CDN's soo gala - Fed elections, Somalis running

What's your prediction? I'm thinking it will be a Conservative minority. Also, let's keep an eye on the Somali candidates, this was from a list of Muslim candidates.

Ahmed Hussen, Liberal Candidate for York South-Weston

Ahmed Hussen has a Law Degree from the University of Ottawa.

Elected in 2015, Hussen has served as the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship.

Abdul Abdi, Conservative Candidate for Ottawa West-Nepean

Abdul Abdi has worked as an officer with the the Ottawa Police Service. He previously ran as the Conservative candidate for Ottawa West-Nepean in the 2015 Federal Election.

Habiba Mohamud, Liberal Candidate for Edmonton-Griesbach

Dr. Habiba Mohamud is a researcher with the Alberta Women's Science Network who also teaches at MacEwan University in Edmonton, Alberta.

Naiima Farah, NDP Candidate for Etobicoke North

Naiima Farah has a Masters of Social work from York University.

Interesting Fact: Naiima Farah previously ran for City Councillor in Etobicoke North.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

She runs just to raise and benefit off the campaign money. She can't beat that white woman.

What's your prediction? I'm thinking it will be a Conservative minority. Also, let's keep an eye on the Somali candidates, this was from a list of Muslim candidates.

Elected in 2015, Hussen has served as the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship.

Abdul Abdi has worked as an officer with the the Ottawa Police Service. He previously ran as the Conservative candidate for Ottawa West-Nepean in the 2015 Federal Election.

Dr. Habiba Mohamud is a researcher with the Alberta Women's Science Network who also teaches at MacEwan University in Edmonton, Alberta.

Interesting Fact: Naiima Farah previously ran for City Councillor in Etobicoke North.

aint gonna happen, Kristy has helped many somalis and all the people she represent. NDP is a lost cause and Naima wont come in even 2nd. Ford's window is running on PPC ticket and she gonna be 2nd.

I'm calling 911 :hillarybiz:
and then I'm going to vote for Naima. Kirsty had a long run. She needs to get off the seat.

@Ubax45_

Why mention their religion “Muslim”, do you think the non Muslims will vote for them when Muslims are asking other Muslims to vote for them because they’re Muslims and not their policies? If they will only represent the Muslim voters, why would they bother voting for them? It’s a secular country with secular laws and guys don’t turn non-Muslim Canadians against these candidates by always emphasising their faith.

I’m with @Hani Malab here and Naima will win. I don’t even know which party she represents. I like the Sikh guy who’s a leader of one of the Canadian parties. I’ve no clue about his policies.

If Andrew Scheer supported the carbon tax, he would likely be looking be in majority territory. A lot of centre-right people are holding their noses and voting Trudeau on this issue alone. The carbon tax is fundamentally a conservative idea. But he doesn't want to piss off prairie hicks that want their pickups to be subsidized by others who are more environmentally conscious.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP

images

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Seriously if someone doesnt realize by now that the whole democracy shtick is a farce is retarded. Elites hand pick your leaders and sheeple think its their man lul. General policies never shift

Farm

VIP

Abdul has no chance the riding is solidly Liberal. I’m voting NDP, but I’m sure there’ll be another Liberal government.