Can a Somali Gaal be a Somali Nationalist ?

Can a Somali Infidel be a Nationalist

• Yes

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 42.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did the Lee Kuan Yew's of Singapore become Muslims?

As for Brunei;

Sex, lies and Sharia Law: The secret life of the Sultan of Brunei.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...i/news-story/6eac970ff7aa06716f95356a5470d3f4

Regardless of if they are Muslims, Atheists or believers of the Flying Spaghetti religion, let us find patriotic leaders who could influence the Somali masses, enlighten and educate them to believe that they can prevent massive scale of human caused droughts and the unnecessary deaths of tens of thousands of Somali people every couple of years. This could only be achieved by introducing secular Laws. Today, we have sheikhs in each family and for the last quarter of a century, Somalia has produced more sheikhs than the rest of the Islamic world, what have they done for Somalia and Somalis? These sheikhs believe droughts are unavoidable and are caused by the "almighty" and with the emergence of hundreds of thousands of Sheikhs, today, the practice of personal Sharia is solely focused on women. How they should dress, travel, eat and some issue edicts of how much pubic hair they should have. What did they do for the masses to free them from hunger, illiteracy and deaths? The did nothing and in-fact, they find their miserable situation as an omen and an advantageous position for them. The more Somalis have been Islam-cised, the worst their situation became. Let us not do the same-thing over and over and expect a better different outcome. Believe what ever you want and let's secularise the people and teach them God's business is only for "after-live", therefore, let's work hard for a better Somalia and then, enjoy our country in a prosperous, peaceful and tolerant way in this life.

my bad I meant malaysia, not singapore. and no need to nit pick the sultan of brunei, khulafa in the past did worse doesn't mean anything, there's no such thing as an islamic utopian society.

and the next part please stop-somalia was much better for the few months it was under icu than under this "democracy" la iska sheegayo. Why are you even talking about scholars, since when do they run somalia? they give a few fatwas here and there it means they have all the power and some how all the corruption, clan skirmishes, alshabaab going all is all their fault :gnzbryw: sure it has nothing to do with the after math of a dictator, warlords,followed by a fake government placed there so the people will think they have something while they are being infiltrated with alshabaab and stealth-colonized by their neighbors, and the organization run by these people is the same one hiring the ones pocketing aid money and lolly gagging about while their people are dying. but yes find a way to scapegoat islam :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mr Johnson

Will a Shia Muslim like you be save in Somalia? How about if you are from the wrong Islamic sect and get exposed in the wrong place? The funny thing is all these new politico sects replaced the former clan warlords and they will seek the support of even godless aliens just to come to power. Your fellow Shia Iran should change tact and should start sponsoring religious schools from the village level to the regional centres. Let them preach the "Ahlu Bayt" Doctrine as a remedy for all Somalis to heal. I say this because I believe a Somalia where Shia-ism is the majority could be secularised than a Somalia dominated by Wahhabis.

I'm not Shia but I am an ally of theirs.

The Shia are definetly more civilized and forward-thinking. The Shia are peaceful like the Buddhists but will go ape-shit to defend themselves against Sunnis.

If Somalia was Shia, it would be a peaceful, middle income country today and bombs wouldn't be going off everywhere at anytime. It would be Africa's jewel and a centre of knowledge and innovation.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
No, Somali atheists are not Somali point blank, as soon as you abandon the perfect doctrine revealed by God you forfeit your ethnicity. During the advent of Islam too Somalia all those who refused to embrace Islam were outcasted and killed, these were known as the Gallas and a few exist today, adopted by Animistic Borana Oromos. They were even kicked out of their settlements i.e, 'Gaalkacyo' or expulsion of gaals.

These new atheists are the same and would never be accepted as Somali, infact wallahi of someone publicly declared their atheism in Somalia they would be killed by the most liberal khat chewing youth let alone a hardline conservative.

If you are atheist I suggest you claim Ethiopian as they can tolerate your kufr

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
No, Somali atheists are not Somali point blank, as soon as you abandon the perfect doctrine revealed by God you forfeit your ethnicity. During the advent of Islam too Somalia all those who refused to embrace Islam were outcasted and killed, these were known as the Gallas and a few exist today, adopted by Animistic Borana Oromos. They were even kicked out of their settlements i.e, 'Gaalkacyo' or expulsion of gaals.

These new atheists are the same and would never be accepted as Somali, infact wallahi of someone publicly declared their atheism in Somalia they would be killed by the most liberal khat chewing youth let alone a hardline conservative.

If you are atheist I suggest you claim Ethiopian as they can tolerate your kufr

You can't forfeit your ethnicity, lol. I guess you're okay with killing atheists, huh?

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Throwing in my two cents on this.

I don't think that the root of our ills is religious

However it is the lack of adapting/reforming the culture to the needs of the people.
We are in hard times and we have been misled by eloquent dummies, who speaks "how they are for the people" but eats alone.
That applies for politicians, elders and sheikhs.

The Somali identity, morale and the social fabric has gone to shit.
I love my people and I can't stand to see us(including me) being content wallowing in the cesspool of civilization because of our flawed perception of what it means to be a Somali. We are better than that, and most of us can't even fathom our true potential of our self actualization because we are so out of touch of with the essence of ourselves, and the walaalos in Somalia are in no better position than us.
The culture is now out of touch with the Somali people
We need to lay down a comprehensive cultural framework like Confucius on what it means to be a Somali, the ideals of the quintessential self actualized Somali man/woman. The ideals of a Somali society. How to take care of the Somali children, the land we are walking on.
Basically going through every societal ills and provide the necessary solutions to further our interest and so that our civilization can thrive.

Confucius and Sun Tzu layed some strong foundation for the Chinese Civilization to flourish for over a thousand years.

We have a long way to go but I know we can go just as far if not further than the Chinese race. We can implement useful shit way faster than 95% than most people judging from how fast we have descended.

We all need to acknowledge the fact individually that there is a lot of things wrong with us because of what we have been taught and done, that we need forgive ourselves and aspire to be better just 1% a day.

It is a painful process but that is the only way forward for us Somalis because we have a lot of wounds and unfortunately that will stay with us to the grave but we owe to our youngins.

This religious/atheist beef is nothing more than just circle-jerking each other to circumvent the roots of this issue. I can understand where you guys are coming from but it doesn't help complaining about the rotten apples of the tree when roots are rotten and way past expiry date.

The only time gaal somalis can be nationalist is if they have sense of somalinimo that means if his/her somalinimo supersedes his gaalnimo. Unfortunately that is not the case for most somali infidels therefore they cant be nationalists. Most somali infidels project their gaalnimo through white mans lenses and that is one thing that should never be allowed or accepted in Somalia.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
The only time gaal somalis can be nationalist is if they have sense of somalinimo that means if his/her somalinimo supersedes his gaalnimo. Unfortunately that is not the case for most somali infidels therefore they cant be nationalists. Most somali infidels project their gaalnimo through white mans lenses and that is one thing that should never be allowed or accepted in Somalia.
Would you say the same thing about Muslims who put their religion over their country? What's atheism through the white man's lenses? I would love to read some Somali atheism philosophers work if you have some names.

Would you say the same thing about Muslims who put their religion over their country? What's atheism through the white man's lenses? I would love to read some Somali atheism philosophers work if you have some names.
As a secularist and culturalist to a certain degree yes i would say the same about the religious zealots. But contrary to the atheists most radical muslims zealots have far more somalinimo in them than this western somali infidels and that is a fact.

Atheism through white mans lenses is simply the mainstream atheism that has its roots to darwinism and western europe. Before Darwin there were thousands of cultures where the concept of god was not practised so Why did somali atheists choose the cadaan atheism and not others if their argument is to be taken serious at all.

Also i would have respected them more if they brought atheism concept that projects itself through somalinimo.

my bad I meant malaysia, not singapore. and no need to nit pick the sultan of brunei, khulafa in the past did worse doesn't mean anything, there's no such thing as an islamic utopian society.

and the next part please stop-somalia was much better for the few months it was under icu than under this "democracy" la iska sheegayo. Why are you even talking about scholars, since when do they run somalia? they give a few fatwas here and there it means they have all the power and some how all the corruption, clan skirmishes, alshabaab going all is all their fault :gnzbryw: sure it has nothing to do with the after math of a dictator, warlords,followed by a fake government placed there so the people will think they have something while they are being infiltrated with alshabaab and stealth-colonized by their neighbors, and the organization run by these people is the same one hiring the ones pocketing aid money and lolly gagging about while their people are dying. but yes find a way to scapegoat islam :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hodan

Gartay, since we agree with there is no "utopian Islamic society", it has never been and it never will be, let's us also agree that Malaysia has a complex legal system which could not be termed either, wholly Islamic and nor wholly secular. Malaysia is a Federal State and the Federal Parliament enacts federal laws that applies to nationwide. Also, different States enact their own Laws that only applies to their respective State and some of these States enact different Shariah Laws. Very few of them have established draconian Shariah Laws, but the majority of them have established milder versions. Thus, Malaysia has a dual justice system—the secular laws (criminal and civil) and shariah laws, however, Article 75 of the Federal Constitution states that a federal law shall prevail over any inconsistent state laws, including sharia laws enacted by the States. In most of Malaysia, the weekend days are Saturday and Sunday (though they can break for Friday prayers), except for the states of Kedah, Kelantan, Terengganu and Johor, whom their weekend is Friday and Saturday. This indicates that Malaysia is a very complex case that is neither a secular country and nor an Islamic Shariah complaint nation.

Aaah the six months of the ICU!!! Some relatives exaggerate it and argue that if we were let them to be in power till today, we could have managed our affairs better or might have achieved in building a space program and sent robots to space. That is the kind of romanticism we falsely built for the Islamic Courts. What happened to the leaders of the Islamic Courts? The most moderate of these wadaads replaced the regime of Yusuf and Nur Cadde, 200 of them were instantly made Parliamentarians and they were led by Sheikh Sharif, the former leader of the Islamic Courts Union. The ICU were never meant to succeed in the longer run because what united them in the first place was solely their resistance to the CIA collaborating with the warlords to the rendition of some Somali and foreign Jihadists associated with Alqaeda. They had absolutely nothing else in common unifying them be it political theology or anything else. Sooner or later, they were destined to break up and turn on one another. What replaced them were Islamic political organisations like the Al-Sheikhs, Damul Jadiid and so on. Today, without the support of these Islamist groups, there is little chance that one will be elected to a higher office.

"
Another Somalia observer notes that while the provisional constitution vests executive authority with the prime minister, with the president intended to play a balancing role between the cabinet and parliament. Indeed, “President Hassan Sheikh has taken a robust interpretation of his mandate, which donors have tended to countenance – seeing in his civil society background a potential partner with whom they could work, and who would mark a significant departure from the domination of politics by former warlords under the SFG.” [4]

Unlike the Ethiopia and Kenya, the Somali constitution lays down a state religion, espousing Sharia as the supreme law. Jason Mosley of Chatham House notes that the sacking of the latest prime minister also underscores the competition between different conservative visions of how the goal of enforcing Sharia should be pursued.

“There are signs that the motivation for the present infighting is linked to the question of building the judiciary. Competition is fierce between different conservative Islamist visions over how Sharia will form the base of Somalia’s constitutional order, and how the country’s nascent judicial apparatus will evolve to interpret and implement such an order.”

Ascendency of religious movements: [5] A June 2014 report by the Life & Peace Institute (LPI) had concluded that, while none of the original Somali protagonists in the civil war had an ideological religious orientation, the political landscape in south-central Somalia is now dominated by Islamist organisations and movements of various hues. For example, three of the seven political groups covered in the study—al-Shabab, Al-Islah and Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jam’a—are avowedly Islamists and make religion the main plank of their ideology and an Islamic state and society their ultimate goal. The federal constitution also pledges to establish an Islamic state. The Jubaland administration, whose President Ahmed Mohamed Islam Madobe is the leader of Ras Kamboni Brigade, is also Islamist in its orientation and was part of the Islamic Courts Union which ruled south-central Somalia from June 2006 to December 2010. Even the organisations not covered by this project—such as Hizbul Islam, Ala Sheikh and al-Ictisaam—are religious movements.

Diversity within ‘political Islam’: The above scenario challenges the notion of a monolithic Somali movement of ‘political Islam’. Whilst LPI’s research clearly draws out a number of similarities between these movements in terms of organisational structure, modus operandi and strategies for socio-political transformation in Somalia, the fault-lines that divide these Somali Islamist groups are so deep, to the extent of being a source of violent conflict. In addition to divergent religious orientation and sectarian differences, these groups also have different political agendas and sometimes rival foreign sponsors.

Unlike 2006 when 17 Islamist groups of all strands, including al-Shabab, had come together to form the Islamic Courts Union and ruled south-central Somalia for a rare six months of stability and peace, the LPI research shows that the gaps and differences between them have widened to an extent that a reunion seems unlikely in the near future. While the international community and regional powers back so-called ‘moderate Islamists’, both at the centre in Mogadishu and in the regions such Jubaland, the extremist fringe has been further radicalised and broadened its recruitment base as well as sphere of activities.

Based on the responses received during LPI’s research project, Somali Islamists can be divided into three broad religious and political categories:

• Traditionalists (Sufi-oriented), such as ASWJ. They consider ‘foreign’ Islamist influences as anathema to traditional Somali Muslim culture and practices, and have taken up arms to counter them. For example, shrines and the Prophet’s birthday celebrations are of great importance in the traditional Somali Muslim culture but Wahhabi movements like al-Shabab and most of the modernists see such practices as deviations from true Islamic tenets.
  • Modernists, such as Al-Islah and the government of President Hassan Sheikh Mahamud, are the Somali equivalent of Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood and share the Brotherhood’s ideology and methodology of Islamising modern education, engaging in social services and reforming the state and society along Islamic lines. They profess nonviolence.
  • Salafis or Wahabis, such as al-Shabab, reject all modern education and ‘western’ influences, impose by force a strict interpretation of Sharia, consider every other Islamic movement and sect to be outside the pail of Islam and, most of them, have a global agenda of establishing a caliphate. Hence, al-Shabab’s links to al-Qaida.
http://life-peace.org/hab/federalism-amid-political-military-chaos/

Last edited:
I'm not Shia but I am an ally of theirs.

The Shia are definetly more civilized and forward-thinking. The Shia are peaceful like the Buddhists but will go ape-shit to defend themselves against Sunnis.

If Somalia was Shia, it would be a peaceful, middle income country today and bombs wouldn't be going off everywhere at anytime. It would be Africa's jewel and a centre of knowledge and innovation.

Johnson

What is your sect called? I do agree with your statement the shia's as "more civilised and forward thinking" than the Sunnis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts