Crazy things mom used to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdullnur

Logic over everything
My mom thinks there's jinn in photographs and refuse to take pics. She's always on the conference calls with other hooyos take smack about gaalo and their children.

What are some superstition things your mom does

XamarWeeaboo

You expected something here didn't you?!?!?
WTF??? Jinn in photos? Then how does your mother apply for her passport or driving license??? Don't you need photos for both? As for my mother, she raised me normally, not Somali normal, just Western normal, with a nice slice of Islam and dhaqan- however I'm still learning how to read an write the language.

Mine doesn't like the windows opened at night cuz she think jinns are gonna come through(dunno if it's true though).

When it's boiling during the summer I open the window once she goes to her room for the night.

Last edited:

Tukraq

VIP
My mom thinks there's jinn in photographs and refuse to take pics. She's always on the conference calls with other hooyos take smack about gaalo and their children.

why would you think thats superstitious? its not beyond the realm of possibility

Possible to do sixir on soneone's pic so i guess she is right

Tukraq

VIP
Are serious, jinn in photos is in any realm of possibility
its possible, but from your posts you seem to be illogically close minded for no reason, every outcome has a probability of possibility and basically everything is possible so a jinn in the photos is a possible outcome that you shouldn't be so dismissive of when it can be true

its possible, but from your posts you seem to be illogically close minded for no reason, every outcome has a probability of possibility and basically everything is possible so a jinn in the photos is a possible outcome that you shouldn't be so dismissive of when it can be true
It is true as jinns are everywhere

VixR

Veritas
These examples so far aren’t specific to Somalis, they’re from Islamic teaching.

Jinns in photos, Jinns outside during Maghreb (so don’t open the windows), Jinns near the trash, Jinns in the bathroom so enter with the left foot, etc.

Abdullnur

Logic over everything

So your telling me that god doesn't exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending