Current system of federalism in Somalia

The only way federal system would go is to address the tribilism in politics and let somali people form their own govt system instead if having this UN made system endorsed by moryaan war lords

With federalism, the boat is floating. Without federalism, it would capsize.
If you look at the image, the boat is being dismantled to build mini boats. Eventually, not much would be left of the boat, and the mini boats won't be able to go far into the sea/ocean & don't stand a chance against big waves.

Yusuf M

PuntExit
Federalism still means a strong, dominant central government though. Thick Dhabyacu MJs don't understand this basic fact however :gaasdrink:
That would be the case if we were talking about developed first world nations with a transparent federal system such as the United States or Germany, and not a third world shit hole tribal nations with no accountability and with massive corruption like Somalia where the central government can't be trusted. Is that so hard for your khat addicted brain to understand?

@Yusuf M listen fella there's no way your country Somalia can ever recover and progress until it has an effective central government that has ultimate control over it's entire national territory. But you're a secessionist so it doesn't matter what I say to you :gaasdrink:

Yusuf M

PuntExit
@Yusuf M listen fella there's no way your country Somalia can ever recover and progress until it has an effective central government that has ultimate control over it's entire national territory. But you're a secessionist so it doesn't matter what I say to you :gaasdrink:
Why should I let my peaceful, stable, and self governing region be under Xamar "government" that is weak and under Amisom protection?
First they need to secure xamar and the south. Then when it can stand on its own two feet then we can talk. Got it?

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Why should I let my peaceful, stable, and self governing region be under Xamar "government" that is weak and under Amisom protection?
First they need to secure xamar and the south. Then when it can stand on its own two feet then we can talk. Got it?
@BigBreak is HY he shares a commonality with other disenfranchised or dysfunctional people who have had no development. But what makes him unique is that he is advocating for a system that has marginalized his own region. Anti federalists have a spiteful nature, they want to drag others down with them instead of working for themselves. To quote FDR, I welcome their hatred.

:rejoice:

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

AUG 25, 2023
VIP
Absolutely brother, central gov from seylac to ras kambooni.

:fittytousand: Death to Brittish colonial loving coons and anyone who divides umaada somaliyeed

Yusuf M

PuntExit
@BigBreak is HY he shares a commonality with other disenfranchised or dysfunctional people who have had no development. But what makes him unique is that he is advocating for a system that has marginalized his own region. Anti federalists have a spiteful nature, they want to drag others down with them instead of working for themselves. To quote FDR, I welcome their hatred.

:rejoice:
Yes, I have noticed that those with nothing are the ones who bark the loudest. I guess it's true when they say misery loves company.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
If you look at the image, the boat is being dismantled to build mini boats. Eventually, not much would be left of the boat, and the mini boats won't be able to go far into the sea/ocean & don't stand a chance against big waves.
Dijbouti is small country and working well :damedamn:.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
I am baffled by our people. How have we sunken so low, for us not to properly understand federalism.

I always hear the same things: federalism is an darood system, it will never work or my personal favourite " it is majerteen supramacy".

The majority of the so called federal member states are still under al shabaab control. The ismo is broken in central and southern somalia. On top of that the clans are not only fighting clans from other tribes, they are also fighting within their own tribes. After this process has been going on for decades, they manage to blame the governance system. Which is intended to save them from underfunding. When they (i hope in the near future) come together to actually build their states up.

No governance system can ever work for those regions untill they are liberated. Unlike the southern and central regions. The north eastern state, better known as Puntland state has figured it somewhat out.

Mind your own business and develop.

Why can't the paper states not simply copy Somaliland and Puntland. It's not that hard have a mini civil war. The winner sets up the rules, while the government institution's become more demographic by each election. It's not perfect but it works.

But no let's blame federalism instead of your own dickhead leaders that shiver when they meet their al shabaab and fgs overlords. Come on now guys ya"ll claim somali history online proud as the mf. But when push come to shove y'all choose al shabaab smh.

As a matter of fact i would like to move an motion forward that states that only liberated citizens of any somali territory should have the right to faan over our history. The rest are kinda hypocritical since they are under occupation. Which our ancestors were strongly against.

Don't take it personally it is just the reality of the situation.

I am baffled by our people. How have we sunken so low, for us not to properly understand federalism.

I always hear the same things: federalism is an darood system, it will never work or my personal favourite " it is majerteen supramacy".

The majority of the so called federal member states are still under al shabaab control. The ismo is broken in central and southern somalia. On top of that the clans are not only fighting clans from other tribes, they are also fighting within their own tribes. After this process has been going on for decades, they manage to blame the governance system. Which is intended to save them from underfunding. When they (i hope in the near future) come together to actually build their states up.

No governance system can ever work for those regions untill they are liberated. Unlike the southern and central regions. The north eastern state, better known as Puntland state has figured it somewhat out.

Mind your own business and develop.

Why can't the paper states not simply copy Somaliland and Puntland. It's not that hard have a mini civil war. The winner sets up the rules, while the government institution's become more demographic by each election. It's not perfect but it works.

But no let's blame federalism instead of your own dickhead leaders that shiver when they meet their al shabaab and fgs overlords. Come on now guys ya"ll claim somali history online proud as the mf. But when push come to shove y'all choose al shabaab smh.

As a matter of fact i would like to move an motion forward that states that only liberated citizens of any somali territory should have the right to faan over our history. The rest are kinda hypocritical since they are under occupation. Which our ancestors were strongly against.

Don't take it personally it is just the reality of the situation.
you talk about federalism then immediately start talking about confederalism, somaliland and puntland are not "federal" states at all. they govern themselves without intervention from the central government (somaliland itself doesn't even claim to be part of this central governments nation) that is a confederate system. a federal system requires the states to take a backseat to the fgs government, that is not happening. these states are instead on the same level as the fgs, they negotiate with the fgs over national policy and can, and do, refuse to cooperate when they wish. they engage in their own foreign policy, make independent trade deals, police their own borders etc. when multiple independent entities exist under a single nation that is not a federal state, it is a confederate state. whether you think its a good system or not is another subject :MNWheelchair: the fact that you call the fgs "overlords" already shows you aren't interested in actual federalism, though, and prefer the confederate status quo

Absolutely brother, central gov from seylac to ras kambooni.

:fittytousand: Death to Brittish colonial loving coons and anyone who divides umaada somaliyeed

tenor (2).gif

Trending