Christian Somalis

Exodus

Alienist
The strangest thing happened today.

At one of my classes, I saw a Somali wearing a crucifix. I found this rather amusing and was staring at him without realizing it. As the only Somali I knew who converted to Christianity was insane, I do wonder if there are any Christian Somalis on this forum? And do you know any in person?

I can imagine why someone would go from Islam -> Atheism/Agnostic but I am just genuinely curious as to why someone goes from Islam -> Christianity.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The strangest thing happened today.

At one of my classes, I saw a Somali wearing a crucifix. I found this rather amusing and was staring at him without realizing it. As the only Somali I knew who converted to Christianity was insane, I do wonder if there are any Christian Somalis on this forum? And do you know any in person?

I can imagine why someone would go from Islam -> Atheism/Agnostic but I am just genuinely curious as to why someone goes from Islam -> Christianity.

bbd0j.jpg

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Somali christians exist, there’s even a church somewhere in Toronto specific for them. They’re removed from the community and prob are mistaken for Ethiopian.
Southeners probably. The Italians got a few to convert

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I think it is influence by osmosis. Since we are in gaalo christian country, the temptation is legit. But You can never have been a true Muslim if u convert from Islam to Christianity! Maybe you were an amateur Muslim to begin with.

Allaah swt has already promised us Janatul fardoos, provided we pray Salat, Pay Zakat & do righteous deeds. Why will u down grade to the lower heavens for the premium heavens? Thats how i look at it

Apollo

VIP
Most of them are likely former atheists who then still felt a need for religion, but were ''disturbed'' by Islam.

There's a segment of them who are self-haters and want to be more like white people/Westerners and therefore adopt Christianity.

And some probably are married to a Christian and converted for that reason.

I think those are the three main reasons.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Most of them are likely former atheists who then still felt a need for religion, but were ''disturbed'' by Islam.

There's a segment of them who are self-haters and want to be more like white people/Westerners and therefore adopt Christianity.

And some probably are married to a Christian and converted for that reason.

I think those are the three main reasons.

or it could be, its not easy to be married to this guy

474.jpg

Apollo

VIP
Also, there a tiny group of FOBs who lied about being persecuted Christians in Somalia for their refugee case, then had to go to Churches, and actually became convinced of their own lie.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
He's probably Oromo since some of them are christian or Eritrean. How do you know he's specifically Somali?unless you know him, saw his name or he stated it.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Also, there a tiny group of FOBs who lied about being persecuted Christians in Somalia for their refugee case, then had to go to Churches, and actually became convinced of their own lie.

looooooool Feri saddd its like me thinking i am Duchess of Devonshire online, i kinda walk like her tbh

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
He's probably Oromo since some of them are christian or Eritrean. How do you know he's specifically Somali?unless you know him, saw his name or he stated it.

Most likely oromo or the small number of catholics in xamar that existed before the civil war

Trending

Latest posts