Could someone give me the origin of Somalis?

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
Around 1200 A.D., Somali people appeared in southern Ethiopia and then migrated into northern Kenya 150 years later. They then gradually moved north and occupied the Horn of Africa.
For centuries, parts of the Horn of Africa were under Egyptian rule. By the 10th century, most Somalis had already converted to Islam. Arabs shifted their interest towards the coasts of Somalia and across the Indian Ocean. By the 13th century, Mogadishu was the epicenter of flourishing trade routes on the East African coast. By the 18th century, Somalis were the dominant ethnic group on the Horn of Africa.
U realize we were trading in 200-1760- in axum times in roman empire persian empire we wasnt muslim back then we were just waaq ppl doing their thing and we accepted islam since it was so close to waaq religion so no we didnt appear from south ethiopia out of sudden we migrated from nile river in sudan then came to north somalia migrating south replacing somali hunter gathers we were here for like 10 thousands years

Invader

πŸ‘ΎpΚ…ΙΉoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ Ζƒuα΄‰ΚŒα΄‰Κ…πŸ‘Ύ
U realize we were trading in 200-1760- in axum times in roman empire persian empire we wasnt muslim back then we were just waaq ppl doing their thing and we accepted islam since it was so close to waaq religion so no we didnt appear from south ethiopia out of sudden we migrated from nile river in sudan then came to north somalia migrating south replacing somali hunter gathers we were here for like 10 thousands years
We also mixed with the Amazigh's ancestors.

whats the joke ive never heard of somalis destroying their own cultural artifacts or erasing history so im geniunely interested in this
Dude forget about artifacts, these niggas erased their own HISTORY and claimed Ayrab Bedouins engendered them.

It's been discussed here but from what I read we are a mix of pre-dynastic Egyptians + ancient proto-Nilote/Sudanese + ancient indigenous Somali hunter gatherers. No Berber ancestry, we're closer to Egyptian Arabic speakers/Copts.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
like what and do u have any sources on this

It is mostly my family on both sides that have told me this.

And they are from two different tribes dad mj mom isaaq and still the very same story.

We practice oral traditions meaning passing it down from gen to gen in a form of a story or a poem

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Not only that, they killed and displaced the other Kushitic people who refused to accept it such as the Rendilles and others.

Yeah that was also the moment the the caste system got fucked up for the rendilles and others.

Proto Somalis migrated from Sudan to Somalia 3000 years ago. Proto Somalis were the result of pre-dynastic Egyptians mixing in with Nilotic populations and additional admixture with indigenous hunter-gatherer groups once they reached Somalia.

Most modern Somalis originated in Sanaag about a thousand years ago. Specifically, Gadabuursi, Cisse, Bilmaal, Isaaq, Darood, and Habar Gidir. Other clans such as Raxanweyn and most Hawiye clans have been in the south for 2000 years.

Proto Somalis migrated from Sudan to Somalia 3000 years ago. Proto Somalis were the result of pre-dynastic Egyptians mixing in with Nilotic populations and additional admixture with indigenous hunter-gatherer groups once they reached Somalia.

Most modern Somalis originated in Sanaag about a thousand years ago. Specifically, Gadabuursi, Cisse, Bilmaal, Isaaq, Darood, and Habar Gidir. Other clans such as Raxanweyn and most Hawiye clans have been in the south for 2000 years.
Yeah, and Hitler is proto Somali

This is 160,000 years continuity, show me the pre-dynastic Egyptians or Nilotic continuity.

1598802009182.png

1598802023160.png

1598802035667.png

Trending

Latest posts