Caitlin Johnstone: In post-Iraq invasion world, it’s absolutely insane to blindly believe the US narrative on China

Caitlin Johnstone: In post-Iraq invasion world, it’s absolutely insane to blindly believe the US narrative on China

"Always be intensely skeptical of claims made about governments targeted by the known liars who run the US-centralized empire. Always, always, always, always. If you advance imperialist propaganda, then you are just as culpable for the bloodshed and suffering they help facilitate as the people who are actually launching the missiles."

since people want to demonize me for not automatically believing the US narrative

Edh-ZK-WkAcUspU.png

Who said anyone believes USA today lol, the narrative about China coming from within and other countries too

It is being pushed by the US and the Western media. I'm sure the media of other countries pushed the WMD lie too. And the incubator lie too.

Now, granted, Al Jazeera in English and English-language Turkish media has pushed the US-backed narrative.

But Al Jazeera English pushes feminism and lgbt stuff. I don't necessarily trust English-language media in general. I'm not necessarily going to take the media's word for it.

MSM’s expert of choice on ‘Uighur persecution’ topic is an anti-communist crusader who sees spanking as ‘discipline’

A man who played a major role in promoting a claim that China is keeping over a million Uighurs in prison camps has a dubious record that makes him an unreliable expert, an exposé in Grayzone has revealed.
Adrian Zenz has been the go-to contact for comments for many Western mainstream media reporting on the Chinese policy towards its Muslim population in the Xinjiang province. He is among those accusing Beijing of persecuting the Uighur minority by keeping them under all-pervasive surveillance and sending those deemed problematic to “re-education camps.” The Chinese government denies the allegations.
Zenz’s media credibility on the whole issue is underscored by his role as a major source behind the estimate that over a million people were being detained in Xinjiang camps.

Among outlets that have invited him to share his opinion are The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN, and Democracy Now! He was also enroled as an expert by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) to contribute to its reporting on the so-called ‘China Cables,’ alleged Chinese instruction manuals for such schemes in Xinjiang.

But the reliability of Zenz as a commenter on Chinese affairs is highly dubious, the news website Grayzone writes, detailing both the source of his claim on the number of detained Uighurs and of his other opinions.

The source of the numbers he cited in his research is a Turkey-based outlet serving Uighur exiles, Istiqlal TV. That organization has links to various religious extremist figures and advocates separating Xinjiang from China and creating a new state called East Turkestan. It is not clear where Istiqlal TV took the detention figures cited by Zenz, but their credibility is in question, considering the outlet's bias, Grayzone argues.

Zenz himself has an association with Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation, a US government-backed NGO that has as its primary goal the opposition to communism in all forms. According to an interview with the Wall Street Journal, he views his reportage on Uighurs in China as a mission from God.

And he holds other strong religious opinions, which he outlines in a 2012 book. Among other things he argues that anti-discrimination laws in the West are part of an “anti-Christian ‘tolerance’ campaign.” He also lamented that corporal punishment of children was being increasingly outlawed throughout the world because he believed that “true scriptural spanking is loving discipline and not violence” and was necessary to protect children from “rebellious tendencies.”

Grayzone journalist Max Blumenthal, who co-authored the exposé, asked Zenz during a recent event if he still held those beliefs. The researcher wouldn’t denounce them. The investigative and analytical website said that, considering such facts, it was troubling that “Western governments and media have accepted and promoted … without a trace of scepticism” Zenz’s claims on a highly sensitive and politicized issue.

Accusing a foreign government of human rights violations is a time-tested approach for Washington in its fight for global dominance. Be it China, Iran, Venezuela or Russia, there seems to be no shortage of NGOs, experts and pundits to explain to the domestic audience that the corresponding government are ‘the bad guys’.

Not surprisingly, the second major report on the number of detained Uighurs that boosted the “over one million” claim happens to be a US government-backed group called Network of Chinese Human Rights Defenders. Their assessment is based on interviews with eight people and some creative extrapolation of the incarceration rates that those people reported to the entire province.

https://www.rt.com/news/474961-china-slams-xinjiang-bill/

if you look at where these claims are coming from- a lot of this is coming from Adrian Zenz. Zenz is one of these hardcore right-wing Christian evangelical types.

i5bbvgc2q9061.png

look at what Zenz is pushing here. this is a joke. why is the note in that fake Chinese script? why does the alleged Uyghur know how to write in English. and the shoe is made in Vietnam. this man cannot be reliable. what he is pushing here is clearly fake. why would he need to push stuff that is clearly fake?

by that logic, you would have to support the Muslim concentration camps in China as well.

here is a post where I referred to "Muslim concentration camps in China". So the idea that I am a shill does not make sense. You can see in some of my old posts that I myself believed the claims. but as time went on, I started questioning the claims. I've looked into it and I am suspicious of the claims. I registered here years ago before the US-China thing was really the big issue it is today.

The leftist totalitarian system of the future may be like China where they are capitalist in terms of economics but they still put religious people in camps.

I posted that less than a year ago. I've been here since 2018 but only started working for China as a shill less than a year ago? How would that even work? The actual truth is I started being exposed to an alternate viewpoint and I started to look into it.

I posted that less than a year ago. I've been here since 2018 but only started working for China as a shill less than a year ago? How would that even work? The actual truth is I started being exposed to an alternate viewpoint and I started to look into it.
Damn nigga you work in China? It all adds up now :damedamn: Does the ccp have you at gun point?

Trending