Chinese researcher claims first gene-edited babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
I saw this. Tons of other scientists say it’s not yet ethical to run this sort of experiment bc we know too little, and the technology is in its infancy. If it has horrible ramifications, they can’t reverse it, bc they’re editing germ cells. Any error can be passed on, unless they kill the subjects.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Forgot the name of the book but there was a story where a government genetically engineers it's citizens to be born for certain professions only.

Cops or plumbers gene for example.

All of them would be super contend with what they do and never complain.

I doubt our world would get that scary but I could easily imagine genes for happiness...

Wouldn't you want your kids to be happy? If they don't have the "social harmony" gene then they would be ostracized from society.

Everyone would just end up like smiling zombies...even those in poverty.

We'd end up losing our free will if we go towards that route.

Forgot the name of the book but there was a story where a government genetically engineers it's citizens to be born for certain professions only.

Cops or plumbers gene for example.

All of them would be super contend with what they do and never complain.

I doubt our world would get that scary but I could easily imagine genes for happiness...

Wouldn't you want your kids to be happy? If they don't have the "social harmony" gene then they would be ostracized from society.

Everyone would just end up like smiling zombies...even those in poverty.

We'd end up losing our free will if we go towards that route.
Hmmmu i seem to recall hearing a story about a point in time when humans were at peace with one another just after the flood.

The Tower of Babel

11 Now the whole earth had one language and the same words. zthe land of Shinar and settled there. aand bitumen for mortar. bwith its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be dispersed over the face of the whole earth.” cthe Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of man had built. dlet us go down and there confuse their language, so that they may not understand one another’s speech.” ethe Lord dispersed them from there over the face of all the earth, and they left off building the city. fBabel, because there the Lord confused1 the language of all the earth. And from there the Lord dispersed them over the face of all the earth.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:jcoleno::kendrickcry::mjcry::kanyehmm:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Hmmmu i seem to recall hearing a story about a point in time when humans were at peace with one another just after the flood.

The Tower of Babel

11 Now the whole earth had one language and the same words. zthe land of Shinar and settled there. aand bitumen for mortar. bwith its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be dispersed over the face of the whole earth.” cthe Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of man had built. dlet us go down and there confuse their language, so that they may not understand one another’s speech.” ethe Lord dispersed them from there over the face of all the earth, and they left off building the city. fBabel, because there the Lord confused1 the language of all the earth. And from there the Lord dispersed them over the face of all the earth.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:jcoleno::kendrickcry::mjcry::kanyehmm:

Was it the sons of Ham that built the tower? Why Cushite?

Was it the sons of Ham that built the tower? Why Cushite?
Nimrod the son of cush built the tower of babel. It's all in genesis that he became a mighty hunter and they viewed him as a god....such and such and his kingdom was the first after the flood.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Nimrod the son of cush built the tower of babel. It's all in genesis that he became a mighty hunter and they viewed him as a god....such and such and his kingdom was the first after the flood.

Instead of God I think it may have been the southerners who burned it down and turned the books into charcoal & sold it to the children of Shem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts