Dante Whole Genome thread

Apollo

VIP
Another update:

View attachment 172166

Can anyone run me through a dummies guide on how I can upload the results onto YFull once I get the results?

What should I expect when the results come in on Dante? Fill me in.

@Apollo
@Alexis

I would download all the raw data from there as soon as it is available as these whole genome sequencing companies like to switch over to subscription based models, just in case. Store it safely, perhaps on Google Drive with two factor authentication turned on (storing it on Google is safe). You might lose it if you store it on USB.

You can do a lot of cool stuff with that data, most can be found here: https://sequencing.com/

Also, yfull.com and G25 coordinates.

Dante Labs is far more cost effective than 23andMe and FTDNA. Only major downside is that it does not have the fun cousin matching system of 23andMe.

Hello everyone.

Any updates on those waiting for Dante Labs results?
@Warsame The Strategist It started sequencing on the 5th of February 👍
Do you guys know of a user-friendly way to get fairly accurate genealogical breakdown similar to 23&me? @Apollo is that what G25 is for? And if yes would you still recommend getting 23&me to get the best representation of Somali autosomal DNA or is it a bit redundant? What are your thoughts on Promethease
for those interest in health-related things?

Apollo

VIP
@Warsame The Strategist It started sequencing on the 5th of February 👍
Do you guys know of a user-friendly way to get fairly accurate genealogical breakdown similar to 23&me? @Apollo is that what G25 is for? And if yes would you still recommend getting 23&me to get the best representation of Somali autosomal DNA or is it a bit redundant? What are your thoughts on Promethease
for those interest in health-related things?

TL;DR G25 basically gives you regionally percentages like 23andMe does. It is especially useful for people who do advanced tests like Dante, because Dante doesn't provide it. Dante is a bare-bones test, mainly useful for the raw data, not their interpretation.

If anybody here get their Dante results, I can help with obtaining and analyzing G25 coordinates.

TL;DR G25 basically gives you regionally percentages like 23andMe does. It is especially useful for people who do advanced tests like Dante, because Dante doesn't provide it. Dante is a bare-bones test, mainly useful for the raw data, not their interpretation.

If anybody here get their Dante results, I can help with obtaining and analyzing G25 coordinates.
Would definitely help out a lot!
:salute:Lol it's a jungle out there with all those possibilities to interpret the data of your entire genome. Feel bad for not starting to familiarize myself with it back in November :lolbron:but I will catch-up at least with the basics soon 👍

Almost.............

Got this email today:

dna.jpg

@Apollo
@Alexis

What am I supposed to do when the results come in? Let me know how to upload it.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
My experience with Dante Labs hasn't been the greatest. They still have not received my kit. :susp:I probably won't get my results until this November at this rate.

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
@Sophisticate I send mine March 15 and it's almost done by mid May my results Is in..... so far I tested 5 people including me 😁😁😁😁 next am gonna test damal muse to see if they are habar yonis 😁😁
Screenshot_20210412-005054_Chrome.jpg

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Ur kit lost 😁😁

@Sophisticate I send mine March 15 and it's almost done by mid May my results Is in..... so far I tested 5 people including me 😁😁😁😁 next am gonna test damal muse to see if they are habar yonis 😁😁
View attachment 179626

Ran into some issues with my package having incomplete contents and then had some issue with DHL (returned back to sender). I finally sent my kit via the post office around March 10th. It will take an eternity to arrive in Italy. I have resigned myself to not checking for results until June (and that's being optimistic). Lucky you @Libaax-Joore.

It is an Italian company. :silanyolaugh:

They are slow, but legit, patience.

giphy.gif

I didn't want them to live up to the stereotype. :dead:

I got my results last week but haven’t done anything with them yet. I wanna upload to yfull but apparently you have to get a bam file made with Y and mtDNA or something
Any advice ?