Can someone who murdered a child go to Jannah?

yes. there was a man who killed ninety-nine (then 100) people but still went to jannah. that isn't to say we should commit such horrible sins but.... Allah is forgiving so there is hope even for those who commit the worst of sins.

also I want to mention that as horrible as the sin that is mentioned is... shirk is even worse. I don't say that to downplay how horrible and serious the sin of murder is but- imagine how bad shirk is if it's even worse than murder.

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
Emotion Reaction GIF

yes. there was a man who killed ninety-nine (then 100) people but still went to jannah. that isn't to say we should commit such horrible sins but.... Allah is forgiving so there is hope even for those who commit the worst of sins.
There isn’t a distinction between children and adults?

There isn’t a distinction between children and adults?

Allah can even forgive shirk if the person repents. I know there is a verse where the Quran says shirk is the only sin that Allah doesn't forgive but to my understanding this is if a person dies upon shirk without repentance. A person may commit shirk, commit kufr but- if they are repentant- to my understanding they can still be forgiven (although if they've committed kufr akbar they will need to take the shahadah to re-enter Islam).

Given that a person can be forgiven for shirk- which is the worst of all sins- can a person not be forgiven for murder? And sure..... at least imo... harming a child I think does make harming someone... or more than just harming them... even worse... but would the scenario given be worse than the murder of one hundred people (as committed by the man in the famous hadith)?

Of course.... Allah told us in the Quran.......

وَلَا تَقْتُلُوا۟ ٱلنَّفْسَ ٱلَّتِى حَرَّمَ ٱللَّهُ إِلَّا بِٱلْحَقِّ ۚ

-Surah Al'Anam : 151

(in a very rough translation of the meaning- "and do not kill the soul that Allah has forbidden except by right")

of course..... to violate the command of Allah in that verse... is something super extremely serious. from the framework of the shariah.... to my knowledge... the family of the child would have the right to demand the capital punishment of the murderer (under the authority of the Muslim ruler)..... that particular sin is something extremely serious... and in this world, the shari punishment could be what I've mentioned.... but as far as the akhirah, it is not impossible that the culprit could be forgiven... but they should do some very serious repentance while they're here and still have time to repent

Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Amongst the men of Bani Israel there was a man who had murdered ninety-nine persons. Then he set out asking (whether his repentance could be accepted or not). He came upon a monk and asked him if his repentance could be accepted. The monk replied in the negative and so the man killed him. He kept on asking till a man advised to go to such and such village. (So he left for it) but death overtook him on the way. While dying, he turned his chest towards that village (where he had hoped his repentance would be accepted), and so the angels of mercy and the angels of punishment quarrelled amongst themselves regarding him. Allah ordered the village (towards which he was going) to come closer to him, and ordered the village (whence he had come), to go far away, and then He ordered the angels to measure the distances between his body and the two villages. So he was found to be one span closer to the village (he was going to). So he was forgiven."

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
tbh with the hadith it’s possible the man will come to account for all the deaths he caused and the vitictims (who are muslim) will also be rewarded bountiful due to their unjustified murders. the victims will be given a lot of ajar for their injustice because Every Muslim who is killed wrongfully will have the reward of the martyr in the Hereafter. it’s also possible the man will also be punished for his sins but ultimately go to jannah at the end. allah knows best

Trending