Could Ethiopia defeat Somalia without Soviet Union aid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Boqor ethiopia is quite these days have you noticed? mind you somalia is not even powerful or even influential, yet the ethiopians are soo damn quite and its like why? Soon enough they'll be asked to justify their stay and they wont be able to. Soon enough arms embargo will be lifted and we will get decent weapons. We on our way up.

Bro I know they were muslim but I don't know if they were salafis

ONLF is not fighting for a religious cause but for politics, UWSLF was a branch of al itihad and was stamped as a terrorist group, even ONLF was fighting against them and eventually defeated them at the end.

I think if ONLF start fighting for the sake of Allah and not land this will empower them and give them much more victory, but they are scared of being painted as a terror group.

How would you think this would turn out in?
Wouldn't you be scared if puntland was painted as a terrorist state?

ONLF is not fighting for a religious cause but for politics, UWSLF was a branch of al itihad and was stamped as a terrorist group, even ONLF was fighting against them and eventually defeated them at the end.

How would you think this would turn out in?
Wouldn't you be scared if puntland was painted as a terrorist state?

And that's why it will never be successful.

Walaal are you a Muslim or another sspot atheist?

Puntland is not currently being occupied by non-Muslim non-somali savages, if they was I wouldn't be sat on sspot talking about terrorist states sxb.

And that's why it will never be successful.

Walaal are you a Muslim or another sspot atheist?

Puntland is not currently being occupied by non-Muslim non-somali savages, if they was I wouldn't be sat on sspot talking about terrorist states sxb.
Tell me with all the terrorism that is going through the world, how would that be successful?
I am a muslim alx, but unlike you im a long sighted and im not a terrorist sympathizer as you are.

Puntland is as puppet as DDSI and Somaliland is, it is held by corrupt somali politicians who takes direct orders from addis ababa.

Tell me with all the terrorism that is going through the world, how would that be successful?
I am a muslim alx, but unlike you im a long sighted and im not a terrorist sympathizer as you are.

Puntland is as puppet as DDSI and Somaliland is, it is held by corrupt somali politicians who takes direct orders from addis ababa.

All the things happening in Ogadenia and your mind and tongue are on Puntland :uCkf6mf:

And it's funny you say long sighted, how many more women are going to be raped, men killed, kids jailed and starved to death in this long term vision of yours? The answer for Ogadenia is in the Quran and Sunnah sxb not in the UN or waiting for the next Mareexaan leader. :O27GWRK:

All the things happening in Ogadenia and your mind and tongue are on Puntland :uCkf6mf:

And it's funny you say long sighted, how many more women are going to be raped, men killed, kids jailed and starved to death in this long term vision of yours? The answer for Ogadenia is in the Quran and Sunnah sxb not in the UN or waiting for the next Mareexaan leader. :O27GWRK:
Just admit that you suck at politics sxb, you are here suggesting ONLF to fight for a religous war and we know what the religous card has done to somalia, its one of the reasons for why somalia gets daily bombings.

The funny thing is that while you blame all those accusations on us, your weak puntland is raping and shooting girls on their private parts, executing innocent minority people who have no power and have even worse starvations.

I can post so many videos on how DDSI saved its people from the latest famine but i dont want to waste my time on someone who don't even know what politic is.

You just came in here and shitted on an interesting thread with your nonsense.

UWSLF ceased to exist in 2010.

We must not forget that Somali army controlled most of Ogaden in 1977 but Ethiopia Air Force controlled the skies. You can not win a war if your enemy has air superiority.

Just admit that you suck at politics sxb, you are here suggesting ONLF to fight for a religous war and we know what the religous card has done to somalia, its one of the reasons for why somalia gets daily bombings.

The funny thing is that while you blame all those accusations on us, your weak puntland is raping and shooting girls on their private parts, executing innocent minority people who have no power and have even worse starvations.

I can post so many videos on how DDSI saved its people from the latest famine but i dont want to waste my time on someone who don't even know what politic is.

You just came in here and shitted on an interesting thread with your nonsense.

Again you are talking about Puntland, wallahi caagdheers wa dameero la hawla walla quwatta illa billah

I just stated what the Ethiopian regime and it's coons are doing to Ogaden people and you somehow managed to switch it around to Puntland, you have a disease my friend. May Allah cure you.

And all other wars other than a religious one are a waste of time.

Ibn 'Umar said (to the man), "Do you know what is meant by afflictions? Let your mother bereave you! Muhammad used to fight against the pagans, for a Muslim was put to trial in his religion. His fighting was not like your fighting which is carried on for the sake of ruling."

UWSLF ceased to exist in 2010.

We must not forget that Somali army controlled most of Ogaden in 1977 but Ethiopia Air Force controlled the skies. You can not win a war if your enemy has air superiority.
Somalia captured Ethiopians notorious jet fighter, Soviet and cubans pilots were flying for the ethiopian army and thats why they were better on the skies than us.

Again you are talking about Puntland, wallahi caagdheers wa dameero la hawla walla quwatta illa billah

I just stated what the Ethiopian regime and it's coons are doing to Ogaden people and you somehow managed to switch it around to Puntland, you have a disease my friend. May Allah cure you.

And all other wars other than a religious one are a waste of time.

Ibn 'Umar said (to the man), "Do you know what is meant by afflictions? Let your mother bereave you! Muhammad used to fight against the pagans, for a Muslim was put to trial in his religion. His fighting was not like your fighting which is carried on for the sake of ruling."
It seems like you dont like to hear the shame of your own doings, why accuse another man of what you yourself are doing?
the dameer between me and you is clearly seen here, your shit at politics.

Why wouldn't i switch to puntland when they are doing the exact same thing?
Answer me this question, why did puntland use to hand over ONLF fighters to Ethiopia?

Yeah lets all believe the ethiopian

Actually no because unlike today in those days ethiopia didn't have somali attack dogs such as liyuu police who could capture and hold territory whilst ethiopian army imprison villagers, rape their women to death, bury wells and kill livestock forcing a famine whilst the whole world turns a blind eye and human rights council writes a report stating such transgression against somali people once every 5 years or so.

Somalis in those believed they had a brotherly nation armed to the teeth nearby that simply would not tolerate such a transgressons. When you have somalis believing that, its easier to fight and they would put a crazy resistance which ethiopia would never be able to stamp out.

Futhermore even if Ethiopia managed to regain its stability and stop political turmoil at best the most they could force from the somali army would have been to withdraw from "ethiopian" ethiopia because we was only 40miles away from your capital addis. Look if you cant take over eritrea what makes you think you can take on the somali army plus hundreds of thousands of volunteers from somali galbeed?

Look my raw meat eating friend that dam your threatening us with can be is nothing, we are not egyptian who are 1000's miles away. We can walk on foot to that damn and destroy it lool
If everything you say is true than why are Somalis fleeing to Ethiopia on foot, being housed and aided by the government? Why are poverty rates lower in the Somali region than in Somalia? Why are more educated Somalis coming out of the region than the entirety of Somalia? For people who brag about conquering land and etc you sure like to complain about your dividends.

At the end of the day it's not like you would even accept the people if they were to return.
Ps the dam will be used irrigate large swathes of the Somali region.

We should not forget Somali troops remained in Ogaden until 1980.

According my sources, WSLF insurgency was fighting Derg until 1989.

WSLF was a very strong guerrilla, I can not understand the reasons of its failure in Ogaden conflict.

Last edited:
If everything you say is true than why are Somalis fleeing to Ethiopia on foot, being housed and aided by the government? Why are poverty rates lower in the Somali region than in Somalia? Why are more educated Somalis coming out of the region than the entirety of Somalia? For people who brag about conquering land and etc you sure like to complain about your dividends.

At the end of the day it's not like you would even accept the people if they were to return.
Ps the dam will be irrigate large swathes of the Somali region.

Dont give me tigrey and abdi iley propaganda. I have never heard of somalis being housed by ethiopian government looooool. Ethiopia literally sells street children to churches and adoption agencies for peanuts, how can such rag tag piss poor government house and aid somali looooooooooooooooool. The only somali that leave somalia to go to ethiopia are the ones who are on their way to libya. Mind you thousands upon thousands of ethiopians make their way to libya too. The so called "education" you provide is only useful in libyan prisons. Wait how you talking like your a european tier welfare state? loool. the longer we have peace the more somalis will return, however somalis in occupied galbeed must maintain their presence their.

That dam best be useful for us because we are not egypt. We can reach it by foot

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
The dam would help Somali region, particularly Afder and Gode Zones agricultural sector. It will irrigate thousands of hectares -- that is a good thing. Just make sure you fight against invading hordes of highlanders claiming your new found green pasture.

Downstream to proper Somalia, a whole different story. There will be times the Shabelle River does not flow.

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
It seems like you dont like to hear the shame of your own doings, why accuse another man of what you yourself are doing?
the dameer between me and you is clearly seen here, your shit at politics.

Why wouldn't i switch to puntland when they are doing the exact same thing?
Answer me this question, why did puntland use to hand over ONLF fighters to Ethiopia?
Puntland iyo DDSI maxay kala yihin? Walaalo dhaqan iyo dalasho wadaago weyaan. Walahi aniga wey ii simanyihin cadoowga ha isu jilicina

Jijiga battle (1978) was a decisive one. If Somali army defeated Cubans and Ethiopians, They would have won the war.

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
Jijigia was a small town in 1978. It may very well have been a decisive victory for Somalis, but, Dira Dawa, second largest city in Ethiopia then and now, would have been a prize for Somalis to capture and a devastating blow to Ethiopia's war effort. The fight was vicious, merciless and essentially house to house and hand to hand combat. It reminded you of WWII footage of when bullets ran out, bayonets and military grade knives were employed to neutralize the enemy.

upload_2018-1-11_8-12-4.png

Jijiga battle in 1978 changed Somalia history.

SNA could defeat Ethiopia, but Cubans, South Yemenis and Soviet advisers won the war.

We only had Ogaden in our possession twice in history. Under Mussolini from 1935 to 1939 and then under Barre from 1977 to 1980.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts