Crazy news I'm hearing from my family back home in K5 & Addis Ababa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Doubt it.

There is a reason when Ogaaden were in Opposition and backing ONLF Isaaq formed the government. We are the second largest clan there after them. Abdulmajid was the founder of ESDL and both he and Eid Dahir were HA.

This is all a mute point anyways because as long as OG are pro-govt Ethiopia doesn't need the other clans living there anyways.

This is false. In Ethiopia, all of these clans are larger than Isaaq; Cisse, Gadabursi, Jidwaaq, Garre and perhaps Harti. Isaaq simply happen to be lucky enough to be close to the center of power, i.e Jigjiga, and to have deep connections to Addis Ababa. There are only 2 woredas in all of DDSI that are majority Isaaq and those are Misrak Gaashaamo and Xarshin.

ps. @NourUgaas is a consummate liar. Geri Koombe hate the Oromo region more than anything on this earth. The Oromo region took Jinacsani from them and most of Babile. They deeply support Abdi Iley because he built up Tulli Guleed. Geri support Abdi Iley more than any other clan in Jigjiga Zone.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
The only reason why all these people on this thread who are ciise isaaq and others despise mudane mujahid abdi iley is cause he is darood thats the only reason why they hate him but darood especially ogaden are the majority in ogadenia even if abdi iley is replaced the man who will take his place will be Ogaden

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Doubt it.

There is a reason when Ogaaden were in Opposition and backing ONLF Isaaq formed the government. We are the second largest clan there after them. Abdulmajid was the founder of ESDL and both he and Eid Dahir were HA.

"Ogaadeen dominance turned out to be short-lived. By 1994, two Ogaadeen-led governments in the Ethiopian Somali region had failed to unify the region or to establish effective administration, and early in the year fighters of the ONLF became embroiled in violent clashes with EPRDF forces. Meanwhile, lobbying by non-Ogaadeen members of the Somali community had persuaded the central Ethiopian government that an alternative to Ogaadeen hegemony had to be sought. An alternative emerged in the form of the Ethiopian Somali Democratic League or ESDL, a coalition of smaller non-Ogaadeen clans united under the leadership of Dr. Abdulmejid Hussein, then the only Somali minister in the central government, and an Isaaq. In late 1994 the regional capital was moved from the principally Ogaadeen town of Gode to Jigjiga, a less remote, more cosmopolitan community situated in the traditional territory of some small, Daarod clans. In December, the last Ogaadeen President, Abdirahman Ugaas, was ousted in favour of the Secretary of the region’s Executive Committee, Iid Dahir, a key local figure of the ESDL, and an Isaaq like Dr. Abdulmejid. With the electoral confirmation of ‘Iid the following year as regional President and the head of an ESDL parliamentary majority, Ethiopian Somali politics shifted decisively out of the hands of the Ogaadeen and into a new coalition of Somali interests."

Source: http://www.africa.upenn.edu/eue_web/somrev96.htm

This is all a mute point anyways because as long as OG are pro-govt Ethiopia doesn't need the other clans living there. Your dream died the day the OG decided to give up their armed opposition and join the government.
I love how you divide ogaden from the rest of darood yet mention isaac as one entity alla caqli xuma wuxu laangaab sanaa geri koombe and harti koombe are also larger than isaac even mareexan outnumber isaac in ogadenia

From the same source "Genealogies of the tribes of British Somaliland and Mijertein".

Apparently Gaalkacyo had annual hunger games kkk.

screen-shot-2018-05-30-at-2-28-35-am-png.46563

Book also mentions the Gabiley clashes. 1 subclan of HA vs an entire subclan of Dir kkk.

View attachment 48806

@Cumar

Just because the source states 'Gadabursi', you've never fought a clan other than Reer Maxamuud Nuur. Let's not get carried away. You didn't even fight the other branch of Reer Nuur, which is Reer Faarax.
I have sources too, just try and not pick the ones that make you feel so great loool.

214xst1.png

Last edited:
Doubt it.

"Ogaadeen dominance turned out to be short-lived. By 1994, two Ogaadeen-led governments in the Ethiopian Somali region had failed to unify the region or to establish effective administration, and early in the year fighters of the ONLF became embroiled in violent clashes with EPRDF forces. Meanwhile, lobbying by non-Ogaadeen members of the Somali community had persuaded the central Ethiopian government that an alternative to Ogaadeen hegemony had to be sought. An alternative emerged in the form of the Ethiopian Somali Democratic League or ESDL, a coalition of smaller non-Ogaadeen clans united under the leadership of Dr. Abdulmejid Hussein, then the only Somali minister in the central government, and an Isaaq. In late 1994 the regional capital was moved from the principally Ogaadeen town of Gode to Jigjiga, a less remote, more cosmopolitan community situated in the traditional territory of some small, Daarod clans. In December, the last Ogaadeen President, Abdirahman Ugaas, was ousted in favour of the Secretary of the region’s Executive Committee, Iid Dahir, a key local figure of the ESDL, and an Isaaq like Dr. Abdulmejid. With the electoral confirmation of ‘Iid the following year as regional President and the head of an ESDL parliamentary majority, Ethiopian Somali politics shifted decisively out of the hands of the Ogaadeen and into a new coalition of Somali interests."

Source: http://www.africa.upenn.edu/eue_web/somrev96.htm

This is all a mute point anyways because as long as OG are pro-govt Ethiopia doesn't need the other clans living there. Your dream died the day the OG decided to give up their armed opposition and join the government.

Dr Abdulmajid Hussein is Habr Awal through Diya. He himself is not really Isaaq. Ask your Habr Awal relatives. That's the first point.

Secondly, everyone knows Isaaq are not the second biggest clan after Ogaden. Both Issa and Gadabursi are bigger than Isaaq in Ethiopia and that's a fact. But at the end of the day everyone can say whatever he wants. No point getting into a back and forth, just ask the main guy @Marsin he can tell you himself.

Put yourself in the shoes of the Ethiopian PM. Would you rather appease 200k angry laangaabs and antagonise 4 million Ogadeens in the process? :drakelaugh:

Abdi Iley is an unsung hero, a misunderstood awliya. His liyuu polis only takes orders from him and nobody else. If he's replaced, the new president has to deal with thousands of liyuu polis militiamen that are loyal to Iley. Iley has positioned himself very well:trumpsmirk:

Sxb Dir in Ethiopia are just as big the Absame of the Region. The guy who knows most about the region is @Marsin he can tell you.

This is false. In Ethiopia, all of these clans are larger than Isaaq; Cisse, Gadabursi, Jidwaaq, Garre and perhaps Harti. Isaaq simply happen to be lucky enough to be close to the center of power, i.e Jigjiga, and to have deep connections to Addis Ababa. There are only 2 woredas in all of DDSI that are majority Isaaq and those are Misrak Gaashaamo and Xarshin.

ps. @NourUgaas is a consummate liar. Geri Koombe hate the Oromo region more than anything on this earth. The Oromo region took Jinacsani from them and most of Babile. They deeply support Abdi Iley because he built up Tulli Guleed. Geri support Abdi Iley more than any other clan in Jigjiga Zone.

Sxb, why call me a liar, call me misinformed if you want but please don't call me a liar.

You are free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm closer to Gerri than you by the way.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
@Cumar

Just because the source states 'Gadabursi', you've never fought a clan other than Reer Maxamuud Nuur. Let's not get carried away. You didn't even fight the other branch of Reer Nuur, which is Reer Faarax.
I have sources too, just try and not pick the ones that make you feel so great loool.

214xst1.png

Reer Nuur is your largest subclan, Omar Adan is one of our smallest. That says everything you need to know. :kanyeshrug:

Cumar

VIP
Dr Abdulmajid Hussein is Habr Awal through Diya. He himself is not really Isaaq. Ask your Habr Awal relatives. That's the first point.

Secondly, everyone knows Isaaq are not the second biggest clan after Ogaden. Both Issa and Gadabursi are bigger than Isaaq in Ethiopia and that's a fact. But at the end of the day everyone can say whatever he wants. No point getting into a back and forth, just ask the main guy @Marsin he can tell you himself.

What on earth is "Habar Awal by diya" kkk. This ain't university you can't become Habar Awal through clearing. :ftw9nwa:

He is Cigaale Muuse which is a brother of Sacaad Muuse.

Cumar

VIP
I love how you divide ogaden from the rest of darood yet mention isaac as one entity alla caqli xuma wuxu laangaab sanaa geri koombe and harti koombe are also larger than isaac even mareexan outnumber isaac in ogadenia

I'm not dividing Ogaaden from Darood. They stand alone due to their numbers. Even other Daroods are irrelevant in DDSI.

Cumar

VIP

Bro I'm sorry but there is no way Harti is larger than Isaaq in DDSI.

Gadabursi and Ciise combined maybe are larger than Isaaq although I even doubt that tbh. But not as standalone clans that is for sure.

You are right we only dominate in 2 woredas the way the borders are drawn means alot of Isaaq live in majority non-Isaaq woredas like Awbere, Jigjigaa, Dhagaxbuur etc. Don't take the political ineptness of Isaaq in Ethiopia to mean we aren't there in numbers.

Last edited:
What on earth is "Habar Awal by diya" kkk. This ain't university you can't become Habar Awal through clearing. :ftw9nwa:

He is Cigaale Muuse which is a brother of Sacaad Muuse.

Apparently, he isnt even considered Isaaq by you guys and this is coming from people who are Isaaq. He is another clan. I'll find out, apparently a clan that only lives in Ethiopia.

Cumar

VIP
Apparently, he isnt even considered Isaaq by you guys and this is coming from people who are Isaaq. He is another clan. I'll find out, apparently a clan that only lives in Ethiopia.

Cigaale Muuse do only live in Ethiopia. They don't live within the Somaliland borders at all and don't have any degaan there.

The bolded is also categorically false. He is a son of Subeer Awal find someone else to claim.

Are you saying Reer Maxamuud Nuur are langaab now? They are definitely larger than Farax Nuur.

Reer Faarax are huge. The reason why you don't know anything about them is because 80% of them live in Ethiopia. I've never done a census, so I can't say. But Reer Faarax are huge.

Regarding the link, the only Reer Maxamuud who live with the Isaaq are Reer Halas, the rest don't even border you.

Cumar

VIP
Reer Faarax are huge. The reason why you don't know anything about them is because 80% of them live in Ethiopia. I've never done a census, so I can't say. But Reer Faarax are huge.

Regarding the link, the only Reer Maxamuud who live with the Isaaq are Reer Halas, the rest don't even border you.

The Omar Adan subclan you claim to have fought are a subclan of Reer Yonis which itself is a subclan of Jibril Abokor.

So you are talking about fighting a sub-sub-sub clan vs an entire subclan of Reer Nuur the Reer Maxamuud Nuur.

Cigaale Muuse do only live in Ethiopia. They don't live within the Somaliland borders at all and don't have any degaan there.

The bolded is also categorically false. He is a son of Subeer Awal find someone else to claim.

Wallahi iyo billahi he is not Isaaq according to many Isaaqs. I'm not saying this out of spite.

I don't need to claim him, the first ever Somali politician in Ethiopian politics was Gadabursi, who was also the first ever Governor of Dire Dawa, first ever Somali parliamentarian in the Ethiopian parliament who was Ato Hussein Ismail.

Plus one of the founders of ESDL, who was the best friend of Abdulmajid, Ato Shemsaddin and many many others.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
I'm not dividing Ogaaden from Darood. They stand alone due to their numbers. Even other Daroods are irrelevant in DDSI.
All darood are united in ddsi we all support ogaden leadership of DDSI even i from puntland would be willing to give my life to defend mujahid abdi iley.

Isaac always trying divide and tule the tactic their british colonial masters taught tgem boowe darood are one.

Status
Not open for further replies.