Christian Somalis or Atheist/Agnostic Somalis?

Which group do you feel closer to?

• Christian Somalis

• Atheist/Agnostic Somalis

Results are only viewable after voting.

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
Both will burn in hell forever. How can I pick favourites when Allah gives them them the same punishment?

Today's Christians are not the People of the Book but the People of the Filth.

VixR

Veritas
Let me stir the pot :mjpls:

I think Somali Muslims who prefer atheists are confused tbh. You shouldn’t have a preference. And if you do, it should be for the Somali Christian. You 1000% have more common ground in faith with a devout Christian Somali over an atheist Somali. I’m not advocating you hate Somali atheists, but there’s no reason to hate a Somali Christian.

Tukraq

VIP
I think Somali Muslims who prefer atheists are confused tbh. You shouldn’t have a preference. And if you do, it should be for the Somali Christian. You 1000% have more common ground in faith with a devout Christian Somali over an atheist Somali.
I put them equally, their both pretty illogical considering atheism or belief that there isn’t a god is irrational and a trinity is irrational so to go from Islam to these groups(usually for emotional reasons) puts them at the same level to me

Let me stir the pot :mjpls:

I think Somali Muslims who prefer atheists are confused tbh. You shouldn’t have a preference. And if you do, it should be for the Somali Christian. You 1000% have more common ground in faith with a devout Christian Somali over an atheist Somali. I’m not advocating you hate Somali atheists, but there’s no reason to hate a Somali Christian.
Nobody hates anybody.
giphy.gif

VixR

Veritas
Nobody hates anybody.
giphy.gif
I think it’s conditioning. There’s a significant # of atheists on here who you’ve grown to like or become familiar with. If there were as many Christian Somalis and no atheists, it would lead to the opposite outcome. People are that fickle :icon lol:

A regular Somali Muslim in the wild would have an affinity for Christians.

My parents definitely prefer our Christian neighbors (to people who aren’t religious).

Both will burn in hell forever. How can I pick favourites when Allah gives them them the same punishment?

Today's Christians are not the People of the Book but the People of the Filth.
There are different levels of hellfire just like there are different levels of paradise so a Christian and an atheist won't end up on the same level in hell and a Muslims who is streadfast in his Diin vs a Muslim who is lazy in his Diin won't end up in the same level of Jannah.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
For Somali Christians, some were converted to Catholicism as orphaned children. Last time I checked, children don't fully consent to what they believe in, they merely follow the religious lead of those who raise them.

Last edited:
I think it’s conditioning. There’s a significant # of atheists on here who you’ve grown to like or become familiar with. If there were as many Christian Somalis and no atheists, it would lead to the opposite outcome. People are that fickle :icon lol:

A regular Somali Muslim in the wild would have an affinity for Christians.

My parents definitely prefer our Christian neighbors (to people who aren’t religious).
I have an equal amount of friends that are non-believers, Christians, and Muslims. I'm not sheltered from other people, believe it or not.

There's no problem with people that are born into the religion, but if you go from Islam to Christianity...

Let's just say the people who transition from Islam to non-believers seem to reflect more.:dabcasar:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
You have to pick one, Sheikh.

Who would you rather have as a real-life neighbor for instance.

I wouldn't mind either if it wasn't for the very fact that they're apostates. No matter their current affiliation, a murtad is still a murtad.

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
Neither. If I had to choose, it would be Somali Christians because they have some faith albeit misguided.

Trending