Can you be LGBTQ+ and Muslim?

I’ve met this guy, who just started university (freshman), who is also half Somali/ half Turkish and Muslim. So of course we started talking and somehow we told me that he’s gay. Honestly I don’t care about people’s sexuality. So I told him”cool” and went on to say that he’s also Muslim and again I said “cool”. I feel like he was expecting a different reaction?

anywas my question is can you be lgbtq and Muslim?

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
I’ve met this guy, who just started university (freshman), who is also half Somali/ half Turkish and Muslim. So of course we started talking and somehow we told me that he’s gay. Honestly I don’t care about people’s sexuality. So I told him”cool” and went on to say that he’s also Muslim and again I said “cool”. I feel like he was expecting a different reaction?

You can't be gay and Muslim. That's like being a jewish nazi.

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
Islam doesn't define us by our sexual desires. Labeling people as "gay", "straight" or "bisexual" is a modern social construct. Having desires for the same gender isn't sinful along as one avoids acting upon their urges. Even if one did have intercourse with someone of the same gender then they haven't left the fold of Islam aslong as they know it's a major sin but if they view it as permissible then they have left islam.

Last edited:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Stupid question but it isn't that black and white for transgender Muslims.

I know there's a whole community of them in some Muslim countries like Indonesia.

Stupid question but it isn't that black and white for transgender Muslims.

I know there's a whole community of them in some Muslim countries like Indonesia.
its as black and white as possible.

A group of jaahils in Indonesia does not change that factor.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
its as black and white as possible.

A group of jaahils in Indonesia does not change that factor.

Maybe there's a bigger social stigma to being non Muslim than tranvestite.

Then again it's Vice who make the weirdest things seem normal.

That is not possible, can someone be part of the KKK but like black people? Can you be a vegetarian but you like hilib? You can’t be two opposites at the same time, tell him pick a side. “Batty boy fi ded!” As the yardi men say

That is not possible, can someone be part of the KKK but like black people? Can you be a vegetarian but you like hilib? You can’t be two opposites at the same time, tell him pick a side. “Batty boy fi ded!” As the yardi men say
Well that would be right if being gay and being Muslim would contradict each other. But the Quran is very specific by saying.. you can’t lay with a man.. but wanting to is not a sin.. desires can’t be sins because if so wanting to have sex with women that I’m not married to would be a sin, right?

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Why not? But again why would you want to be part of a religion that actively preaches against what you are doing?

Technically speaking one can be gay and muslim at the same time. As long as he sees his actions as haram he'll still be muslim.

Only if he sees his sexual orientation as permitted he'll no longer be a muslim. Doing this is considerd istihlal (making something that is haram into something that's halal).