Dante Whole Genome thread

Thanks.
:mjlol: I fought tooth and nail all these years suggesting otherwise. I'm not a denialist so if the evidence turns out to be mounting it would be a fait accompli and I'd just have to live with it if it turns out true. :lol:

I know you did. At least you weren't as bad as Cushcentrists.

If I am not mistaken, I was the only one who was preaching on Somnet years ago that we should hold our horses and wait for more test results from other Cushites/Africans before assuming that the Somali T is descended from an ancient African T lineage. For the record, I am still clinging on to the fence and not claiming vindication. Why is there no memory of our supposed ancient Semitic ancestry? etc. Whoever that 'Chad' was, he left no credible oral genealogical trace and his descendants went full 'native'. All we possess is this 'exotic' DNA, which has had a major demographic impact on the Somali ethnic group, and Dir clan in particular.

If I am not mistaken, I was the only one who was preaching on Somnet years ago that we should hold our horses and wait for more test results from other Cushites/Africans before assuming that the Somali T is descended from an ancient African T lineage. For the record, I am still clinging on to the fence and not claiming vindication. Why is there no memory of our supposed ancient Semitic ancestry? etc. Whoever that 'Chad' was, he left no credible oral genealogical trace and his descendants went full 'native'. All we possess is this 'exotic' DNA, which has had a major demographic impact on the Somali ethnic group, and Dir clan in particular.

4% in the entire Horn Region which is fascinating. It's like he came, he planted his seed and he dissapeared :lol:

4% in the entire Horn Region which is fascinating. It's like he came, he planted his seed and he dissapeared :lol:

4? If you are referring to the percentage among all Horners, then I doubt we are all descended from a recent founder effect as there is a diversity of T lineages in the Horn.

The percentage among Somalis is unknown despite the figures erroneously bandied around by those who quote certain unrepresentative studies. From what I can tell, on 23andme and other individual results, it probably forms the majority in Northern Somaliweyn. This is probably a reflection of the T rich clans that live there, and the likelihood that it spread from Northern Somalia originally. Hence, why clans such as the Samaron, Isaaq and Ciise T's represent most of the T matches on 23andme. The Isaaqs being obviously overrepresented on 23andme from what I have seen in my relatives list. This might also be partially due to them being my Reer Apti hence the matches.

Lastly, I am still hesitant to completely dismiss a non-recent presence of our lineage in the Horn.

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
Maybe some other time. My haplogroup is N1a. I don't know what I'd learn about it. I guess I'll just focus on the YDNA of my kinfolk instead. You guys are more interested in that. :lol:
You are Indian huh
FinishedBarrenAmericanriverotter-size_restricted.gif

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

I understand the importance of not jumping to sudden or definitive conclusions and basing ones stance on what picture the results paint. Rather than expecting them to conform to my biases. You are right in keeping an open mind. Whoever he was all he seemed to spread was a haplogroup. Not a cultural imprint. If anything he was absorbed into the Cushitic borg.

Its a mutated East African L3 that tahribed to the Near East and came back. I am an African woman. :mad:

the thread I've been waiting for! :banderas:
Thanks for informing us, just ordered the kit.
Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-27 um 17.01.20.png

@Apollo @Warsame The Strategist
Not sure if there are any Somali Meheri samples on y-Full, but I hope it can contribute in any way to questions you guys raised (stuff like J1 Darods) besides satisfying my personal curiosity (do I even have the aforementioned J1 haplogroup :icon lol:) plus ofc the invaluable insight into health related topics :salute:

Last edited:
@Wiilyam Ina Sheekh Zubeer Thanks for ordering the test bro:it0tdo8:
We would like as many Somalis as possible to take the Big Y test.:nvjpqts:

Personally i think their is no Meheri, , but i could be wrong, you could be the first.
most of the J1 Yfull and Ftdna look like mostly Darod J1.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Dante Labs once a year Black Friday sale is here. This one is much better than 23andMe tests, because you get all your ancestry plus ALL the health information.
While you are at it, get your poop tested too. :russ:

I understand the importance of not jumping to sudden or definitive conclusions and basing ones stance on what picture the results paint. Rather than expecting them to conform to my biases. You are right in keeping an open mind. Whoever he was all he seemed to spread was a haplogroup. Not a cultural imprint. If anything he was absorbed into the Cushitic borg.

Yemen.jpg

He Came, He Sow, He Cucked!

As I have previously stated, it is best not to reach premature conclusions so please ignore the above insinuating quip.

Speaking of the T lineage, I’m samaroon and I recently sent out my 23&me test. Waiting for results now

Speaking of the T lineage, I’m samaroon and I recently sent out my 23&me test. Waiting for results now

You will have to be screened by the above Samaron individuals as it has become common practice for trolls to assume a subclan identity that is not one's own in this Maqaxi.

Anyway, I lurk, here and elsewhere, so I am not the best person to be approaching in this forum for info etc.

You will have to be screened by the above Samaron individuals as it has become common practice for trolls to assume a subclan identity that is not one's own in this Maqaxi.

Anyway, I lurk, here and elsewhere, so I am not the best person to be approaching in this forum for info etc.
Caadi sxb I’m not a sheegato

Trending