Could this be the worst Vogue cover ever?

Do you agree

• Yes

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • I don't know, I'll never know

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
zu3tujkkvmb81.jpg

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Welcome back @Lostbox , sxb we've been longing for your return here.
You went AWOL on us.
And just like that you reappeared on the surface like a Messiah.
Couldn't be more than glad to have your reception. Despite our differences of perspectives. It's refreshing to see old faces.

As to answer the polls you've listed above, @Lostbox
I don't see flaws in regards to the magazine's cover. In all honesty this is a wonderful combination of models of different nationalities within the continent.
I would be disappointed if these agencies had aimed for models who altered their melaneted skin to be featured on the cover. That would definitely undermine the representation of African beauty.
As you know in today's society and even within the Somalis themselves , due to peer pressure there are certain aspects of negativity that are deep rooted because they
are adapting the norms of conformism thanks to the over representations of fair skinned
as they are considered the beauty standards.
That impacts and undermines the nationalities worldwide that have different skin pigmentation , as they are forced to appropriate this mentality imposed on them.

These women are not only spectacular models, they are beyond that so let me reverse and direct this question back to the commentator
why would anyone make it seem rather intricate.

I don't see nothing wrong , so I respectfully disagree.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
@Siren95 why the dislike,am just stating a obvious question
It's really weird and sad how nobody questions how much cadaans have pushed their hair onto madows. It's considered unprofessional to have even a short, manageable afro in many corporate work places, last I checked. Nobody really questions how absurd it is that these madow women feel compelled to walk around in ridiculous wigs or hot iron their hair straight.

Why are black women only targeted when it comes to this? The Middle East is notorious for nose corrective surgeries, Asian women at least once in their lives don that cringy white blonde do and remove their double eyelids, skin lightening products are highly sought out in South/East Asia, the Middle East, South America and so on, yet black women are always targeted, why?

Why are black women only targeted when it comes to this? The Middle East is notorious for nose corrective surgeries, Asian women at least once in their lives don that cringy white blonde do and remove their double eyelids, skin lightening products are highly sought out in South/East Asia, the Middle East, South America and so on, yet black women are always targeted, why?
I don’t know. It’s disturbing. They’re always the target of something. Especially dark skinned black women.

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
You're a racist and a bigot and you should feel ashamed of yourself.

I am

Abdi "Mbungo" Gaaldoon

I don’t know. It’s disturbing. They’re always the target of something. Especially dark skinned black women.

The women in the groups I mentioned haven't gone through the trauma black women have, at least they are closer to the white ideal, black women were hit the hardest, why go out of your way to target them? I don't get it.

K-M-O

Somali.
I didn’t like it when you said why not their real hair. White women that have got covers on vogue have lip fillers, wigs, tan, fake body parts ect but black women get crucified for not wearing their real hair texture
originality>>fakery

stop being triggered.

Exactly no one calls out other races they only ever focus on black women. East Asians are notorious for hating their own features and you have both Middle Eastern women and East Asians butchering their features to look.

Trending