Dante Whole Genome thread

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
source.gif

Quick question, when I get the results can I post them onto the Family Tree DNA Somali database or will the results remain on the Dante Labs website?

Quick question, when I get the results can I post them onto the Family Tree DNA Somali database or will the results remain on the Dante Labs website?

You don't need to transfer your results there, just YFull for comparison purposes will suffice in my opinion.

Dante Labs allows you to export it anywhere.

First time, its good to get on YFULL for like jablibax did. They will place you
with your Somali Group.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 2.26.13 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 2.26.13 PM.png
    114 KB · Views: 171
You will join the Yfull Somali forum and you will know everyone there. like FTDNA forum.

Plus join us at anthrogenica genetics forum (Somali section) you will learn a lot.

@Awbarre

The People on Somali FullY are almost the same as the People on FTDNA.

The Yfull tells your about the age of each Clan and Tribe, Ethnicity its called TMRCA.

FTDNA does not provide that.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
If you and Awbarre are planning on conducting tests, it is best to test further up the tree, no point in testing Adan Yonis and Nur Yonis individuals etc. Makahil and Habar Cafan etc. are more appropriate as these are older lineages closer to the founding of the Samaron clan.

Apollo is making an incorrect assumption in the post above. I never put forward a 'theory', individual Y111 test results have proven that the Samaron and Isaaq samples in FTDNA are closer to each other. The relationship between the three clans tested so far was accurately determined by the admins of the Haplogroup T group on FTDNA. It is not a 'theory' I ever put forward as this goes against our mythical clan folklore in that Surre are Maha Dir who should supposedly be closer to Isaaq than the Samaron.

Nonetheless, we are talking about a handful of Y111/YFull results, and as the genetic tree develops, we shall know more hopefully.

I'll try to get others from the clan to do it. I hope I can reach them on time (before the sale ends). I think finding a Mahad Case and Habar Afan individual would be an asset for comparison's sake. IA, I'll wait and see. I just ordered the test.

1606441500893.png

I'll try to get others from the clan to do it. I hope I can reach them on time (before the sale ends). I think finding a Mahad Case and Habar Afan individual would be an asset for comparison's sake. IA, I'll wait and see. I just ordered the test.

View attachment 155519

The Makahil Samaron TMRCA is probably sorted due the efforts of you two!

Good luck in getting your siblings/father to donate some of their Cantuuf towards the Somali T cause.

What do they think about the probability of us descending from some 'Ayrab' Chad who sowed his wild oats on 'foreign' soil?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The Makahil Samaron TMRCA is probably sorted due the efforts of you two!

Good luck in getting your siblings/father to donate some of their Cantuuf towards the Somali T cause.

What do they think about the probability of us descending from some 'Ayrab' Chad who sowed his wild oats on 'foreign' soil?

Thanks.
:mjlol: I fought tooth and nail all these years suggesting otherwise. I'm not a denialist so if the evidence turns out to be mounting it would be a fait accompli and I'd just have to live with it if it turns out true. :lol: