Can we start building factories in Djibouti and the rest of Somalia?

Can we build factories for things like textiles, cement, fish, and whatever else is viable in safe places like Djibouti then expand in the rest of Somalia when we have the capital for protection? Bringing industries to our countries would increase productivity so people would stop sitting around discussing clanism (we are the most ethnically homogenous group in Africa, we are all related tribalism is stupid we should not be enemies to each other). I also think industrialization can help speed up development. Thoughts?

Can we build factories for things like textiles, cement, fish, and whatever else is viable in safe places like Djibouti then expand in the rest of Somalia when we have the capital for protection? Bringing industries to our countries would increase productivity so people would stop sitting around discussing clanism (we are the most ethnically homogenous group in Africa, we are all related tribalism is stupid we should not be enemies to each other). I also think industrialization can help speed up development. Thoughts?
Reer waqooyi refurbished the old factories Italians built and they’re still using it. I’ve seen old cement factory somewhere in waqooyi it’s just not that big.

Reer waqooyi refurbished the old factories Italians built and they’re still using it. I’ve seen old cement factory somewhere in waqooyi it’s just not that big.
Interesting. But why haven’t we expanded? It would really help our people and I noticed Somalis are quite resourceful I visited a farm back home they were very productive with little resources. I would be willing to contribute if others did especially if we planned it together.

Interesting. But why haven’t we expanded? It would really help our people and I noticed Somalis are quite resourceful I visited a farm back home they were very productive with little resources. I would be willing to contribute if others did especially if we planned it together.
Idk huuno hopefully some sspot members will expand on this topic.

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
My grandparents have solar panels and they were cheap. On a larger scale we could do it if we came together as diaspora no?
Solar panels can't power industrial manufacturing. They're more for personal use

Solar panels can't power industrial manufacturing. They're more for personal use
I did research and solar power can be used industrially.

We could also probably find a way if government officials were on board and they would probably take us more seriously as diaspora if we advocate for change and come with acutal plans. They can’t keep us down forever. If our leaders do not want to invest in our people and their education properly then we must force change. I think manufacturing facilities would really help then we could collectively use it for other things like infrastructure.

Better to do it in SL or Somalia instead in Jaabuti where the industries could be taken IOG family or give it to their cronies

Better to do it in SL or Somalia instead in Jaabuti where the industries could be taken IOG family or give it to their cronies
That is true it’s so annoying. I have a family member who tried to start a water plant and then they ran her out of the country. Such entitled stupid people. Somliland and Somalia have a better population though, it would be even better if they both saw eye to eye. I really want to start this though. I already do online education for people back home but I want to start something that will bring about real change inshallah and with the money I want to build up decent infrastructure or have the credibility to take a loan to do so

Trending

Latest posts