found among omotic tribes and Semites) and other E-M78 sunclades.So they just could be displaying older diversity.The R1a guy you saw was a definite Italian bastard though

Now Somalis are left with two male lineages V32 and T1a(Isaaq &Dir)

Also The Sheekhal guy thought that maybe we were related thorough Ogaden dhiig but I let him know that I have no Darood let alone Ogaden for atleast 6 generations.Weird connection tbh

Apollo

VIP
Somalis might have had much greater Y-DNA diversity such as A,J1,E1b1b1c(found among omotic tribes and Semites) and other E-M78 sunclades.So they just could be displaying older diversity.The R1a guy you saw was a definite Italian bastard though
Now Somalis are left with two male lineages V32 and T1a(Isaaq &Dir)
Most likely. Even the Afar have way more diverse Ys than Somalis. Somalis have the most absurd Y profile in the Horn. Two smaller lineages in the Horn got pumped up to high levels and the others probably just died off.
Also The Sheekhal guy thought that maybe we were related thorough Ogaden dhiig but I let him know that I have no Darood let alone Ogaden for atleast 6 generations.Weird connection tbh

You can get related to Somalis from far off regions by people from your region marryin into people from another region. It's not easy to trace how people past 3rd gen are related.

There's a huge problem among our folks when it comes to colourism. I've noticed that people on this site use "charcoal" when insulting other Somalis, even though there's nothing wrong with being dark skin. How come? Why is being dark skinned deemed as ugly while light skin is deemed as beautiful? Most Somalis aren't even light skinned, at least the Somalis I've seen in my hometown.
The cadaan standards of beauty is getting to most of us. That's why. Ask your parents and older relatives how they described what beauty in women meant to them. Color was never an issue until we move to the west and to those back home it was never a big deal until they started watching TV dramas that promote light=beauty BS. We can't expect to be living a new society and NOT lose some of our values. This is one of them. Raising your kids right is the only thing you can do about it.

Someone should create a Somali genetics thread.I have a bunch of Isaaqs/Dir/Harti results I can post.

Also something interesting popped up on my 23andme DNA relative list.A couple guys who had E1b1bc(Semitic E1b1b) and I thought maybe they were just Habesha or Oromo with Habesha dhiig but it turns out both individuals were Sheekhal from K5.

Bad idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts