Cost of living in turkey is cheaper than hargeisa

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You

Living in turkey is so cheap when you consider Turkey is a first world/ developed country. Living in the capital city Ankara for ex can be cheaper than living in hargeisa. A lot of middle class somalis from back home have relocated to Turkey. I know some families from Djibouti who did it and feel more well-off than living back home. For those who are planning to marry from back home but would rather raise your family in a developed Muslim country that's inexpensive, then Turkey is where it's at and there's a sizeable Somali community there.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Yup I am in Turkey now Its cheaper rent and cost of living with much better infrastructure. I can see myself living here for the forseeable future down the line. Its perfect.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP

Living in turkey is so cheap when you consider Turkey is a first world/ developed country. Living in the capital city Ankara for ex can be cheaper than living in hargeisa. A lot of middle class somalis from back home have relocated to Turkey. I know some families from Djibouti who did it and feel more well-off than living back home. For those who are planning to marry from back home but would rather raise your family in a developed Muslim country that's inexpensive, then Turkey is where it's at and there's a sizeable Somali community there.
Yeah but the only problem with this is if they feel like you tryna take over. They will misstreat you

Too much imports?

But even rent and housing/electricity is inflated. Worst medical care and it’s also more expensive
Yes, that. 80% of Somalias food, supplies and everything of that sort is imported at an inflated price when everything can be sourced at home for insanely cheap, and would give people jobs.

Now u know why we need a strong government and stability and Not these private business owners or these small tribal states with no money.
We need to industrial Somalia. The reason for the imports is because of very very expensive electricity and very very poor infrastructure. Imagine mains cities in Somalia don’t even have roads except some parts

A8683B46-8D97-4A1F-B567-D6C6ECCF0034.jpeg

Solution:
1) Putting offshore wind farms around the coast of Puntland and Somaliland and put inland windpower around Berbera. One windpower plant can go up to $800million. These project can cost more than $15bn
2) Also install solar power throughout Somalia
3) Also import cheap electricity from Ethiopia
By doing this, we will have surplus of electricity meaning cheap electricity. Now we talking about business.😎

Why are somali countries so utterly overpriced?
Hyperinflation caused by remittances money. There’s tons of money circulating with zero economic growth, productivity or any sort of backing associated with it. A friend was telling me how expensive things cost there, most things are almost the same prices as the west. It’s an economy that’s guaranteed to fail inevitably and tbh I can’t say I care all that much. You’d think decades of remittance and foreign aid would assist at least 50% of the population to stabilize with jobs or businesses.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Why are somali countries so utterly overpriced?
Greed and there's 0 regulation in alot of areas electricity, real estate etc

If electricity was cheap shops,restaurants you name it would be able to lower their prices but the electricity is owned by businessmen and not the government

One thing I noticed in xamar, and it’s probably the same in other cities, is the constant consumerism. From the middle classes to the poorest everyone is buying something. A drink from the shop, ice cream, food at a maqaayad. There are no fridges for vast majority. White middle class do grocery shopping once and go without spending a week or two. Somalis can’t last an hour.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
One thing I noticed in xamar, and it’s probably the same in other cities, is the constant consumerism. From the middle classes to the poorest everyone is buying something. A drink from the shop, ice cream, food at a maqaayad. There are no fridges for vast majority. White middle class do grocery shopping once and go without spending a week or two. Somalis can’t last an hour.
one thing I find odd is that people be driving a big jeep or a nice car than go up to the homeless kids to wash the car for em than they back on the road 30 minutes later the car is dusty again because of the dusty roads and terrain

same with shoes people be lining up to get their shiny shoes polished and again minutes later the shoes are dirty and dusty

one thing I find odd is that people be driving a big jeep or a nice car than go up to the homeless kids to wash the car 30 minutes later the car is dusty again because of the dusty roads and terrain

same with shoes people be lining up to get their shiny shoes polished and again minutes later the shoes are dirty and dusty
Car maintenance is easily 20+ dollars a day, from washes, to punctures, to overpriced diluted petrol, and corrupt officers. And even the little kids, once they have the money you’ll see them spending it. I don’t think there is a saving culture over there.

Trending

Latest posts