Can your own family give u the Evil Jealous Eyes?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Most in the community do tbh. When calamity strikes, sixir is often brought up as a legitimate cause.

It’s true others success should motivate you rather than cause you to be angry at yourself. I say this because I think at its core, envy is not so much you angry at someone’s accomplishments-

as much as it’s you being angry at yourself for not accomplishing what another has.
:yacadiim:

Self-blame, huh? You are correct as it often goes back to the self. People should just be easier on themselves. There is always some error or falling short in some sphere of life. All one can do is be grateful for what one has. Do an internal audit of ones capacity vs constraints, try to play to ones strengths, less on their weaknesses (unless they intend on improving them). And they should be fine. Worst case scenario if one feels so bad be of service and make someone's life marginally better. Just a thought.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Self-blame, huh? You are correct as it often goes back to the self. People should just be easier on themselves. There is always some error or falling short in some sphere of life. All one can do is be grateful for what one has. Do an internal audit of ones capacity vs constraints, try to play to ones strengths, less on their weaknesses (unless they intend on improving them). And they should be fine. Worst case scenario if one feels so bad be of service and make someone's life marginally better. Just a thought.
From my limited experience, most outward displays of jealousy or anger to others can be traced back to some sort of issue with the self. Whether it’s low self esteem or other insecurities. It’s rare to find someone genuinely dislike another’s success for no real reason.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
From my limited experience, most outward displays of jealousy or anger to others can be traced back to some sort of issue with the self. Whether it’s low self esteem or other insecurities. It’s rare to find someone genuinely dislike another’s success for no real reason.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
I wholeheartedly agree.
giphy.gif

OK here is a sceniro for u guys, tell me if it is Aayne evil eye.

Like everybody, our family has a whats up group chat. So my older brother has a son, my nephew who was born with a bad heart. Maaskin he is in the hospital a lot.

So my other brother just had a baby boy Mashalaah. He also named him the same name as my other mentioned nephew.

But this second nephew is too cute. So he posted photos in our group. everybody complimented the baby except the older brother.

a week or two later my cute nephew is in the hospital.

am i over reacting or being a drama queen?

in anyway. pray for my nephew. duas to Allaah swt makes magic. :)

why would two brothers name their kid the same name? That is bad in first place.

Everybody who has ever shared a name with someone can not deny It brings about comparison / competition even if it’s just for a split second.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
why would two brothers name their kid the same name? That is bad in first place.

Everybody who has ever shared a name with someone can not deny It brings about comparison / competition even if it’s just for a split second.

I know. I offered my brother the name Uthman ibn Afan--the richest Sahaba and the most generous noble soul. His Isaaq wife picked the name. I am not happy with her at all

I know. I offered my brother the name Uthman ibn Afan--the richest Sahaba and the most generous noble soul. His Isaaq wife picked the name. I am not happy with her at all
You may be jumping to conclusions as a sidenote.

But For similar reasons I try to refrain from posting social media pictures or dressing too flashy anymore.