Coup attempt in Amxaaro region. Gunfire in Addis. Multiple assassinations. Chaos. Summary thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Try telling a HOTOO to kill Tutsi or vice versa now. They will hang you in a public square and unite as Rwandas. Very stable country weeye, dib uu heeshin dhab ah ba dhacay, not mid been been ah. Wa dawlad rasmi ah cid diidi karta ma jirto. In addis u can entice a coup any day of the week as the locals hate each other and live separately in segregation which is a bad sign of social cohesion. It's a ticking time bomb, you can play isku dir on people kala fadhiyo looooooooooool

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/af/idUSKCN1TO0CR?__twitter_impression=true
Amhara state president Ambachew Mekonnen and his adviser were shot dead and the state's attorney general was wounded in the regional capital of Bahir Dar on Saturday evening, Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed's office said in a statement.

In a separate attack the same night, Ethiopia's army Chief of Staff Seare Mekonnen and a retired general were both shot dead in Seare's home in Addis Ababa by his bodyguard. The two attacks were linked, the statement said, without giving details.

Abiy's office named Amhara state security head General Asamnew Tsige as responsible for the foiled coup, without giving details of his whereabouts. Asamnew was released from prison last year after receiving an amnesty for a similar coup attempt, according to media reports.
:chrisfreshhah:
The shooting in Bahir Dar occurred when the state president - an ally of Abiy - was holding a meeting to decide how to put a stop to the open recruitment of ethnic Amhara militias by Asamnew, one Addis-based official told Reuters.

Asamnew had advised the Amhara people to arm themselves in preparation for fighting against other groups, in a video spread on Facebook a week earlier and seen by a Reuters reporter.
He's still on the loose.
:mjhaps:
:gladbron:

Last edited:
so the dude who did the coup was released by abiye, zinawi placed him in jail, then abiy gave him back his pension, he ha free time and money and retired and did what he tried in 2009, do a coup,

you cannot keep a fake nation with 87 different languages and ethnic groups and 4 religions,

let her burn and trump has cut a lot of money t them meaning they are left to beg IMF and world bank and all other nations

ONLF will stay quite and take advantage of this insha Allah

burn babe burn

If we had fixed our shit some years back, this would have been a perfect opportunity to support separatist movements like the oromo and somali, and even the tigray.

Opportunities like this come by every 10 years in Ethiopia.

Lets ready ourselves for the 2029 one.:francis:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Look at these Somalians so hungry for chaos in Ethiopia not understanding the effects it can have on the region bunch of bloodthirsty geeljires. Ethiopia assassinated the killers behind the failed coup. Everything is under control. You anarchists are getting your hopes up too fast.

Look at these Somalians so hungry for chaos in Ethiopia not understanding the effects it can have on the region bunch of bloodthirsty geeljires. Ethiopia assassinated the killers behind the failed coup. Everything is under control. You anarchists are getting your hopes up too fast.

Sxb do you want history lesson on what these "cushite" brothers of yours have done to Somalia, how they fueled our civil war. Arming different groups and always siding against anyone who was gaining the upperhand. I dont see any reason for us to even remotely like these bastards.

Tukraq

VIP
Ethiopia is a fake country of ethnicities that aren't related and hate each other, basically a ticking time bomb, far worse than Somalia as their dirt poor with no resources and a 100 million plus population, inshallah we just need to build a proper border and a patrol and we won't face any effects when it goes to civil war

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Sxb do you want history lesson on what these "cushite" brothers of yours have done to Somalia, how they fueled our civil war. Arming different groups and always siding against anyone who was gaining the upperhand. I dont see any reason for us to even remotely like these bastards.
lol typical Somali narrative always blaming foreigners for their downfall. It's the dirty Somalian culture that has reduced Somalia to xaar easy as that a real strong ethnic would not bow to foreigners or get used by them Somalis waa easy to divide and conquer sorry sxb its the truth. i wont blame Ethiopians for Somalian flaws.

Abiy can’t seem to contain Ethiopia. From the get-go he has been mistake prone. The guy released everyone at the time he came to power including a man hell bend on secession for AmharaLand. He is behind this attempted coup.
Loool let it all burn down

lol typical Somali narrative always blaming foreigners for their downfall. It's the dirty Somalian culture that has reduced Somalia to xaar easy as that a real strong ethnic would not bow to foreigners or get used by them Somalis waa easy to divide and conquer sorry sxb its the truth. i wont blame Ethiopians for Somalian flaws.

"I wont blame Ethiopians for Somalian flaws". Somalis are at fault too, Im not gonna deny that. Somalis were weak but did Kenyans arm our warlords since 1990s? Did Indians arm our rebel groups? Did any other nation than Ethiopia invade Somalia constantly since mid 90s? Somalis are at fault but so is Ethiopias goverment. And I do wish their downfall, I will make dua every night so their goverment crumbles and their nation disintigrates. A Somali who bootyclaps to Ethiopians is a fuckin traitor to his ppl and nation, I dont give a shit that they are cushites or what ever you are calling them these days. If I had fighter jets I would be bombing Addis Ababa, sxb what goes around comes around.

If we had fixed our shit some years back, this would have been a perfect opportunity to support separatist movements like the oromo and somali, and even the tigray.

Opportunities like this come by every 10 years in Ethiopia.

Lets ready ourselves for the 2029 one.:francis:

2029, ina adeer give more info please?

so what the hell was that habahsi thinking?

so you kill the leaders of ahmaara region and take it over, then what? face the Ethiopian federal troops with billions in dollars in military aide money alone?

was he on suicide mission as the chances of this working out was nil

what happens after you take over ahmaria region? then what?

failure to planning ot planning to fail, he did not strategise,

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Looks like they got him.
:mjcry:
I can confirm that phone calls are still blocked as of yesterday.
That stands for National Movement of Amhara.

https://www.crisisgroup.org/africa/...lm-ethiopia-after-high-profile-assassinations
This dynamic is particularly evident in the two most populous regional states, Amhara and Oromia. In the former, the one-year-old National Movement of Amhara challenges the EPRDF's Amhara Democratic Party (ADP) by presenting itself as the standard bearer of Amhara interests. It is pressing territorial claims on neighbouring Tigray region and asserting that it would stop the “persecution” of Amharas living outside Amhara state. In the case of Oromia region, leaders of a formerly exiled insurgency, the Oromo Liberation Front, returned in September 2018 amid joyous demonstrations, and on the understanding they would continue its struggle for Oromo rights and autonomy through peaceful and democratic means. Yet since the movement’s return, the military has confronted armed groups associated with it in western Oromia.
Conflicting accounts of the killings’ aftermath have added fuel to the fire. The Prime Minister’s Office said on 23 June that authorities had detained Seare’s assassin. The following day, the Federal Police said he committed suicide just after the killing, but then amended their position to say he was in hospital injured. The confused messaging has led to theories that contest the official account. One such theory is that an Oromo-led federal government used the crisis to assert control over Amhara region, which is indicative of a brewing power struggle between Oromia and Amhara. A tactical alliance against the TPLF between parts of the Amhara and Oromia EPRDF parties was critical to bringing Abiy to office last year, but is now under strain.
Asaminew has long been a controversial figure. He was jailed along with other ex-military colleagues in 2009, allegedly for being part of the Ginbot 7 opposition group, then banned, and plotting a coup against then Prime Minister Meles Zenawi’s government. He was released in February 2018 as part of an EPRDF amnesty before Abiy became prime minister; nine months later, the ADP and the regional government appointed him security chief. His appointment was an indicator of the Amhara ruling party’s increased chauvinism and appeared to be an attempt to claw back popular support from the Amhara ethno-nationalists: Asaminew championed many of the same issues as the National Movement of Amhara and backed efforts to reclaim land that Amhara state leaders say they lost to Tigray in the early 1990s. But his appointment drove the EPRDF parties further apart, worsening the Amhara-Tigrayan territorial dispute and fuelling Amhara-Oromo tensions. Oromo leaders suspected Asaminew of ordering violence against Oromo in an administrative enclave of Amhara region in April and training local Amhara militias across the state.

As a result, federal and regional leaders increasingly considered Asaminew a liability. Ambachew, appointed in March by the regional parliament as Amhara chief, was reportedly about to fire him before being murdered. Asaminew’s death at the military’s hands, and conflicting accounts of the other assassin’s death, could further polarise the situation, particularly by sharpening discord between Amhara and Oromo. The 22 June killings confirm the dangers in handing security portfolios to hardliners like Asaminew who are ready to pander to extreme ethno-nationalists, from whichever of Ethiopia’s ethnicities.

And on Monday, over 50 people were killed in the Benishangul-Gumuz region (not to be confused with the Southern Nations and Peoples region).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benishangul-Gumuz_Region
Benishangul-Gumuz region is a small region of 1.1 million with the following demographics:
  • 25.41% Amhara
  • 21.69% Berta
  • 13.55% Oromo
  • 7.73% Shinasha
  • 4.22% Agaw-Awi
It is located just in between the Amxaaro region and the Oromo region.
1920px-Map_of_zones_of_Ethiopia.svg.png

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1TR1AL?__twitter_impression=true
Men in camouflage uniforms killed more than 50 people and injured 23 others in the Metakal zone of the Benishangul-Gumuz region early on Monday, the region's peace and security bureau head Abera Bayeta told Reuters.

"We are still investigating but we have our suspicion that those attackers might be the same people who were involved in the coup in Amhara region," he said.

Reuters was unable to independently verify his account.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

The night before the funerals in Bahir Dar, several young men told Reuters they supported Asamnew, whom they described as a defender of the Amhara people. They asked not to be named to avoid attention from the security forces.

"He (Asamnew) was creating a militia because the region was under attack. It was to protect us. People from Amhara are being killed everywhere," one said.

I was talking to an Amxaaro yesterday and he said that Asamnew Tsige (the mastermind behind this coup attempt) is a hero among them. He said that Tsige was protecting Amxaaro and that Abiy has made a huge mistake in executing him. According to him, Amxaaro are generally Abiy supporters but they are not happy about this.

He said that Meles Zenawi used Amxaaro as scapegoats for everything wrong with the country during his years as Prime Minister and that for this reason other Ethiopians hate them.

It comes with the territory of being descended from royalty, I said. My clan in Somalia has experienced the exact same treatment by bitter langaabs.

The Amxaaro said that the problem today is that everyone wants to be equal. Everyone thinks that they can lead.

I told him that this is not the natural state of things. We shook hands and agreed that it is better for us all to return to our traditions with Amxaaro ruling in Ethiopia and Majeerteen in Somalia.

I was talking to an Amxaaro yesterday and he said that Asamnew Tsige (the mastermind behind this coup attempt) is a hero among them. He said that Tsige was protecting Amxaaro and that Abiy has made a huge mistake in executing him. According to him, Amxaaro are generally Abiy supporters but they are not happy about this.

He said that Meles Zenawi used Amxaaro as scapegoats for everything wrong with the country during his years as Prime Minister and that for this reason other Ethiopians hate them.

It comes with the territory of being descended from royalty, I said. My clan in Somalia has experienced the exact same treatment by bitter langaabs.

The Amxaaro said that the problem today is that everyone wants to be equal. Everyone thinks that they can lead.

I told him that this is not the natural state of things. We shook hands and agreed that it is better for us all to return to our traditions with Amxaaro ruling in Ethiopia and Majeerteen in Somalia.

You found a soulmate miyaa?
:mjlol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending