Could someone give me the origin of Somalis?

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
I was wondering how we came from Nilotes/Berbers if that's even true.

Last edited:

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
@Apollo you say we don't have Arab blood.

Please tell me what we are then:mjpls:
Around 1200 A.D., Somali people appeared in southern Ethiopia and then migrated into northern Kenya 150 years later. They then gradually moved north and occupied the Horn of Africa.
For centuries, parts of the Horn of Africa were under Egyptian rule. By the 10th century, most Somalis had already converted to Islam. Arabs shifted their interest towards the coasts of Somalia and across the Indian Ocean. By the 13th century, Mogadishu was the epicenter of flourishing trade routes on the East African coast. By the 18th century, Somalis were the dominant ethnic group on the Horn of Africa.

Invader

Around 1200 A.D., Somali people appeared in southern Ethiopia and then migrated into northern Kenya 150 years later. They then gradually moved north and occupied the Horn of Africa.
For centuries, parts of the Horn of Africa were under Egyptian rule. By the 10th century, most Somalis had already converted to Islam. Arabs shifted their interest towards the coasts of Somalia and across the Indian Ocean. By the 13th century, Mogadishu was the epicenter of flourishing trade routes on the East African coast. By the 18th century, Somalis were the dominant ethnic group on the Horn of Africa.
1200 AD beenta iska jooji.

Samaale lived long before that.

Somali Hannibal

I stay solo cruising
Slide the information

Invader

hmm, ok so the jews wrote about somalis a longgg time ago. We also traded with the Egyptians. Also, look at the caves in Hargeisa isn't that proof enough lol
Yes but they were Proto-Cushites.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
People in Adal/Ifat identified as Muslims not Somali that's why. Proto-Somalis have existed much longer
yea because there was no such thing as "somali" back then. you just knew your people. same way there was no such thing as "black" until the colonizers came. Im pretty sure somalis were called berbers or something by the arabs

According to an autosomal DNA study by Hodgson et al. (2014), the Afro-Asiatic languages were likely spread across Africa and the Near East by an ancestral population(s) carrying a newly identified non-African genetic component, which the researchers dub the "Ethio-Somali". This Ethio-Somali component is today most common among Afro-Asiatic-speaking populations in the Horn of Africa. It reaches a frequency peak among ethnic Somalis, representing the majority of their ancestry. The Ethio-Somali component is most closely related to the Maghrebi non-African genetic component, and is believed to have diverged from all other non-African ancestries at least 23,000 years ago. On this basis, the researchers suggest that the original Ethio-Somali carrying population(s) probably arrived in the pre-agricultural period from the Near East, having crossed over into northeastern Africa via the Sinai Peninsula. The population then likely split into two branches, with one group heading westward toward the Maghreb and the other moving south into the Horn.[235] Ancient DNA analysis indicates that this foundational ancestry in the Horn region is akin to that of the Neolithic farmers of the southern Levant.[236]

"The African Ethiopic ancestry is tightly restricted to HOA populations and likely represents an autochthonous HOA population. The non-African ancestry in the HOA, which is primarily attributed to a novel Ethio-Somali inferred ancestry component, is significantly differentiated from all neighboring non-African ancestries in North Africa, the Levant, and Arabia.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
From what i have gathered is that modern day somalis descend from one of the most ancient peoples in the world.

We do have an admixture that is quite old.

All ancient civilisations in our vicinity have either traded with us or had relations with us.

Our ancestors go back to " the first civilisations" on earth.

If you look at it from the foreign perspective, the first Egyptian dynasties had not only relations with us they actually claimed our ancestry.

If our ancestors didn't erase our history to give islam a fighting chance (in which they succeeded) we would have had artifacts to showcase ( or the colonials to showcase).

The brits have an very early stone age tool recovered from somaliland that is either the oldest stone age artifact or amongst the oldest. This alone proves that we are hella old.

I hope you find this information useful bro

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
From what i have gathered is that modern day somalis descend from one of the most ancient peoples in the world.

We do have an admixture that is quite old.

All ancient civilisations in our vicinity have either traded with us or had relations with us.

Our ancestors go back to " the first civilisations" on earth.

If you look at it from the foreign perspective, the first Egyptian dynasties had not only relations with us they actually claimed our ancestry.

If our ancestors didn't erase our history to give islam a fighting chance (in which they succeeded) we would have had artifacts to showcase ( or the colonials to showcase).

The brits have an very early stone age tool recovered from somaliland that is either the oldest stone age artifact or amongst the oldest. This alone proves that we are hella old.

I hope you find this information useful bro
how did theyy erase our history

Trending

Latest posts