Colonial history: Letters From Somalia Italiana

Few letters I came across from Somalia italiana in service to common wealth and italian empire. Any more? This is related only to Somalia Somalia Italiana region.

From Jubbaland Somalia Italiana
mMi3z9s.png

From "Migertini, Somalia Italiana"
osman1.png

yali.png

Colonialism was over ages ago. Stop the obsession with colonialists.

Theyre gone. Move on.

All signs of colonialism exist in modern day Somalia. From the name of the country, the flag, to the name of the current president Farmajo. So why not report on our history with colonialism and its effect instead of white washing?

All signs of colonialism exist in modern day Somalia. From the name of the country, the flag, to the name of the current president Farmajo. So why not report on our history with colonialism and its effect instead of white washing?
It all exists in your head. And its a symptom of seccessionism. Since seccessionists claim colonial borders it develops an obsession with everything colonist. It's brings shame to us all. I would understand if it got you anywhere but it doesn't. Next thread over is about a secessionist begging* and mourning remembrance day without even being noticed by his target audience. Pridefully saying we died fighting in your wars? Like how is this not the lowest of the low?

Let it go, come up with a more respectable strategy this one hasn't worked. It's just embarrassing.

I'm actually so tired of reading it, it literally makes the whole Somali nation look lowly.

What are you trying to prove? Is there any proof that they wrote these letters? Secondly, individuals only represent themselves and don't represent a community. Since you wanted to post these letters allegedly written by these sultans, how about I post sources of the same community rebelling against the colonialists? Also in the sultanate, there were rebbelions such as the Hersi Boqor or Omar Samantar rebellion. There were guys such as Abshir dhoore who were apart of the sayids forces.

View attachment 81829
View attachment 81830
Don't be silly. All these correspondeses are document and stored in manuscript form

The history of what happened is important. Much of the gun powder(barut) and rifle requested by those sultan was used in both hoobyo and against the dervish.

And individuals in Somalia represent collective even until this day. By the way here is "Mad Mullah" letters to italy
mullah2.png

It all exists in your head. And its a symptom of seccessionism. Since seccessionists claim colonial borders it develops an obsession with everything colonist. It's brings shame to us all. I would understand if it got you anywhere but it doesn't. Next thread over is about a secessionist begging* and mourning remembrance day without being even noticed by his target audience. Pridefully saying we died fighting in your wars? Like how is this now the lowest of the low?

Let it go, come up with a more respectable strategy this one hasn't worked. It's just embarrassing.

I'm actually so tired of reading it, it literally makes the whole Somali nation look lowly.

Why are you derailing my thread :gucciwhat:

Looks like "seccissionists" live in your head rent free since that isnt even the topic of this thread

Why are you derailing my thread :gucciwhat:

Looks like "seccissionists" live in your head rent free since that isnt even the topic of this thread
Its literally all it comes down to. You and the guy in the next thread over crying about remembrance day (unnoticed) suffer from the same issue.

I'm not saying give up your seccessionism here but wallahi what youre doing with colonial obsessions is embarrassing yourselves (especially to the colonialist). Come up with a less shameful and useless strategy :manny:

Genuine advice, take it how you will. If youre mentally all there youre cringing on the low too. Youre embarrassing us all and im actually so sick of reading it.

Don't be silly. All these correspondeses are document and stored in manuscript form

The history of what happened is important. Much of the gun powder(barut) and rifle requested by those sultan was used in both hoobyo and against the dervish.

And individuals in Somalia represent collective even until this day. By the way here is "Mad Mullah" letters to italyView attachment 81831
OK and? why don't you quote the primary documents instead? prove that it did happen. This thread is stupid. Secondly, what are you trying to prove? what are your motives for posting this? Some random Sultan 100 years ago allegedly wrote a diplomatic letter for help? Is that news? and how is this qashin helpful to Somalis? If so then the man only represents himself and nobody else. Your pathetic and embarrassing, get a life.

Last edited:
Colonialism is still alive and well in africa.eg west african franc

Somalia country name is a italian name, its flag is a italian design flag, its president in 2019 has a italian name, its country borders are colonial drawn borders, its pursuing of "somaliweyn" is a COLONIAL concept "Grandé Somalia". Somalia is currently fighting Kenya over a COLONIAL made border in the sea dispute. Yet @embarassing argues that colonialism is irrelevant and is only used by "seccisssionists" whatever that means. The IRONY is mind numbing :russ:

OK and? why don't you quote the primary documents instead? prove that it did happen. This thread is stupid. Secondly, what are you trying to prove? what are your motives for posting this? Some random Sultan 100 years ago allegedly wrote a diplomatic letter for help? Is that news and how is this qashin helpful to Somalis? If so then the man only represents himself and nobody else. Your pathetic and embarrassing, get a life.

If it was so long ago why does it bother you is the real question? if you consider those who wrote these letters as "random sultans" than you have no idea what role they played in recent Somali history. Albeit, their dependency on colonial assistance

Somalia country name is a italian name, its flag is a italian design flag its president in 2019 has a italian name, its country borders are colonial drawn borders, its pursuing of "somaliweyn" is a COLONIAL concept "Grandé Somalia". Somalia is currently fighting Kenya over a COLONIAL made border in the sea dispute. Yet @embarassing argues that colonialism is irrelevant and is only used by "seccisssionists" whatever that means. The IRONY is mind numbing :russ:
Everyone in Africa is fighting off colonialism while you beg them, dream, and talk about it constantly, worst of all to no avail. Have some shame.

Somaliweyn borders are natural ethnic borders, most Somalis support it. Stay mad :manny: Or rather keep making yourself look foolish, it just becomes a part of history.

Greater-Somalia-4.png
:it0tdo8:

Genuine advice, if you want to keep embarrassing yourself by talking about colonialism every 5 mins in 2020 then do it under a name that isnt Somali.

:gucciwhat:

Anyway, im triggered by this nonstop humiliation. Rant over.

Everyone in Africa is fighting off colonialism while you beg them, dream, and talk about it constantly, worst of all to no avail. Have some shame.

Somaliweyn borders are natural ethnic borders, most Somalis support it. Stay mad :manny: Or rather keep making yourself look foolish, it just becomes a part of history.

View attachment 81832 :it0tdo8:

Genuine advice, if you want to keep embarrassing yourself by talking about colonialism every 5 mins in 2020 then do it under a name that isnt Somali.

:gucciwhat:

Anyway, im triggered by this nonstop humiliation. Rant over.

Why did you overlook every colonial aspect that i brought up which exists in Somalia until this day, and the fact that Somalia is fighting in favor of colonial made borders(sea dispute). Truth hurts tuts:pachah1:

Why did you overlook every colonial aspect that i brought up which exists in Somalia until this day, and the fact that Somalia is fighting in favor of colonial made borders(sea dispute). Truth hurts tuts:pachah1:
Because it literally only exists in seccessionists heads. Most others despise colonists. You only push it to make the embarrassing obsessions bearable by trying to include others.

Just let it go, the humiliation will go with it. There is no benefit.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
I love how he thought adding the Somali flag to his avatar would make his threads more receptive.

The best way to describe the secessionists flirtation with their former masters the Brits or the overall longing for a link with the past as colonial fetishism.

Because it literally only exists in seccessionists heads. Most others despise colonists. You only push it to make the embarrassing obsessions bearable by trying to include others.

Just let it go, the humiliation will go with it. There is no benefit.

So Somalia fighting for colonial made borders against Kenya exists in my head:russ:

Qadaadweyn are ashamed of their role in WW2 for fighting on the side of nazism & fascism. Not our fault they were on the wrong side of history.

D5BYijmWAAgR2O8.jpeg

Trending