Colourism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually seen this in Hargeisa , bleaching is seen as a disgusting act and if a woman is seen as so much of a face mask on even Qasil (in public), rumours will spread about her bleaching 'issues' and her beauty will therefore not count as its 'artificial' , its actually kindda sad, Women avoid wearing masks in public unlike when the bleaching epidemic took hold women would go out an about, to neighbours house or whatnot with their qasil on and hair rollers visible under their qarbasar. Now ... not so much.

Light skin over there is pretty , but most likely seen by others as artificial due to bleaching
Dark skin also pretty , but usually the girls have low self esteem , because of the confidence some bleached up xalimo's have, throws the dark skin girls off.

All in All its very complex , the government horta should ban all bleaching products :fittytousand:
Whats?? You obviously never been to Hargeisa. I saw so many women wearing masks on their face in public. It was so normal and common that even my Hoyoo and sisters started wearing Qasil in public lol

Dark skin Xalimos that look like this are dimes. As long as you have nice clear smooth skin and an Inshape fit body, any Faraax should be into you:

laCedhA.jpg

images

images

Gambar

VIP
:what1:how? I am light skin but I still got called Madow because of my hair. The amount of times I heard somali girls say, they won't date light skin faarax.:ohlord: we have it worse than dark girls like you I'd say.
Wow you are light skin, skinny and tall, do you have caga dhadheer too ina adeer? :icon lol:

VixR

Veritas
I actually think even our parents' generation were colorist, and it isn't so much a diasporan young ppl living in the West thing as being cultural. Don't your parents tell you stories bc it creeps in? My mom was telling me a story about her late teenage years and phrases like "geber 'ad qorhoon" would pop up. I think to argue otherwise makes for a weak argument tbh. The fact is, it's a standard of beauty for women in our culture (as in many cultures).

:what1:how? I am light skin but I still got called Madow because of my hair. The amount of times I heard somali girls say, they won't date light skin faarax.:ohlord: we have it worse than dark girls like you I'd say.

The Whole "I want a dark skin man" movement is new. I have never heard of it all these years. People are jusy copying each other on twitter. I don't recall girls caring about a guys skincolor and if anything lightskin was seen 'hot' especially if they had green or blue eyes.

The Whole "I want a dark skin man" movement is new. I have never heard of it all these years. People are jusy copying each other on twitter. I don't recall girls caring about a guys skincolor and if anything lightskin was seen 'hot' especially if they had green or blue eyes.
I should have know it was a case of monkey see monkey do.

Ileen Ogaden rasmi ah baa tahay mashallah ina adeer.
What do fake ogadens look like? Real talk, despite all that, I am not what you'd come consider good looking. Didn't I tell you about the time I posted a picture of me and my brother on somnet and all the girls kept asking me about my brother.:birdman:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending