Compare Somalia to South Sudan?

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Somalia's budget 2020

Somalia Approves US $459 Million Budget For 2020 .

https://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2019/Nov/165998/somalia_approves_us_459_million_budget_for_2020.aspx

South Sudan lawmakers approve 1.6 bln USD budget for 2020.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-08/22/c_138327137.htm

Game over.

@AussieHustler what's got in your head , walaal

You can't compare the two , South Sudan maybe a wreck due to ongoing civil wars but over the years things are improving economically and the world backs Salva Kiir despite Nuer fierce resistance the country is getting back on its knees.

Meanwhile shithead zoomaalis aren't keen of centralised governance thus arguing with their government officials over dusty war torn villages is a common let alone to have resources for natural disasters like the one taking place in Beledweyne.
We aren't a sophisticated bunch not even able to irrigate a canal or build dam to prevent flooding
Were are not able or capable to provide 2 million of our citizens suffering from famine
Because we have little regards of human nature , it's the tribalism that's overwhelming the majority thus we are careless and selfish .

We lost touch with reality so yeah its delusional
Comparing a country wether it's a war wreck or poverty stricken nation with Somalia is an absolute joke .

Last edited:

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
@AussieHustler what's got in your head , walaal

You can't compare the two , South Sudan maybe a wreck due to ongoing civil wars but over the years things are improving economically and the world backs Salva Kiir despite Nuer fierce resistance the country is getting back on its knees.

Meanwhile shithead zoomaalis aren't keen of centralised governance thus arguing with their government officials over dusty war torn villages is a common let alone to have resources for natural disasters like the one taking place in Beledweyne.
We aren't a sophisticated bunch not even able to irrigate a canal or build dam to prevent flooding
Were are not able or capable to provide 2 million of our citizens suffering from famine
Because we have little regards of human nature , it's the tribalism that's overwhelming the majority thus we are careless and selfish .

We lost touch with reality so yeah its delusional
Comparing a country wether it's a war wreck or poverty stricken nation with Somalia is an absolute joke .

The annual gdp of a nation doesn't indicate the wealth however, we wonder the natural resources in our country can generate wealth and not beg the WHO for expired rice and grains

But someone's ignorance is another man's blessing

Politicians are exploiting us from left and right

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
I believe we are light years behind from Africa let alone catching up with devoloped countries , maybe in 2120 our vision might come to reality

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
@Abdi Hanson

what are Somaliland and Puntland’s annual budgets?

A secessionist and an autonamous state combined might outweigh us and our tarnished reputation might bring us to shambles

Its a shame that they're also a fragile economy despite the methods of maintaining economic stability , Somaliland is suffering from unemployment due to nepotism
Puntland is a different chapter but the same can be applied
Both semi governments might have a better functionality than Mogadishu
But the scarcity in the region led to private sectors filling that gap taking full advantage of the system meanwhile it's overall majority are suffering from poverty , corruption on a mass scale regardless of tribal affiliations

Wether the two have a higher gdp it doesn't mean that it indicates or measures the success rate

Both are insignificant to this factor neither contributing to the economy or Somalia in general

Our currency is basically worthless and gets even rubbish when we print out more , in this department we lack the means to solidify the national value , our central bank is basically working in a rigid system leading to dysfunctionality
The fluctuations of hyperinflation are affecting us on a mass scale , the usage of dollars has created a vacuum of worthlessness
Mobile banking networks and money remittances are the main culprits

Today if there weren't somalis abroad sending money back , we would havie an apocalypse just imagine that

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
If we were to combat this ,
Overcome these obstacles hindering our economic growth, we must tackle tribalists and their enclaves

It's a fact and indeed they're solemly responsible for our demise
And why our current government is incompetent to deter this threat

Regardless of division we must sit on the same table and discuss this matter it's the people who suffer as long as we're not going to have a civilised dialogue

Old figures will continue to say somalia is booming and prospering
Lying to the world .

What they suggest is nothing
but an extreme contradiction when thousands are fleeing on a daily basis
en-route via tahriib
for economic purposes and a better life

What are the main factors that led to
fleeing from the country epidemic when majority of these people come from autonamous regions whom are peaceful than the current capital

It's time that we are sincerely honest

@Abdi Hanson

Sxb, I can't find Somaliland's budget for 2020, maybe it hasn't been passed yet, but their 2019 was U.S$233 Million.

Meanwhile, I couldn't find Puntland's budget, maybe it's not worth the paper it should be written on it.

If you add it all up, it is far, far less than the budget of South Sudan.

These people fight day in and day out that my tuulo is better than yours. A fallen nation.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Apparently oil does that. It's not exactly surprising it'd be the same for Somalia if we started exporting it.

Sudan is one of the most oil-dependent countries in the world, with oil accounting for almost the totality of exports, and more than 40% of its gross domestic product (GDP). The country’s GDP per capita in 2014 was $1,111 dropping to less than $200 in 2017.

https://www.worldbank.org/en/country/southsudan/overview

Apparently oil does that. It's not exactly surprising it'd be the same for Somalia if we started exporting it.

Sudan is one of the most oil-dependent countries in the world, with oil accounting for almost the totality of exports, and more than 40% of its gross domestic product (GDP). The country’s GDP per capita in 2014 was $1,111 dropping to less than $200 in 2017.

https://www.worldbank.org/en/country/southsudan/overview

@Yukon_Niner

Who do you want me to compare somalia with? Burundi with half the population of Somalia has double the budget of Somalia without natural resources. Do you want it compare to Haiti? It has triple the budget of Somalia. Guys, if you keep defending this kind of a shitty country better come up with convincing arguments, or otherwise, become a critic and demand that we deserve better than this. Youkon is politically invested with the government of Somalia, but sometimes, I feel embarrassed on his behalf.

Burundi raises 2019/20 spending by 8%, finance minister says

NAIROBI, May 30 (Reuters) - Burundi will boost spending by 8% to 1.5 trillion francs ($824.84 million) in its 2019/20 (July-June) fiscal year, as the government ramps up expenditure on healthcare and farming, the finance minister said late on Wednesday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/bur...ding-by-8-finance-minister-says-idUSL8N23568S

Do they have resources?

Do you want to know what Haiti's budget is? You and the Somali pride contingent might have a stroke if I publish it here.The budget of my local council is three times more than that of Somalia and it's core job is to repair footpaths, remove rubbish and maintenance of side streets and vegetation. Some stuff are indefensible and this is one of it.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
@Yukon_Niner

Who do you want me to compare somalia with? Burundi with half the population of Somalia has double the budget of Somalia without natural resources. Do you want it compare to Haiti? It has triple the budget of Somalia. Guys, if you keep defending this kind of a shitty country better come up with convincing arguments, or otherwise, become a critic and demand that we deserve better than this. Youkon is politically invested with the government of Somalia, but sometimes, I feel embarrassed on his behalf.

Burundi raises 2019/20 spending by 8%, finance minister says

NAIROBI, May 30 (Reuters) - Burundi will boost spending by 8% to 1.5 trillion francs ($824.84 million) in its 2019/20 (July-June) fiscal year, as the government ramps up expenditure on healthcare and farming, the finance minister said late on Wednesday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/bur...ding-by-8-finance-minister-says-idUSL8N23568S

Do they have resources?

Do you want to know what Haiti's budget is? You and the Somali pride contingent might have a stroke if I publish it here.The budget of my local council is three times more than that of Somalia and it's core job is to repair footpaths, remove rubbish and maintenance of side streets and vegetation. Some stuff are indefensible and this is one of it.
And Burundi also has a higher GDP than South Sudan. Turns out peace gets you a long way doesn't it? I'm not defending it, I just have no idea what point you're making other than "Somalia is shitty" which all the users here know pretty well. You're not really getting anyone to demand anything here, you're better off posting charities that actually help out in Somalia.

I'm invested in the Somali government? Come on now Aussie try push more believable bullshit. Aside from occasionally checking the Somali politics section here to see what's going on I don't do anything else. Speaking of unbelievable bullshit how do you expect to make a difference on a random Somali forum? I mean you could post charities, provide business ideas or advice or even find schemes other users here might want to invest in but here you are posting something we could practically guess correct. A war-torn country with oil has a bigger budget and a country who's civil war ended more than a decade ago also has an even bigger budget, who could've known.

You genuinely are the most antagonistic user here and what's worse is you berate anyone who doesn't follow your narrative for what seems like your own ego and sense of righteousness.

The UK has a an economy larger than a load of African countries combined yet you don't see anyone here harping on about how poor the whole continent is without a solution. It's indefensible, we all know about it and no one spend their time making posts about how it's game over for Africa. On the contrary you occasionally like to post about the good parts of Africa and use it on your Vendetta against users who support some sort of semblance of improvement in Somalia. Post something of substance instead of creating a thread to stroke your own ego in a circlejerk about how bad Somalia is.

Also on the topic of charities these are two I really recommend donating to. I've seen what save the children has done and I have to say it really is an amazing charity, I've occasionally donated if I had money to burn. I haven't seen what the elamn peace org has done personally but it's helped women, children and men in Somalia get an education or job and their help towards women has been extraordinary.

http://elmanpeace.org

https://www.savethechildren.net (they're currently covering the floods in the beledweyne and bakool region of Somalia)

@Yukon_Niner

We are on the same page, you admitted that Burundi is doing far better than Somalia and even hinted though you didn't openly admit here that Haiti is doing better than Somalia and concluded the reason is that Somalia is at war for many years, so whose fault is it? Why can't Somaliland and Puntland economically advance with tens of thousands of it's people in the diaspora with good qualifications and the potential to invest back? The problem is that our infatuation with all things tribal has led to those in power become the most corrupt and no one trusts them with anything. We don't Elect officials on merit on,, but on sub-sub clan level and if they suddenly didn't enrich themselves with corruption, they will be viewed as failurues. We are a nation of corrupt people. Let us deal with the facts.

Real people criticise their governments but your bar of achievement is far too low that as long as millions aren't dying, you are happy with the situation. We come from two kinds of mindsets. A country can't survive of being resuscitated by foreigners. It is time to sell that cursed country.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
@Yukon_Niner

We are on the same page, you admitted that Burundi is doing far better than Somalia and even hinted though you didn't openly admit here that Haiti is doing better than Somalia and concluded the reason is that Somalia is at war for many years, so whose fault is it? Why can't Somaliland and Puntland economically advance with tens of thousands of it's people in the diaspora with good qualifications and the potential to invest back? The problem is that our infatuation with all things tribal has led to those in power become the most corrupt and no one trusts them with anything. We don't Elect officials on merit on,, but on sub-sub clan level and if they suddenly didn't enrich themselves with corruption, they will be viewed as failurues. We are a nation of corrupt people. Let us deal with the facts.

Real people criticise their governments but your bar of achievement is far too low that as long as millions aren't dying, you are happy with the situation. We come from two kinds of mindsets. A country can't survive of being resuscitated by foreigners. It is time to sell that cursed country.
Oh I actually kind of missed the bit about Haiti also you're getting the wrong ideas from what I write. I haven't hinted at anything really.

Somalia is in a civil war, there's hardly going to be any significant economic growth. Why not compare mid genocide Rwanda to South Africa after apartheid was gone. Why not compare Burundi in the middle of war to Botswana, hell why not compare Yemen in a war now to Algeria. There are understandable circumstances and you don't have to be a genius to know that. The state of Puntland and Somaliland both have their political troubles, please don't act like the user's on the politics section and talk about them as if everything is going fine and dandy.

As I said your presuming a lot about me. I think this Somali government is extremely incompetent and inept. They're only just beginning to tax their own city properly and when have I stated I'm satisfied with that low bar? As I said your on your own ego trip of righteousness. Oh and I think you'll find that cursed country and the cursed continent it's on got sold a long time ago.

Oh I actually kind of missed the bit about Haiti also you're getting the wrong ideas from what I write. I haven't hinted at anything really.

Somalia is in a civil war, there's hardly going to be any significant economic growth. Why not compare mid genocide Rwanda to South Africa after apartheid was gone. Why not compare Burundi in the middle of war to Botswana, hell why not compare Yemen in a war now to Algeria. There are understandable circumstances and you don't have to be a genius to know that. The state of Puntland and Somaliland both have their political troubles, please don't act like the user's on the politics section and talk about them as if everything is going fine and dandy.

As I said your presuming a lot about me. I think this Somali government is extremely incompetent and inept. They're only just beginning to tax their own city properly and when have I stated I'm satisfied with that low bar? As I said your on your own ego trip of righteousness. Oh and I think you'll find that cursed country and the cursed continent it's on got sold a long time ago.

@Yukon_Niner

It isn't about "righteous" it is the facts on the ground that you are sugar-coating it. People get the governments they deserve and these kind of governments is what we will always get. Many African countries have experienced wars and yet, they resolved their issues and are now sending us their soldiers as peacekeepers to Somalia. Are we animals? Admit Sxb, even animals have better I.Q than us. How could we be addicted to tribalism, vouch for our sub-sub clan brethren become president or in a higher office for him just to loot and become nepotistic and expect our country to progress? The 68 I.Q is real.

Teflon

Inactive
VIP
short answer

somalia=shittiest nation on earth

every country is better than somalia and one of the primary reasons why somaliland wants to leave so badly

Teflon

Inactive
VIP
the sad thing is that not all of somalia is in this stupid chaos and its reer nabad iyo nolol government holding everyone back in economic progress. central somalia wont be fixed and their -68iq cannot grow their own food for their gaajo bellies but have the best land in somalia

Muji

VIP
Somalia's budget 2020

Somalia Approves US $459 Million Budget For 2020 .

https://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2019/Nov/165998/somalia_approves_us_459_million_budget_for_2020.aspx

South Sudan lawmakers approve 1.6 bln USD budget for 2020.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-08/22/c_138327137.htm

Game over.

Apples and oranges. The American republicans were very keen on Sudan ever since George bush junior heard the plight of the Christian South Sudanese in darfur being forced to convert, raped and killed for oil. Somalis in the other hand...the most corrupt nation on Earth, the lowest levels of literacy, Islamic extremism, tribalism, and the longest civil war in modern times..it’s hard to ‘invest’ big in that.

South Sudan and Somalia are war-ridden shitholes, South Sudan is only different from Somalia in the sense that isn't a Muslim country. Both wars in Somalia and South Sudan are being fought out based on ethnic and tribal lines.

Teflon

Inactive
VIP
South Sudan and Somalia are war-ridden shitholes, South Sudan is only different from Somalia in the sense that isn't a Muslim country. Both wars in Somalia and South Sudan are being fought out based on ethnic and tribal lines.

south sudan is light years closer to peace than somalia. it's problem is easier to deal with than somalia

Apples and oranges. The American republicans were very keen on Sudan ever since George bush junior heard the plight of the Christian South Sudanese in darfur being forced to convert, raped and killed for oil. Somalis in the other hand...the most corrupt nation on Earth, the lowest levels of literacy, Islamic extremism, tribalism, and the longest civil war in modern times..it’s hard to ‘invest’ big in that.

You're mixing up two different conflicts, Darfuris are majority Muslim even the non-Arab tribes who live there are Muslim but they speak their own indigenous languages aside from Arabic.

The war is in the South wasn't as simple as ''Muslim Arabs vs Christian Africans'', the western media portrayed it like that for propaganda purposes whilst I do agree that there was some truth to the previous North Sudanese administrations (especially in the Omar El Bashir's era of governance) they tried to implement a strict Arab-Islamic policy on the Southern Sudanese people who weren't Arabs nor Muslim, the civil wars fought between both sides was mainly due to the oil reservations being located mainly in the South of Sudan.

I also wish Western reporters who reported on Sudanese conflicts would actually take the time to do their research and understand the different dynamics between the tribes in Sudan. You got to remember we have over 500 tribes in Sudan.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts