Christian Somalis

Exodus

Alienist
Most of them are likely former atheists who then still felt a need for religion, but were ''disturbed'' by Islam.

There's a segment of them who are self-haters and want to be more like white people/Westerners and therefore adopt Christianity.

And some probably are married to a Christian and converted for that reason.

I think those are the three main reasons.
There are a few gay Somalis who tend to become Christian rather than Atheist/Agnostic that I've seen online.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
He could’ve been another East African Christian that looked somali! Either way LIVE AND LET LIVE! IF A SOMALI BECOMES CHRISTIAN SO WHAT? FOCUS ON YOURSELF

Exodus

Alienist
He could’ve been another East African Christian that looked somali! Either way LIVE AND LET LIVE! IF A SOMALI BECOMES CHRISTIAN SO WHAT? FOCUS ON YOURSELF
He's 100% Somali, there's no doubt about it.

I think you misunderstand, I'm not here to mock them, just to try and understand them.

I heard this christian Somali girl went to my middle school. She wears a hijab in front of her parents but takes it off at school and wears a cross. She regularly attends a Greek orthodox church behind her parents back. I was in a car with relatives and family friends who were screaming telling that she was a Christian, I was laughing lmaoooo.

Apollo

VIP
I heard this christian Somali girl went to my middle school. She wears a hijab in front of her parents but takes it off at school and wears a cross. She regularly attends a Greek orthodox church behind her parents back. I was in a car with relatives and family friends who were screaming telling that she was a Christian, I was laughing lmaoooo.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Most likely oromo or the small number of catholics in xamar that existed before the civil war
higjly doubt is a somali. Or else everyone in that city would know that somalo christian family since all somalis know one another is just an ethiopian Eritrean

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
The strangest thing happened today.

At one of my classes, I saw a Somali wearing a crucifix. I found this rather amusing and was staring at him without realizing it. As the only Somali I knew who converted to Christianity was insane, I do wonder if there are any Christian Somalis on this forum? And do you know any in person?

I can imagine why someone would go from Islam -> Atheism/Agnostic but I am just genuinely curious as to why someone goes from Islam -> Christianity.
I know several Somalis who were baptized they found faith and closure in that particular religion, they are among the larger communities of Somaali Masiix here in this country and currently the first Somali serviced runned Church is undergoing construction , my biggest concerns are will they fight over it like hebel hebel just as it happens at Somali runned mosques in every country overseas

I'm not fond of religions especially converting from one to another

but I respect their decision ,reslience,
courage and their embark on this risk taking journey