D&M had less representation then 0.5s during the 21 years of Kacaan.

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
You clearly don’t know how the Ganaane area is settled, either historically or now if you think Reewin are being “ethnically cleansed” kkkk
I'm starting to question your raxanweynimo. Maybe you are a Daarood larping as a Raxanweyn.

Or are you one of those "Geeki Mariidis" , maybe your grandad was a mareexaan or Ogaadeen.

So today where Mareexaan have the Gedo DC and do what they want in the region and have kicked many Reewins out that's isn't ethnic cleansing.

If you say no then either you are a fake Reewin or simply have no dhiig and are denying history.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
@mohamedismail The data make no sense.
How can there be 18 gudomiye gobol in the time period between 1969 and 1991, when there were not 18 gobols until ~1986? It is made up data. You should not believe everything you see.

While is true that D&M were greatly underrepresented, it was not to the extent you presented.

Of the 18 cabinets of the Kacaan, D&M had an average of 9% of cabinet positions.
At the same time 0.5 groups had an average of 5.5% of cabinet positions.
D&M had nearly double the representation of 0.5 during the Kacaan.

somali gov.png

https://riftvalley.net/publication/role-45-democratization-and-governance-somalia

mohamedismail

A boon questioning my Reewinnimo
Regular Season Lol GIF by NBA
I ain't no boon bro. I'm leysaan, when was the last time you seen a boon Leysaan.

Also you might be a boon yourself since you clearly have no dhiig for Reewins or their deegaans. Or you are either super ignorant on Reewin deegaans and identity.

Or you maybe a Geeki Mariidi of Daarood origin whose grandfather we assimilated. Either way its your likes with your mindset that has held back Reewin and put us in the position we are in today.

mohamedismail

How can there be 18 gudomiye gobol in the time period between 1969 and 1991, when there were not 18 gobols until ~1986? It is made up data. You should not believe everything you see.

While is true that D&M were greatly underrepresented, it was not to the extent you presented.

Of the 18 cabinets of the Kacaan, D&M had an average of 9% of cabinet positions.

View attachment 304052
https://riftvalley.net/publication/role-45-democratization-and-governance-somalia
Ohh my bad you are right.

My point still stands though, Reewin definitely werent 9% of the Somali population so giving them 9% of positions would be marginalisation.

Also that would mean that other clans like Daarood would have over representation of government positions.

I ain't no boon bro. I'm leysaan, when was the last time you seen a boon Leysaan.

Also you might be a boon yourself since you clearly have no dhiig for Reewins or their deegaans. Or you are either super ignorant on Reewin deegaans and identity.

Or you maybe a Geeki Mariidi of Daarood origin whose grandfather we assimilated. Either way its your likes with your mindset that has held back Reewin and put us in the position we are in today.

I call you a boon because you display their characteristics. Your threads make me cringe from the amount of self-flagellation you do

Alx both of my grandfathers come from a long line of Reewin men who were the leading figures of their day. Conquered land, spread the deen, freed slaves as they deemed fit and were always present when their communities needed them. Inshallah I’ll continue on their legacy

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
Ohh my bad you are right.

My point still stands though, Reewin definitely werent 9% of the Somali population so giving them 9% of positions would be marginalisation.

Also that would mean that other clans like Daarood would have over representation of government positions.

That is right. D&M should have gotten 20% of all cabinet positions.
Getting 9% is less than half of what D&M were owed.
It is also important to keep in mind that D&M were politically less active even under full democracy in the 1960-1969 period.

Of the 8 cabinets of the civilian government, D&M had an average of 11% of cabinet positions.
D&M underrepresentation during the 1960s are largely due to their inability to form coalitions with other clans.

Dir on the other hand were very good at forming coalitions, so they were overrepresented.
Darod overrepresentation is simply due to geography.

somali gov.png

ps. Today D&M are overrepresented but Darod & Hawiye are underrepresented.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
I think there's some truth to it.

Both the Somali consulate in NYC and the Somali embassy in Ottawa were entirely staffed by Darod, mostly MOD during the late 80s.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I wonder if he is the same son who had a mansion in California and he told off the city when they told him to pay his property taxes in arrears. His neighbours hated him.

I heard all about the shenanigans that went on at the NYC office and the Ottawa embassy. Somalia representatives were so corrupt they didn’t even pay the light bill in the consulate. The utility company was having issues with them. They were located next to Arthur Ashe and Barbara Streisand’s homes. They regularly went to diplomatic events and never hosted any of their own or believed in exchanging gifts. Everyone noticed.

mohamedismail

I call you a boon because you display their characteristics. Your threads make me cringe from the amount of self-flagellation you do

Alx both of my grandfathers come from a long line of Reewin men who were the leading figures of their day. Conquered land, spread the deen, freed slaves as they deemed fit and were always present when their communities needed them. Inshallah I’ll continue on their legacy
Hopefully you do. But stop being on the soft side and join the hardcore Reewin side like me.

mohamedismail

That is right. D&M should have gotten 20% of all cabinet positions.
Getting 9% is less than half of what D&M were owed.
It is also important to keep in mind that D&M were politically less active even under full democracy in the 1960-1969 period.

Of the 8 cabinets of the civilian government, D&M had an average of 11% of cabinet positions.
D&M underrepresentation during the 1960s are largely due to their inability to form coalitions with other clans.

Dir on the other hand were very good at forming coalitions, so they were overrepresented.
Darod overrepresentation is simply due to geography.

View attachment 304054

ps. Today D&M are overrepresented but Darod & Hawiye are underrepresented.
How are D&M over represented today?

When Daarood and Hawiye have 2 states each and D&M has one. Also according to population even though it hasn't been confirmed yet D&M arguably live in the most population dense regions in Somalia.

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
How are D&M over represented today?

When Daarood and Hawiye have 2 states each and D&M has one. Also according to population even though it hasn't been confirmed yet D&M arguably live in the most population dense regions in Somalia.

D&M are slightly overrepresented, they currently get 22% of representation when it should be more like 18%. The D&M share of Somalia's population has been declining over the past 90 years. Almost all of the decline is coming from Mirifle.

I talk about it here:
The most surprising thing the further you look into the demographics of Koonfur is the decline in the share of the population that is Mirifle aka Rahanweyn.

In 1931, Baidoa, Oddur and Bur Hacaba had 24.6% of the population.
In 2014, Bay & Bakool, roughly with the same borders, had 13% of the population.
The Mirifle share of Koonfur's population fell nearly in half in those 83 years. A massive shift.

Mirifle which once outnumbered all of Darod in Koonfur, is now roughly equivalent to MJ.
It is a myth that Somali clans grow at the same rate. Large differences in growth rates are observable.

mohamedismail

D&M are slightly overrepresented, they currently get 22% of representation when it should be more like 18%. The D&M share of Somalia's population has been declining over the past 90 years. Almost all of the decline is coming from Mirifle.

I talk about it here:
That is very much possible. But I think the reason for that decline is because post 91 many mirifles moved out of Baay and Bakool. You have approximately a million D&M predominantly Mirifle living in xamar. Most fled there native regions in Baay and Bakool.

Then you have to also take into consideration the mirifles that moved to Galmudug / puntland and Somaliland. Many of those regions markets are Dominated by Mirifles who came from Baay and Bakool. As well as having huge population's there.

So I don't think there is neccesarily a decline in the mirifle population rather they are leaving there lands to go to other regions due to the instability. So keeping that in mind are rahanweyns still over represented or nah?

Also I don't think the shift in population in the region happened gradually. Those regions were heavily populated untill 1991 when the civil war caused many to flee due to instability and lack of safety.

Then when shabaab was established another wave of Reewins fled to escape Shabaab and their rule. Leading to another decline in population in those regions.

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
Every year they should hold an event where a single person that is chosen for the task from the 0.5 group to enter a Pit and face off against a hungry lion with a sword or spear.

If they win they go up by 0.1 if they lose the go down by 0.1 they do this until they reach 0 or 1.

Every year they should hold an event where a single person that is chosen for the task from the 0.5 group to enter a Pit and face off against a hungry lion with a sword or spear.

If they win they go up by 0.1 if they lose the go down by 0.1 they do this until they reach 0 or 1.

You lost your damn mind :pachah1:

We’ve already put them in a humiliating state of being. And now you want us to make entertainment out of their plight for equal treatment?!?! With a possibility of being downgraded to 0 💀

You lost your damn mind :pachah1:

We’ve already put them in a humiliating state of being. And now you want us to make entertainment out of their plight for equal treatment?!?! With a possibility of being downgraded to 0 💀
Nigga lost his mind He thinks we’re in Roman gladiators BC era?
1700365497939.png

View attachment 304052

Do you have one with on the sub clan level?

Trending

Latest posts