Cannabis triggers Mental Illness in Somalis.

Many people have discussed how they know someone or know OF someone who has lost their mind after smoking weed.

Popular culture/Media makes it seem like a harmless drug but is that really the case?

I have an uncle who lost his mind after smoking weed.

Please be careful and warn young people that not everyone has the same reaction to drugs/alcohol.

Sometimes it's an underlying condition that is triggered and other times, which is scarier, it's weed laced with other things.

If you don't care about Islam and abusing drugs;

At least roll it yourself, don't trust randoms to pass you a blunt, pill or any other substance.

Common sense.

Several studies have linked marijuana use to increased risk for psychiatric disorders, including psychosis (schizophrenia), depression, anxiety, and substance use disorders, but whether and to what extent it actually causes these conditions is not always easy to determine.32 Recent research suggests that smoking high-potency marijuana every day could increase the chances of developing psychosis by nearly five times compared to people who have never used marijuana.114 The amount of drug used, the age at first use, and genetic vulnerability have all been shown to influence this relationship.

Tukraq

VIP
I thought weed had no side effects, its from the earth, you can have some anxiety and paranoia while high but thats normal and a part of it

Apollo

VIP
I thought weed had no side effects, its from the earth, you can have some anxiety and paranoia while high but thats normal and a part of it

Growers have significantly increased the THC content through selectively-breeding cultivars. It's no longer the same as cannabis from the past.

It's way stronger than it was just 10 years ago. At least more than twice as strong with legalization and actual companies manufacturing and perfecting it over some dude growing it in his basement.

Last edited:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
No it doesnt, I know Somalis who smoked it for decades without any issues. Its the laced weed and only an idiot gets laced

Many people have discussed how they know someone or know OF someone who has lost their mind after smoking weed.

Popular culture/Media makes it seem like a harmless drug but is that really the case?

I have an uncle who lost his mind after smoking weed.

Please be careful and warn young people that not everyone has the same reaction to drugs/alcohol.

Sometimes it's an underlying condition that is triggered and other times, which is scarier, it's weed laced with other things.

If you don't care about Islam and abusing drugs;

At least roll it yourself, don't trust randoms to pass you a blunt, pill or any other substance.

Common sense.

so true, weed, and alcohol and smoking destroys somalis, we are weak and our ancestors are not used to it, others can handle it, but we are weak,

also somalis go mad when they forget to pray salat and do bad things, its God's way of bringing us back since we are very islamc in culture,

i know many who went made due to chat, weed, qamro etc,

so true, weed, and alcohol and smoking destroys somalis, we are weak and our ancestors are not used to it, others can handle it, but we are weak,

also somalis go mad when they forget to pray salat and do bad things, its God's way of bringing us back since we are very islamc in culture,

i know many who went made due to chat, weed, qamro etc,

Exactly

Some ethnic groups can handle certain substances better than others due to tolerance built.
Somalis have zero tolerance for drugs.

Even Khat is not what it used to be.

Some Somalis used to chew it like people use Shisha now, a recreational activity. Now it's a full-time activity and chewers act and look like crackheads.

Some ethnic groups can handle certain substances better than others due to tolerance built.
Somalis have zero tolerance for drugs.
Thanks for saying it. Cadaans can withstand the chemical shifts and reactions going on in the body much better than us. We also have low bone density. We aren't built for that shit. This is just science. We were nomads not too long ago.

Trending