Chad Carribean marries his 3rd Somali wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not surprised. Religious/Salafi Somali women are commonly in polygamous marriages, even in the West. You’re only triggered bc he’s not Somali, but the fact of the matter is, the more zealous these types of Salafis see these men as, the better, bc they see it as being with a pious man. A revert is one who’s been lead specifically by god.

Religious? Man is on twitter and talking about his D lol. Like how religious is one if they openly talking like that lol

VixR

Veritas
Religious? Man is on twitter and talking about his D lol. Like how religious is one if they openly talking like that lol
He’s saying all the zealous things you’d expect a revert to say (many born Muslim men say the same shit, even on here), like hoping to have 40 kids and paying lots of Zakatul Fitr.

Somali women in the West have a shortage of eligible Somali men to begin with, and the salafist ones into polygamy are a special case and view reverts as smiled upon by God. He has more going for him than you could offer.

I’m not surprised. Religious/Salafi Somali women are commonly in polygamous marriages, even in the West. You’re only triggered bc he’s not Somali, but the fact of the matter is, the more zealous these types of Salafis see these men as, the better, bc they see it as being with a pious man. A revert is one who’s been lead specifically by god.

I know the brother very well he is a mutual on twitter no one is triggered:ivers:

VixR

Veritas
There is a hierarchical structure in marriage within conservative Muslim communities.
Somali women are the easiest demographic and most vulnerable women in the Muslim community and thus the least respected. They accept offers that most non-Somali women wouldn't ever entertain.
If you want to go in that direction, it takes admitting that Somali men are at the bottom of the hierarchy in the Muslim community, because for the women to be accepting anything outside the Somali community (anything but a Somali please god), regardless of its quality, that suggests a lack of in-group quality (which happens to be the case), and yes, Somali women are not appreciated.

He’s saying all the zealous things you’d expect a revert to say (many born Muslim men say the same shit, even on here), like hoping to have 40 kids and paying lots of Zakatul Fitr.

Somali women in the West have a shortage of eligible Somali men to begin with, and the salafist ones into polygamy are a special case and view reverts as smiled upon by God. He has more going for him than you could offer.
You mean he has more going for him than me because in their eyes he is chosen? Interesting. Its sad if they believe that as it shows ignorance imo. Uk is full of revert and vast majority gets into islam while in jail. Many dont fully leave that life as thats all they know. In my city religious somalis dont deal with reverts anymore they even dont go to same mosques

VixR

Veritas
You mean he has more going for him than me because in their eyes he is chosen? Interesting. Its sad if they believe that as it shows ignorance imo. Uk is full of revert and vast majority gets into islam while in jail. Many dont fully leave that life as thats all they know. In my city religious somalis dont deal with reverts anymore they even dont go to same mosques
The bold is very true.

I know more than the average Somali about Salafists. Many Somali women are disenchanted with Somali men. Add to that equation a revert who’s on his deen and guided by god himself, and you’ve lost.

The bold is very true.

I know more than the average Somali about Salafists. Many Somali women are disenchanted with Somali men. Add to that equation a revert who’s on his deen and guided by god himself, and you’ve lost.
But im not one of those guys who care for girls I dont know or their choices really. And if the girl already dont like somali guys....was I even in competition with the guy? Im somali and if a girl dont like somali guys there is nothing to talk about

My only issue is the average somali salfi girl has little experience with men and buys into the whole we are one ummah kumbaya thing. I seen so many of them including my friends litlle sister divorce early due to culture clash. These girls once they move in with them realise they are not as religious as they thought and they are all over the place.

Offcourse thats not everyone and I met some really genuine reverts as well. They should just do their homework little bit more and drop this romantic thinking we all same.

VixR

Veritas
But im not one of those guys who care for girls I dont know or their choices really. And if the girl already dont like somali guys....was I even in competition with the guy? Im somali and if a girl dont like somali guys there is nothing to talk about

My only issue is the average somali salfi girl has little experience with men and buys into the whole we are one ummah kumbaya thing. I seen so many of them including my friends litlle sister divorce early due to culture clash. These girls once they move in with them realise they are not as religious as they thought and they are all over the place.

Offcourse thats not everyone and I met some really genuine reverts as well. They should just do their homework little bit more and drop this romantic thinking we all same.
I don’t disagree with anything you said. I’m just telling you the reality on the ground.

If you want to go in that direction, it takes admitting that Somali men are at the bottom of the hierarchy in the Muslim community, because for the women to be accepting anything outside the Somali community (anything but a Somali please god), regardless of its quality, that suggests a lack of in-group quality (which happens to be the case), and yes, Somali women are not appreciated.

Allbeit with some clear differences. The male Somali demographic hardly project insecurities to other Muslim communities. For example, Somali men mainly establish their own cultural and Islamic centres, facilitate and lead their own projects for their communities. For better or for worse. Ultimately they have some sort of leverage where they can conduct most of their business within their own 'space'. Common sense would entail that Somali females would be in a better and more suited position to be able to do the same. But they don't. Which raises lots of questions. I don't think it's wise to deny something that is prevalent amongst Somali women. This doesn't absolve Somali men from serious issues but vulnerability and seeking validation from others which reeks of desperation isn't one of them which is why many are astounded and seek clarity on why Somali women behave the way they do. They write their names on papers in the Mosques begging anyone to marry them. You can't buy class and since its happening noticeably, there definitely are issues that I feel goes beyond scapegoating Somali men.

@VixR

These guys are hypocrites, they make a taboo what their Allah made halal and do you still believe Somalis are proper Muslims? Fake Muslims.

Loool aussie if you fell in love with a muslim girl and she says you have to fake to be muslim when meeting my parents....woud you put on your khamiis and put on an oscar performance?

VixR

Veritas
Allbeit with some clear differences. The male Somali demographic hardly project insecurities to other Muslim communities. For example, Somali men mainly establish their own cultural and Islamic centres, facilitate and lead their own projects for their communities. For better or for worse. Ultimately they have some sort of leverage where they can conduct most of their business within their own 'space'. Common sense would entail that Somali females would be in a better and more suited position to be able to do the same. But they don't. Which raises lots of questions. I don't think it's wise to deny something that is prevalent amongst Somali women. This doesn't absolve Somali men from serious issues but vulnerability and seeking validation from others which reeks of desperation isn't one of them which is why many are astounded and seek clarity on why Somali women behave the way they do. They write their names on papers in the Mosques begging anyone to marry them. You can't buy class and since its happening noticeably, there definitely are issues that I feel goes beyond Somali men.
You said nothing to address being at the bottom of the hierarchy in the Muslim community.

It doesn’t matter if you have your own mosques, if it’s congregants are subpar. It doesn’t matter that you have your own mosques, if economically, your life’s blood is govt. assistance and everyone knows it, including women of marriageable age. It doesn’t matter that you have your own mosques, if academically you preform at the lowest levels, even below other African groups.

It doesn’t matter that you have your own mosques, if your men go out of their way to join gangs and become delinquents. It doesn’t matter that you have your own mosques, if the men are held to no standard whatsoever, and as a result expectations plummet like a bad several decades at the stock market.

Common sense would in fact entail the opposite of what you stated, which is the question of why MORE Somali women are not even MORE vulnerable and desperate by the situation they find themselves in.

Last but not least, men and women seek validation and become vulnerable in different ways. If you didn’t know nor notice, dead Somali boys lining the streets for cred is the male form of validation seeking, and should indicate to you a low pride and self worth.

You said nothing to address being at the bottom of the hierarchy in the Muslim community.

It doesn’t matter if you have your own mosques, if it’s congregants are subpar. It doesn’t matter that you have your own mosques, if economically, your life’s blood is govt. assistance and everyone knows it, including women of marriageable age. It doesn’t matter that you have your own mosques, if academically you preform at the lowest levels, even below other African groups.

It doesn’t matter that you have your own mosques, if your men go out of their way to join gangs and become delinquents. It doesn’t matter that you have your own mosques, if the men are held to no standard whatsoever, and as a result expectations plummet like a bad several decades at the stock market.

Common sense would in fact entail the opposite of what you stated, which is the question of why MORE Somali women are not even MORE vulnerable and desperate by the situation they find themselves in.

Last but not least, men and women seek validation and become vulnerable in different ways. If you didn’t know nor notice, dead Somali boys lining the streets for cred is the male form of validation seeking, and should indicate to you a low pride and self worth.
Daaamn girl chill. Do you want emasculate all the men here and make them leave. We have egos and pride....dont read us like that lol. I felt I was being punched pillar to post reading that. Im gonna lay down for a bit

VixR

Veritas
@VixR

These guys are hypocrites, they make a taboo what their Allah made halal and do you still believe Somalis are proper Muslims? Fake Muslims.
Why are they OK with second or multiple Somali wives for themselves, but they don’t want others to have second, third, or even fourth Somali wives? They’re admitting its a bad deal for the women at a base level, even despite themselves.

Either you think it’s important to impart self-esteem into womenfolk, or you think it’s a good idea to diminish their sense of worth. You can’t have it both ways.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
What I find very interesting is For some reason when a Somali guy is gonna marry their daughter the Somali parents will pressure their daughter to ask for a high meher despite what the couple agreed upon

But when she marries a revert they don’t pressure her for meher at all

VixR

Veritas
Daaamn girl chill. Do you want emasculate all the men here and make them leave. We have egos and pride....dont read us like that lol. I felt I was being punched pillar to post reading that. Im gonna lay down for a bit
That wasn’t the intention for an average reader. Then again, it’s an unhappy reality, so it should be upsetting to any Somali.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending