Canadian members come in!

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Nobody works during the winter. Road construction is May to October. Most construction work is potash mine areas and whenever pipeline work comes along.
How do construction companies keep their workers on the line during the winter ? Do they pay them monthly allowance or something like that ?

How do construction companies keep their workers on the line during the winter ? Do they pay them monthly allowance or something like that ?
Lay offs. They contract jobs for the big companies. In the case of roads, the ministry of roads and infrastructure gives out the contracts. They are called seasonal workers it's good gig. I worked for engineering company as seasonal field tech it was nice. I worked from long weekend to long weekend or 24 days 4 days off, and in the winter went to Africa.
I loved it.

Cheap real estate yes but it's a freezing ,ugly and flat place .
Oil production is stagnant so I doubt ppl will be moving there much.
Alot of the fobs from Manitoba have been moving there in large numbers few years ago .
Too many east African drug dealers and pimps , is a filthy province and is no place for young Somalis

Last edited:
I’m never moving to Canada, I visit the place a lot though. (Only been to Toronto)

I made the thread because I wondered if Somalis lived in those Tuulos. In the states we got Somalis in places like Wyoming it’s hilarious.

You'd be suprised, I once met a white washed young somali familly in a B.c ski resort they told us they lived in a tuulo with little less then 4,000 not far from the ski resort .

Trending

Latest posts