Dark skin vs light skin, colourism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merca

Inactive.
There's a huge problem among our folks when it comes to colourism. I've noticed that people on this site use "charcoal" when insulting other Somalis, even though there's nothing wrong with being dark skin. How come? Why is being dark skinned deemed as ugly while light skin is deemed as beautiful? Most Somalis aren't even light skinned, at least the Somalis I've seen in my hometown.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
The same reason other ethnicities despise their skin tone when it's not light. Light is a societal ideal and some genuinely don't realize their inherent biases are a product of that mentality.

You mostly see it with the older generation. The shit you see on this site is just memeing if anything.

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
Literally only one guy on this site uses skin-based insults

@RudeBoi

:mjlol:
[QUOTE="RudeBoi, post: 303701, member: 1543"
I don't even look Somali
[/QUOTE]
War bal eeg Qoomul Luudkan.Why do you follow me around like a lost puppy and why the f*ck did you put up that gay ass avi?

Merca

Inactive.
War bal eeg Qoomul Luudkan.Why do you follow me around like a lost puppy and why the f*ck did you put up that gay ass avi?
I didn't even create this thread when it's cleary about you and you only.

:dead: @ gay ass avi
:mjlol: don't please. I want people to discuss how we can get rid of this problem we have among ourselves.

:mjlol: don't please. I want people to discuss how we can get rid of this problem we have among ourselves.
We can't. We can only minimize it. Every culture have some "ideal" tone. Among young Scandinavians alot start tanning at the age of 14.

I've been told multiple times by chicks on how they "wished they had my skin tone" so they didn't need tanning :mjlaugh: Shit even Arabs tan occasionally.

Yet a couple hundreds years ago the ideal skin tone in Europe was as pale as possible. Anybody tan were considered peasants and in a lower social class

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
We can't. We can only minimize it. Every culture have some "ideal" tone. Among young Scandinavians alot start tanning at the age of 14.

I've been told multiple times by chicks on how they "wished they had my skin tone" so they didn't need tanning :mjlaugh: Shit even Arabs tan occasionally.

Yet a couple hundreds years ago the ideal skin tone in Europe was as pale as possible. Anybody tan were considered peasants and in a lower social class

that is true. societal norms change.

but honestly from what i can gather there is only a benefit to darker skin tones with regards to longevity. pale skin is the one routinely related to skin cancer and wrinkles from what i've seen.

i mean that's probably all crap and we'll find out that there are equal benefits for the spectrum

Merca

Inactive.

But it's not the same thing though. Colourism has its origins in eurocentric beauty standards and is something that affects many black people negatively.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
i never had an issue with being dark except showing up as a demonic spirit in photos prior to 2010

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
@RudeBoi I've also noticed that you like to state how "light" and "non-Somali" you look. Doesn't that steam from self hate?
I am light and I get mistaken for Xabashi.Why should I hate the way God beautifully made me,he gave me a smile that makes women wet :dabcasar:

Other then that I am proud Habar Awal-Isaaq-Somali :fittytousand:

:snoop:
I am light and I get mistaken for Xabashi.Why should I hate the way God beautifully made me,he gave me a smile that makes women wet :dabcasar:

Nigga happy for being mistaken as a gaalo :snoop::kanyehmm:

Shit I've been mistaken for Ethiopian and Eri once but you don't see me bragging :holeup:

Merca

Inactive.

Most Xabashis aren't even light skinned.

I have no idea why Somalis are arguing about light skin vs dark skin like we're AA.

In our immediate families you'll see one child who's dark skin and the other light skin. It really shouldn't be a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending